Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Final Round of Planned Server Merges to Begin Tomorrow | WildStar | MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited December 2015 in News & Features Discussion

imageFinal Round of Planned Server Merges to Begin Tomorrow | WildStar | MMORPG.com

The WildStar team has posted a note to players on Entity, Entity-2, Jabbit and Jabbit-2 that tomorrow, Wednesday, December 9th at 4:00 am Pacific / 7:00 am Eastern, servers will be down for regularly scheduled maintenance. During this time, the aforementioned servers will be merged as the final cluster in the planned mergers that began in November.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• tenfootgoatman123tenfootgoatman123 Member UncommonPosts: 53
    Just wondering how good the population is on the NA pvp server ? I'm playing on the EU one at the moment just wondering if NA might be more busy .
  • AlverantAlverant Member RarePosts: 1,320
    Good. I wish CoH did a server merge. All but a few servers were really active. Maybe it would have saved enough money to keep it going a few more months.
  • ApridiseApridise Member UncommonPosts: 72
    tenfootgoatman123 said:
    Just wondering how good the population is on the NA pvp server ? I'm playing on the EU one at the moment just wondering if NA might be more busy .

The NA server is pretty dead, most people have moved on to the PVE server.
  • TarbloodTarblood Member UncommonPosts: 98
    Sorry, I've been under a rock due to a high amount of college courses this semester. That excuse made, the last news I heard about Wildstar was F2P and a HUGE amount of influx causing a ton of new servers to crop up.

Did the game really die twice?!

RAWR

• Siris23Siris23 Member UncommonPosts: 388
    Tarblood said:
    Sorry, I've been under a rock due to a high amount of college courses this semester. That excuse made, the last news I heard about Wildstar was F2P and a HUGE amount of influx causing a ton of new servers to crop up.

Did the game really die twice?!

The servers they're getting rid of were never intended to be permanent, that's why they were called Entity-2 and Jabbit-2
  • renegeedrenegeed Member UncommonPosts: 55
    Players won't notice a thing, names were shared on both Jabbit-1 and Jabbit-2 for example, and if you couldn't wait you already had the option to transfer for free between servers.
  • SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    So this marks the end of the current round of server merges ?

I wonder how long it will take before the next round of server merges starts ?
  • ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092
    SpottyGekko said:

No next round of merges because after this is done there are only 2 (mega)servers left per region - one PvE and one PvP. I seriously doubt that NC will merge US and EU servers, because all other games they have published have distinctive US and EU (or time-zone dependent) servers.
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Reizla said:
    SpottyGekko said:

No next round of merges because after this is done there are only 2 (mega)servers left per region - one PvE and one PvP. I seriously doubt that NC will merge US and EU servers, because all other games they have published have distinctive US and EU (or time-zone dependent) servers.
    At least with this the servers are unlikely to be completely empty, unfortunately its for just such a circumstance that NCSoft find themselves in with Wildstar, that megaservers were designed, its unlikely but not impossible however, that consolidating both NA and EU megaservers could take place.
  • gwei1984gwei1984 Member UncommonPosts: 413
    SpottyGekko said:

The next step will be switching off the PVP servers and merging them with the PVE ones, because unfortunately both are pretty much dead by now. Then WS will be left with 2 PVE Servers on the whole world, both quite decently packed. But as it seems now, there is no real need to pay anything in its F2P mode, so I cant think of any way WS is making money with so less players left.

Hodor!

• orbitxoorbitxo Member RarePosts: 1,956
    edited December 2015
    But as it seems now, there is no real need to pay anything in its F2P mode, so I cant think of any way WS is making money with so less players left.

that my friend is very subjective.

although many do feel as you do- there are a bunch of us who actually kept the sub and like whats in the shop and have the funds to spend in the game - to carry guys like you to enjoy the current f2p game...

you're welcome!

;)
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    For the good of the  industry, shut it down. 
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • ButeoRegalisButeoRegalis Member UncommonPosts: 594
    bcbully said:

Yea, shut it down! This game is diverting from the WoW-ship all must follow. By now, Blizz will have copied anything innovative, so it's time to shut down another MMO that tried to do something different.

• azurreiazurrei Member UncommonPosts: 332
    edited December 2015
    I give poor old WS 6-12 months of life left - they didn't do enough things right in the F2P conversion to save it in the long run, imo. This game has a lot of fun / interesting ideas that are overshadowed by ridiculously dumb design decisions for some parts of the game and/or poor implementation. A good example - No matter how many times they have changed the Rune system, it is still god awful and confusing for a large part of the player base.
  • jesteralwaysjesteralways Member RarePosts: 2,560
    edited December 2015
    bcbully said:

Yea, shut it down! This game is diverting from the WoW-ship all must follow. By now, Blizz will have copied anything innovative, so it's time to shut down another MMO that tried to do something different.
    Cough..cough..innovative...cough..ehhmm..half of the "innovation" in WS were copy pasted from cheap chinese and korean mmorpg...

Boobs are LIFE, Boobs are LOVE, Boobs are JUSTICE, Boobs are mankind's HOPES and DREAMS. People who complain about boobs have lost their humanity.

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    bcbully said:

Except it didn't try to be different, Wildstar pretty much tried to be WoW, it wasn't as good, it tried to have a combat system better than GW2's, another fail, all they managed to do was make those other games look better.
    Perhaps if the game really had tried to be something different, it might have had more success. You can't just Xerox your way to success with MMO's these days, not unless your going to significantly improve on the original, and Wildstar hadn't.