Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Citizen Anniversary Sale

12346»

Comments

• aRtFuLThinGaRtFuLThinG Member UncommonPosts: 1,387
    Erillion said:
    Talonsin said:
     The ED business model generates new revenue with each expansion allowing them to continue moving forward. 

Unless I missed something but to my knowledge Star Citizen is going to be buy to play and will not require a sub.
    CIG plans to offer continued episodes of the SQ42 campaign - most likely in the typical DLC price range. CIG also talked about other planned solo player campaigns that have a non-military focus. But those are supposed to come after the three SQ 42 episodes  (everyone gets SQ 42 Episode 1, early backers also get SQ 42 Episode 2, while SQ 42 Episode 3 will have to be bought as DLC).

The PU is buy to play and will not require a sub.

That many ED players are not exactly happy with the ED business model can be seen in the ED subforum here on MMORPG.com

Have fun
    Actually if you look at the ED subforum's threads on this forum and compare with the SC subforum's thread side by side you do not see much complains about ED's business model at all. The complaints that it got mostly has not much to do with ED's business model or cost.

Also, the episodes for SQ42 campaign thing is not a good business model. Just look at SWTOR - how much complaining that they are getting about their business model being greedy. The 2 games that is more well known that does that (SWTOR and Defiance) fans don't see their business model as good aspect of the game.

I feel as though people in general prefer the value expansions that has substance and then just added "episodes" without some new things add to the features of the game itself.
  • Charlie.CheswickCharlie.Cheswick Member UncommonPosts: 469
    I've reported everyone for derailing this thread.  :p
    -Chuckles
  • bruevitzbruevitz Member UncommonPosts: 57
    The game is not even born yet, and they are having an anniversary sale, amuzing.

Its like celebrating your own birthday, but you are not born yet. In fact you are not celebrated, but its the anniversary of your dad and mom having sex.

Dad: Come people, lets celebrate my baby's birthday and join my party. Its $10 per head if you wish to attend.
    Neighbor 1: Congrats, when was it born?
    Mom: Oh no, don;t be silly, it still being conceived.
    Neighbor 2: Excuse me? if its not born yet, why are we celebrating its birthday?
    Dad: Oh no, we are celebrating the day our baby's being conceived.*wink* Come, there will be lots of beer.
    Neighbor 1: err...right. Sure, why not, I'm in.
    Neighbor 2: Beer? Me too.

*On the day of celebration*
    Dad: Thanks for coming people.
    Neighbor 1: Congrats...where's the beer?
    Mom: Don't be sily, I'm still pregnant. No Alcohol here.
    Neighbor 2: What?! but you said....
    Dad: Lets some videos, here's when me and my wife started the honeymoon which led to the conceivement of the baby. And here's the one where we....
    Neighbor 1: Excuse me. Where's the beer, you said there will be beer.
    Dad: We will have them when the baby is born. We will celebrate with lots of beer.
    Neighbor 2: And when is the baby due?
    Mom: Well, we're taking our time to make sure the baby's is born healthy.
    Neighbor 2: Sure. And when its that?
    Dad: When its due of course....
    Neighbor 1: ....seriously.

• BrenicsBrenics Member RarePosts: 1,939
    bruevitz said:
    The game is not even born yet, and they are having an anniversary sale, amuzing.

Its like celebrating your own birthday, but you are not born yet. In fact you are not celebrated, but its the anniversary of your dad and mom having sex.

Dad: Come people, lets celebrate my baby's birthday and join my party. Its $10 per head if you wish to attend.
    Neighbor 2: Excuse me? if its not born yet, why are we celebrating its birthday?
    Dad: Oh no, we are celebrating the day our baby's being conceived.*wink* Come, there will be lots of beer.

Dad: Lets some videos, here's when me and my wife started the honeymoon which led to the conceivement of the baby. And here's the one where we....
    Dad: We will have them when the baby is born. We will celebrate with lots of beer.

You hit the nail on the head, great post! 
    I'm not perfect but I'm always myself!

Star Citizen – The Extinction Level Event

4/13/15 > ELE has been updated look for 16-04-13.

http://www.dereksmart.org/2016/04/star-citizen-the-ele/

Enjoy and know the truth always comes to light!

• CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    Brenics said:
    bruevitz said:

That's so Internets. 

Obscure analogy that supports my agenda, BRILLIANT!! Any other analogy, completely irrelevant. 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    CrazKanuk said:
    Brenics said:
    bruevitz said:

That's so Internets. 

Obscure analogy that supports my agenda, BRILLIANT!! Any other analogy, completely irrelevant. 
    Analogies are great for teaching. They suck for arguments. Never use them to be critical unless it's bulletproof. Which almost never are.
  • Turrican187Turrican187 Member UncommonPosts: 787
    bruevitz said:

I like to buy some of the Baby pictures, just draw it on a tissue I pay you 100$ for it, and another 100$ if you paint it blue.

Cheers

When you have cake, it is not the cake that creates the most magnificent of experiences, but it is the emotions attached to it.
    The cake is a lie.

• snicolsnicol Member UncommonPosts: 55
    Damn it! I came here to the end to post the whole baby not even born birthday thoughts....you beat me to the punch you clever llama you ...nice work eh
  • cerulean2012cerulean2012 Member UncommonPosts: 492
    So, it is an anniversary sale of how long it has been since the game did not come out... Sounds about right to me.  CR must be getting low on money again.
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    edited December 2015
    No, it's Xmas everybody is having holiday sales and this is their's.  Next will be the big day after New Years sales.

Why they didn't just call it a holiday sale is beyond me.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• BurntvetBurntvet Member RarePosts: 3,465
    I am waiting for the "SC is a completed game" sale.

Until then, CIG/CR can go suck it.