Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Check out Wild's End -- screenshots and video!

AraduneAradune Sigil Games CEOMember RarePosts: 294
Check out Wild's End!!!

--

--------------------------------------------------------------
Brad McQuaid
CCO, Visionary Realms, Inc.
www.pantheonmmo.com

Comments

• theprophet85theprophet85 Member UncommonPosts: 19
    When can I has? !! Looks beautiful
  • ElmberryElmberry Member UncommonPosts: 195
    edited December 2015
    Thanks Brad and the team who have done this trailer. The environment looks fantastic. I get a Skyrim feeling when I look at the movie, but with much better graphic. The music is also very suitable and good. Once again the game looks fantastic. :)

Thanks for sharing this awesome trailer with us. :)

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• AraduneAradune Sigil Games CEOMember RarePosts: 294
    Elmberry said:
    Thanks Brad and the team who have done this trailer. The environment looks fantastic. I get a Skyrim feeling when I look at the movie, but with much better graphic. The music is also very suitable and good. Once again the game looks fantastic. :)

Minor things:
    During night time it could be much darker even outdoors, but I think you guys have said that it will be pitch black in dungeons (at least I hope so). I have not seen so many larger zones either so far (since february). I hope we will soon see some or that you work on it.
    Yes, dungeons will usually be very dark.  Some outside areas will also be very dark.  But not everywhere outside will be super dark because then it just turns into a hassle to navigate around the world.... 

Additionally, there will be magical climates of absolute darkness in the depths of dungeons and other adventure areas that you will have to counter with special spells and items!

--

Brad McQuaid
    CCO, Visionary Realms, Inc.
    www.pantheonmmo.com

• MontreseurMontreseur Member UncommonPosts: 10
    Elmberry said:

Minor things:
    During night time it could be much darker even outdoors, but I think you guys have said that it will be pitch black in dungeons (at least I hope so).
    Just a heads up, that area in the night is lit by some light sources, as it leads towards the city. Wilderness with no natural light sources are perfectly dark :).
    Environment Artist - Pantheonmmo.com
  • ScummScumm Member UncommonPosts: 78
    edited December 2015
    Looks great!  I usually roll a Wood Elf Ranger, but I'm thinking a Halfling may be the more appropriate race in Pantheon.  Guess I'll have to wait and see what the Elvish city looks like in the January update ;) 

Just want to add that I'm really enjoying the lore.  The zone descriptions are inventive and pretty mysterious.  Can't wait to check them out.
    Aradune said:
    Elmberry said:

Minor things:
    During night time it could be much darker even outdoors, but I think you guys have said that it will be pitch black in dungeons (at least I hope so). I have not seen so many larger zones either so far (since february). I hope we will soon see some or that you work on it.
    Yes, dungeons will usually be very dark.  Some outside areas will also be very dark.  But not everywhere outside will be super dark because then it just turns into a hassle to navigate around the world.... 

Additionally, there will be magical climates of absolute darkness in the depths of dungeons and other adventure areas that you will have to counter with special spells and items!
    That sounds great. :)

Elmberry said:

Minor things:
    During night time it could be much darker even outdoors, but I think you guys have said that it will be pitch black in dungeons (at least I hope so).
    Just a heads up, that area in the night is lit by some light sources, as it leads towards the city. Wilderness with no natural light sources are perfectly dark :).
    Exactly what I wanted to hear. Thanks. :)
  • graverobbergraverobber Member UncommonPosts: 25
    Lovely, cant wait til we see the actual races in those screen shots/videos B)
  • StormsoneStormsone Member UncommonPosts: 83
    The animation on the grass could be more subtle but that is somewhat subjective I guess. I like the art style for this game overall.
  • SinistSinist Member RarePosts: 1,369
    Elmberry said:

Minor things:

Excellent!!! Good work!
    Aradune said:
    Elmberry said:

Minor things:

That works, even EQ wasn't pitch black in every zone, so that fits right in with that progression. I also like the game play implementation of dark as you describe.
  • FdzzaiglFdzzaigl Member UncommonPosts: 2,433
    I like the verticality of the zone. Can't wait to venture there and see a lot of those starting halflings making little craters in the ground.

Feel free to use my referral link for SW:TOR if you want to test out the game. You'll get some special unlocks!

Fdzzaigl said:
    I like the verticality of the zone. Can't wait to venture there and see a lot of those starting halflings making little craters in the ground.
    Or falling off of those paths and dying! *chuckle*

I am getting a whole Kelethin vibe from some of that.

Please do not idiot proof the paths, people should die if they fall off, just like we did in EQ.
  • MontreseurMontreseur Member UncommonPosts: 10
    Sinist said:
    Fdzzaigl said:

Please do not idiot proof the paths, people should die if they fall off, just like we did in EQ.
    Consider yourself dead my friend.
    Environment Artist - Pantheonmmo.com
    Sinist said:
    Fdzzaigl said:

Consider yourself dead my friend.
    Excellent!! Prepare for some proper !@#$!@#$!# cursing of you guys when I do! Nothing says loving than a player hating on a dev for dying to one of their designs!
  • SinsaiSinsai Member UncommonPosts: 405
    Absolutely stunning!...Great job,keep it up :)
  • carotidcarotid Member UncommonPosts: 425
    The lighting from the crystals bouncing of the trees, beautiful.

The paths from tree to tree, glad to see it's not wooden planks.

The stone path, I like how there are structures on the sides. Makes me want to walk and just absorb the environment.

You guys are doing a fabulous job!
  • AnthurAnthur Member UncommonPosts: 961
    Looks very nice but... not very "halflingish", more like a place whey I would expect some elves.
  • goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141
    Aradune said:
    Elmberry said:

Minor things:

Torches please !!!  Or just a nice light source around the player, nothing that lights the world, but just illuminates your tiny little place within it :)  Would add so much immersion.
  • goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141

Boy that looks fantastic, but could I make a suggestion, I would make the starting point for my fog effect not start at the players origin, that way if your in a close to a FPS view the immediate terrain around you say 10 to 15 feet is actually clear and detailed and everything beyond that point starts to fade off into fog.   I would start it out far enough to have this bubble of clarity if your in a close up view but as you look out around you beyond 10 to 15 or 20 feet everything just kind of fogs out like in your screen shot.

Not being able to see any part of the zone in any sort of vibrant color or view kind of takes away from the work. Fog in its entirety isn't necessary beautiful.  Its what you uncover within it too. 

Ill just shut up now......

• CalmOceansCalmOceans Member UncommonPosts: 2,437
    edited December 2015
    The spiral staircase mobs can fall off from is something I enjoyed in EQ.

You have them in the Hive, Relic and Gyrospire. As long as you don't die from fall damage I enjoyed mobs falling off and training us. It was fun. Players falling off never caused us much issues, levitation prevented that for most players, I don't think just falling off and dying is any fun.

Not sure those staircase will be populated with mobs, but I'd enjoy a game where positioning matters again. EQ had fair pathing most of the time, if a mob fell off a staircase, it was caused by push, and players were to blame, the times that pathing bugs caused mobs to fall off, is when I hated EQ though.I don't mind complex zone geometry as long as pathing is fair to the player.
  • LtldoggLtldogg Member UncommonPosts: 282
    Looks great!  Keep it niche, group dependent and hardcore like old EQ!
  • AmsaiAmsai Member UncommonPosts: 299
    Great Stuff Brad!. Now when do I get to see more details on classes   /impatient

• BrenicsBrenics Member RarePosts: 1,939
    Elmberry said:

Exactly my thoughts. Damn it you are going to make me support it soon. Wish I wasn't on disability I could give more than the 15 a month. Be talking to you next month. New year could bring nice things in gaming, just wish the world could get better. 
    I'm not perfect but I'm always myself!

Star Citizen – The Extinction Level Event

4/13/15 > ELE has been updated look for 16-04-13.

http://www.dereksmart.org/2016/04/star-citizen-the-ele/

Enjoy and know the truth always comes to light!