Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMORPG.com : General : MMOFTW - Black Desert Heads to Closed Beta

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited December 2015 in Videos Discussion

imageMMORPG.com : General : MMOFTW - Black Desert Heads to Closed Beta

Free MMORPG List and MMO Games at MMORPG.com

Read the full story here

Comments

• WicoaWicoa Member UncommonPosts: 1,637
    edited December 2015
    Duration: 6:10
    Views: 1
    I am news fan no.1, I swear that my saturday nights used to be more interesting!
    Post edited by Wicoa on
  • KiyorisKiyoris Member RarePosts: 2,130
    edited December 2015
    Well, half the people have already played it for months on foreign servers.

It's an action MMO that is fun for casual players who like to solo a lot, but it's not any fun if you're into trinity , grouping or raiding. The game is incredibly easy and lacks any real endgame. Gender locks are stupid too. Many run of the mill questing that are boring.

Another thing why I won't play it, is that while the cash shop now includes dye, hair styles, costumes, pet, furniture, etc....this system looks incredibly like Vindictus...and Vindictus is also korean and started out like that too...and it didn't take long to start to see enchants and powerful pets etc. It's only a matter of time before this turns into a power cash shop.
    Post edited by Kiyoris on
  • Sector13Sector13 Member UncommonPosts: 784
    edited December 2015
    Kiyoris said:

Another thing why I won't play it, is that while the cash shop now includes dye, hair styles, costumes, pet, furniture, etc....this system looks incredibly like Vindictus...and Vindictus is also korean and started out like that too...and it didn't take long to start to see enchants and powerful pets etc. It's only a matter of time before this turns into a power cash shop.

It took vindictus years to add those cash shop items. Took like 2 years to add enchants and 3 or 4 to add pets to the shop. Which is more then most people stick to a free to play game. Black Desert has switched to a B2P model unlike Vindictus which is F2P, so donno why you're comparing them besides being Korean and action combat based? which are being published by completely different companies.
  • AlomarAlomar Member RarePosts: 1,299
    ZOS just getting desperate, there's dozens of ways that $1 mill could be spent to actually improve their game or hire the people capable of doing so with it if they can't. Yeah there will be one lucky dude, but as a longtime subscriber and purchaser of the Imperial Edition in Beta I didn't want my money going to another player 2 years later rather than improving the game itself, did you?

I'm hyped for the NA/EU BDO Closed Beta, I don't expect it to be the new WoW. Yet, I need a AAA sandbox to keep me busy for a while until CU rolls in.
    Haxus Council Member
    21  year MMO veteran 
    PvP Raid Leader 
    Lover of The Witcher & CD Projekt Red
  • RaquisRaquis Member RarePosts: 1,029
    black desert is not coming to south africa,lol.
    you can stick it where the sun dont shine.
  • MensurMensur Member EpicPosts: 1,515
    Not the best MMOFTW but thanks anyway!

mmorpg junkie since 1999

• ThebeastttThebeasttt Member RarePosts: 1,130
    You only need two reasons to not play TESO:

1. It's nothing like Elder Scrolls

2. They have to pay YOU to play it
  • AylindelAylindel Member UncommonPosts: 22
    I cant wait to play black desert
  • erwhinflerwhinfl Member UncommonPosts: 6
    Your country is restricted from accessing our service.
    Please check the Terms of Service for the details about our Service Territory. If you live within our Service Territory but you are blocked, please contact our Customer Support. Thank you for your understanding.
    T_T :-O
  • spot77spot77 Member UncommonPosts: 18
    edited December 2015
    this is my merry christmas edit.. yw
    Post edited by spot77 on
  • josko9josko9 Member RarePosts: 577
    edited December 2015

This topic is not even about ESO, and seems people can't seem to stop thinking about it.

1. ESO is TES, way more than Skyrim for a fact. It feels like Morrowind/Oblivion.
    2. God forbid them give a great reward to one of the players, they aren't paying anyone to play. After all ESO has millions of players on each platform.

Lastly if this is because BDO is supposedly a competitor to ESO, I hate to disappoint you, but don't bother..BDO will have a hard time staying as B2P in the West..
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,014
    edited December 2015
    josko9 said:

This topic is not even about ESO, and seems people can't seem to stop thinking about it.

1. ESO is TES, way more than Skyrim for a fact. It feels like Morrowind/Oblivion.
    2. God forbid them give a great reward to one of the players, they aren't paying anyone to play. After all ESO has million of players on all platforms.

Lastly if this is because BDO is supposedly a competitor to ESO, I hate to disappoint you, but don't bother..BDO will have a hard time staying as B2P in the West..
    Well, "no" it is not like Morrowind or Oblvion. I've played those games for years (and still play Morrowind). This is not to say it's not "TES" because if they say it's "TES" then it is.

The second point of "Thebeasttt" is sounds like bitter grapes. It's a special Marketing event and does not constitute to paying players.

And more "on topic" I look forward to the Black Desert beta. 
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo