Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WoW... Would you continue to play if...??

2»

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Alternate rule set servers such as FFA PVP and territory control would bring me back, nothing else.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• SephirosoSephiroso Member RarePosts: 2,020
    Since World of Warcraft has my favorite fantasy lore in mmos i would resub more often if they kept content fresh. I dont play for dungeons or raids, i play for the lore.
    Why not read the books?

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

• ragz45ragz45 Member UncommonPosts: 810
    Darksworm said:

They're better off doing full revamps on the classes that already exist, and perhaps bringing them down to 2 specs like the Demon Hunter.  That way they are more focused and balance is easier to achieve across all the classes.

If anything this would drive me even further away from the chance of returning to WoW.  The dumbing down of the game over the past few years drove me away in the first place.  (replacing talent trees etc)  When I heard of the demon hunter only having two choices, this further drove me away.

It's almost like bliz thinks as a gamer, I am too stupid to be able to take a system with multiple options and choices, and have fun with it.  I really enjoy in depth class building systems like Rift, ESO, and to even an extent GW2.  I enjoy class systems that give me many many options on how to build my character, but makes each of the choices a hard choice.  Where I have to give up something very nice, to get something else.

Instead bliz think's this is too hard for my piddly little brain to handle.
  • GhavriggGhavrigg Member RarePosts: 1,308
    I always get excited and return for an expansion (or after having quit for a while, just bored of everything else available), but with the current rate and quality of content, they have no chance of keeping me beyond the first couple months of an expansion. They look like they're definitely trying, but they do seriously need to step up their game for Legion or they will dip far below 5 million subs  after that initial spike this time around. 

I don't care so much about them adding new hero classes, though. For all I care they can keep the existing ones for the rest of the game's lifespan. New races, though, I would like. 

One expansion per year would be amazing, though I wonder what the quality of the content would be like. 

Either way, I'll be back and forth from WoW until it's dead, probably. 
  • mark2123mark2123 Member UncommonPosts: 450
    Ghavrigg said:
    I always get excited and return for an expansion (or after having quit for a while, just bored of everything else available), but with the current rate and quality of content, they have no chance of keeping me beyond the first couple months of an expansion. They look like they're definitely trying, but they do seriously need to step up their game for Legion or they will dip far below 5 million subs  after that initial spike this time around. 

I don't care so much about them adding new hero classes, though. For all I care they can keep the existing ones for the rest of the game's lifespan. New races, though, I would like. 

One expansion per year would be amazing, though I wonder what the quality of the content would be like. 

Either way, I'll be back and forth from WoW until it's dead, probably. 
    With Blizzard's income from WoW and the fact that they get a sub every month, the quality of their content, yearly, should be great - but they don't invest and don't care to do it as people are buying the next expac in droves already, so there is no incentive to invest more money as they have bagged loads of guaranteed players almost a year out.
  • Righteous_RockRighteous_Rock Member RarePosts: 1,234
    I will continue to play, blizzard only studio that can deliver a halfway decent game at a justified cost.
  • WizbuizWizbuiz Member UncommonPosts: 215
    edited November 2015
    the combat is supreme. The immersion is shit, moving further and further away from the mmorpg feel. But the combat is just epic, fluently, fast, and interresting in a pvp perspective.
    Post edited by Wizbuiz on
  • WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,363
    edited November 2015
    no until they change how patch/expansion works...

they release an expansion and then start working on the next one leaving the actual expansion that is going to be played for 2 years~ with little to no cotent .....is no wonder they lost so many subs.

i dont say dont work on next expansion , but come on...Legion is going to be awesome because the have been working since WOD was released....lots of promises the team now has doubled! yet? half assed expansion.

and 1 year of no content every expansion ???? come on we are talking about WOW the mmorpg that made BILLIONS ....yet they cant be bothered to keep content going? , while others with 10% or less of that can?

that video explains it perfectly.

• MaygusMaygus Member UncommonPosts: 374
    Not a chance... quit the game almost 3 years ago now. Will never resub. The last 2 times I did resub I lasted a month at expansions at the time I lasted a month for the drudgery of bots arrived with the zones being mapped and started making the grind more annoying.
    Visit the Chronicles of Elyria official site and the Official Wiki... an upcoming MMO from Soulbound Studios with real consequences to your actions.
    Finite Resources, WYSIWYG looting to player created and maintained maps and a deep modular crafting system. So much more that hasn't been said, ask questions! Post your thoughts! Spread the word of COE!

If you haven't yet, register with my referrer code on the official website: B0E240
  • SalvadorbardSalvadorbard Member UncommonPosts: 100
    I keep going back once or twice a year, sinking a few weeks into grinding for PVP gear then realising by the time I've gotten it that I'm bored again. Yet it's a cycle I cannot break!
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    I'd play it for free but no interest in paying a monthly.
  • ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194
    Krimzin said:

If Blizzard committed to:
    No less than 1 true expansion per year..
    No less than 1-2 additional DLC per year.
    1 new class or hero class every 2 years.

I've played since launch. Quit a million times.. re-subbed usually within 6 months.

I will typically quit if a new game catches my attention, but always seem to return.

For me, if they kept content fresh I would continue to play.. no question.

For me is not about content at all, it is about mechanics.
    If Blizzard reverts WoW to Vanilla standards I will resubscribe in a heartbeat.
    Everything was better, PvE more challenging even Open World PvP was fun.

Or at least they should make a Classic server with old mechanics, I bet it would be a hit.

• GreteldaGretelda Member UncommonPosts: 359
    edited December 2015
    as if i care about classes etc. i started playing Blizzard games cause i liked strategy games then i enjoyed their story that peaked with Warcraft 3. so naturally i followed them in WoW as well. i could have easily stick with Everquest 2 at the time i couldn't let go of Warcraft's IP.

obviously they had to ruin the story cause that's the nature of MMO (hard to make story for) but until the end of WOTLK it was still enjoyable. then i couldn't care less for anything afterwards. they just basically misused all their iconic characters, which is why they are bringing them back one after another.

i am very tempted to get back into the game more than ever thanks to the Illidari's right now, but i don't want to pay for Warlords of Draenor + Legion + Subscription all together so i won't. (yea i know there is/was a sale it still doesn't fix my problem completely. it feels games keep punishing you for being a loyal fan and i don't support that)

my top MMOs: UO,DAOC,WoW,GW2

most of my posts are just my opinions they are not facts,it is the same for you too.