Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How much did you spend on Pathfinder Online?

kikoodutroa8kikoodutroa8 Member RarePosts: 565
Was it worth it?

Comments

• mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430
    I went ahead for a small package (I don't remember which).  It wasn't worth it for me.  It felt very... clunky to me.  It will need some polish before I venture back.

I self identify as a monkey.

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983
    I spent $245 or so but had a total of 4 accts.  gave one away and flipped 3 for something around $900 total.  Some fans were pumping the game and hyping "MAX XP FROM DAY ONE" (because the game has a subscription time based XP progression).  I took advantage of that hype and turned a nice profit. But I was always open and honest about my impression of the game.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• wmmarcellinowmmarcellino Member UncommonPosts: 94
    I spent $166 in the Kickstarter for two DT accounts, and then I guess another $30x5 in sub fees.  I don't know if it has been worth it--on the one hand, this is the longest I've played an MMO in a while, and I really was involved and cared.  So in terms of logging in, doing stuff, interacting with people, it the beats the heck out of trying themeparks for a month and being like "Oh God I'm killing rats again."  But then again the social stakes that made this reasonably engaging was predicated on trying to build up a settlement over a long (years) time.  If the servers get shut down in a month, then it was a lot less of a value.

Do the RIGHT THING: come be a Paladin with us! http://ozemsvigil.guildlaunch.com/

• PainlezzPainlezz Member UncommonPosts: 646
    I really cannot understand or comprehend why people have so many accounts on these games...  

If the game is easy/boring enough to play multiple accounts at the same time then something is really wrong with it in the first place...

Reminds me of DAOC back in the day watching full groups flying around all run by the same person... Having to pay for multiple accounts so you could have an AFK buff bot or speed bot.  Great examples of fail game design.  Shouldn't make classes that no one wants to play but are needed in order to compete.  *sigh*
  • AudoucetAudoucet Member UncommonPosts: 69
    1600$. Just for 1 account.
    I bought them in hopes of giving them to friends.  As mentioned, the game was based on a time-gated XP path.  So if you joined a year later you literally could NEVER catch up in XP.   The idea was to give them to friends if the game was good because there was no way they would join a game and be a year behind everyone else in an open world PvP game with looting and territory control.

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

Audoucet said:
    I hope you offloaded it and got SOMETHING back...

• AudoucetAudoucet Member UncommonPosts: 69
    Audoucet said:
    I hope you offloaded it and got SOMETHING back...
    I offered it to Cheatle, and didn't even get a thank you.
  • ThodThod Member UncommonPosts: 14
    Needed to check this one before I posted:  $675 - $500 of that amount for a crowdforger guild account - some for the special book - the rest for some extras. I sold one account for $80 very early (likely could have got a lot more if I wanted) as I never intended to play that many. The other accounts are used in the family or for the settlement.
    Some extra since as I'm now paying each month. The KS got me the opportunity to take part in the landrush, become a settlement leader, play on a nearly daily basis since August 2014 when I was given early access to alpha as a settlement leader.
    My son plays semi-regular one of the accounts. One account is shared by my wife and daughter and played only occasionally.
    I certainly paid < $1 per hour that I played - not counting extra hours my son played or some of the family did as I sponsor them and they wouldn't be here without me.

Was it worth it - definitely for me.

There are issues with the game - but there are also aspects that can get you hooked - especially if you play on the settlement level.
  • DeianiraDeianira Member UncommonPosts: 5
    About $1800, but that's spread around a lot.  $500 is the Hellknights' Most Wanted reward (custom avatar on the Paizo forum, wanted poster included in the Emerald Spire pdf, so very well worth it to me to have Deianira Sunstorm included in official Pathfinder RPG encounter tables).  $500 for the guild, the cost split between five core people, and the remainder in various add-ons and a couple of extra accounts.
  • Zarkin86Zarkin86 Member UncommonPosts: 122
    spending so much money on one kickstarter game? that lives on proimises? that looks like 1997? whats wrong with you guys? lol
  • CryptorCryptor Member UncommonPosts: 523
    So what happens now with all those pledges?  Is the game going to come out after all ?  man, I am so happy I decided to pass on this one.  I went for Camelot Unchained and Repopulation instead and could not be happier.
  • ThodThod Member UncommonPosts: 14
    @Deianira - great to see you around - drop me a message and I can comment on your other post.
  • psiicpsiic Member RarePosts: 1,640
    PT Barnum called it...

• Scott23Scott23 Member UncommonPosts: 293
    I think I spent $100, but I got a lot of Pathfinder PnP pdfs (somewhere around 30 or 40 if I remember correctly) so I don't feel like I was ripped off.  I never played as I was waiting for a minimum viable product (by my definition) before starting...
  • Scott23Scott23 Member UncommonPosts: 293
    But Pathfinder is the ugly side of Kickstart / crowdfunding, it sounded like a great idea if it had worked, but something didn't work.... :( Just reading all the reviews it seems like Goblinworks deviated from the pencil-and-paper version of Pathfinder to the point of being unrecognizable. I still don't get why fanboi's were hyping this game.... :(
    In their defense - they never claimed that PFO would be anything like the table top game.  I knew that going in and I knew that there was only a 20% chance that I would ever play it.

• DeianiraDeianira Member UncommonPosts: 5
    Thod said:
    @Deianira - great to see you around - drop me a message and I can comment on your other post.
    ~waves~
  • DaikuruDaikuru Member RarePosts: 797
    Never heard of it, so 0.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

- Albert Einstein

• BluddwolfBluddwolf Member UncommonPosts: 355
    I spent $400, disposable income.  I spent about $1200 total in kickstarters, alpha access, and other games in that same time frame.  

I still have 15 months of prepaid time which I paid a but less than $8.00 per month for.  

Played: E&B, SWG, Eve, WoW, COH, WAR, POTBS, AOC, LOTRO, AUTO.A, AO, FE, TR, WWII, MWO, TSW, SWTOR, GW2, NWO, WoP, RUST, LIF, SOA, MORTAL, DFUW, AA, TF, PFO, ALBO, and many many others....

• Good_ApolloGood_Apollo Member UncommonPosts: 55
    Painlezz said:
    I really cannot understand or comprehend why people have so many accounts on these games...  

If the game is easy/boring enough to play multiple accounts at the same time then something is really wrong with it in the first place...

Reminds me of DAOC back in the day watching full groups flying around all run by the same person... Having to pay for multiple accounts so you could have an AFK buff bot or speed bot.  Great examples of fail game design.  Shouldn't make classes that no one wants to play but are needed in order to compete.  *sigh*
    Really couldn't disagree more, especially regarding your final sentence. MMO design would benefit from going back towards a broadened class role system more akin to what games like EQ had way back in. Trinity + meaningful support class (Shaman, Enchanter, etc). This overly homogenized nonsense that is now commonplace in MMOs is really off putting.
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    I didn't know this game had released already.

I find it funny how some people here complain that F2P mmos are a total cash grab and how p2p are cheaper yet they go out of their way and happily accept the same cash grab scheme here, on top of paying a subscription.

• Xeen88Xeen88 Member UncommonPosts: 12
    $600.00  Well worth it... as I sold off all my accounts for more than I paid.
  • vanderghastvanderghast Member UncommonPosts: 309
    This thread is kind of an IQ test i guess.
  • Xeen88Xeen88 Member UncommonPosts: 12
    This thread is kind of an IQ test i guess.
    LOL

Yeah, once I got the feeling it was going to go bad, bam... all sold off. But I guess I should have stated that the original money spent was with friends. We each had an account, 7 accounts at about $85 each. All double character accounts... 

But in the end I had about $1000 back to spread between us all.