Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What MMO Do You Want Remade? - General News

Comments

• JasonosJasonos Member UncommonPosts: 36
    SWG!!!!
  • MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387
    Guild Wars 2 with all brand new classes and replaced SPvP with a mid scale instanced PvP game mode similar to Battlegrounds/Warfront from other MMOs.

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• AldolieraAldoliera Member UncommonPosts: 30
    ESO or Wildstar combined in one game is a great idea as for me, I think this two games will complete one another in the most advantageous way. 
  • TarbloodTarblood Member UncommonPosts: 98
    Asheron's Call 1.

RAWR

• TweFojuTweFoju Member UncommonPosts: 1,235
    im so glad someone in this post mentioned "Vanguard"

it's always been a dream of mine that one day, some developer will do a remade of this wonderfully piece of MMO, it was the only MMO after Ragnarok that i had the most fun with, to the last day when the server are closing down, ahh.. the good sad memories.

So What Now?

• Oldtimer72Oldtimer72 Member UncommonPosts: 9
    SWTOR and FFXI for Xbox One.
  • ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092
    Rarius said:
    Lineage 2

Was thinking that as well, but there are ebough private servers out there AND L2Classic is starting soon as well. But honestly, I think if L2 would actually be remade, I wouldn't play it (hence my choice for Tabula Rasa)
  • lerwenlerwen Member UncommonPosts: 34
    EQ1 and DAoC

• azarhalazarhal Member RarePosts: 1,402
    Tarblood said:
    Asheron's Call 1.
    But with much better controls scheme please...
  • pupurunpupurun Member UncommonPosts: 561
    ''Age of Conan '' pre-''Shrines of Bori'' era. Without FUNCOM please. Just re-launch that client and fix as many bugs as possible. No extra content needed. You ll get tens thousands of players.
  • WaldoeWaldoe Member UncommonPosts: 642
    FFXI is an easy choice. They could do it is such a way that they roll it out as a progression server opening each expansion over time and then they could use that time to create new content. I personally think they would be able to get a lot of people back into it to make it worth while.
  • mrrshann618mrrshann618 Member UncommonPosts: 279
    edited December 2015
    Tabula Rasa for sure. It was promising and  I'm going to blame the whole Tit-for-tat between the two.

Earth and Beyond. There was something about it that I simply liked. Maybe it was the 3 exp bars, you could gain exp by simply helping people out or showing them around. The more  you helped in the group, the more you got.
    Play what you Like. I like SWOTR, Have a referral to get you going!
    -->  http://www.swtor.com/r/nBndbs  <--
    Several Unlocks and a few days game time to make the F2P considerably easier
  • CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    Tabula Rasa for sure. It was promising and  I'm going to blame the whole Tit-for-tat between the two.

Earth and Beyond. There was something about it that I simply liked. Maybe it was the 3 exp bars, you could gain exp by simply helping people out or showing them around. The more  you helped in the group, the more you got.

Ooooo, good one! I'll second TR. 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    FFXI the way it was till level 75 cap when it was the only mmorpg and no solo at all. 
    This ^

Abyssea spit in the face of anyone that leveled the old school way and had to have all their spells if they even wanted to get into a party to level. Ever since then its just been 1-cap in a day while going afk 90% of the time and not knowing jack about the class when its capped. But this should've already been known to end in failure when you allow access to people level 30+. Might've been less bad if the entry level was 75.
  • gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    None.

I could take a nostalgic view towards e.g. CoH but it didn't need remaking what it needed was more players or more correctly more income which in todays market translates into a robust business model.
  • DztBlkDztBlk Member UncommonPosts: 127
    City of Heroes
  • neuraneura Member UncommonPosts: 9
    Auto Assault

I still listen to the sound track with some frequency.

I'm pretty sure when they took the game down, the engine was re-used for Tabula Rasa shortly after.

Oh how I loved me some Auto Assault.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Auto_Assault
  • GrintchGrintch Member UncommonPosts: 132
    SWG!
  • OyjordOyjord Member UncommonPosts: 568
    DAoC
    Anarchy Online
  • knightsbayneknightsbayne Member UncommonPosts: 19
    SWG
  • AreteoAreteo Member UncommonPosts: 55
    Vanguard. With all the MMOs currently out there, there's nothing for me to play. They've all moved in a direction directly opposite the kind of game I enjoy.
  • RariusRarius Member CommonPosts: 10
    Lineage 1 :)
  • KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042
    None, MMO's are unoriginal enough already these days.
  • RhimeRhime Member UncommonPosts: 283
    Ultima Online with every feature it had(has), new features and with current standard 3rd person camera views.
  • Gaming.Rocks2Gaming.Rocks2 Member UncommonPosts: 531
    For me is The Secret World. I love many aspects of that game. I just couldn't make my piece with the combat and animations. Preferred if it was a sandbox and all about zone control and faction wars. I really believe they chose the wrong path for their MMO. What's the point of introducing 3 factions with such lore then we all just group together and kill monsters like one happy family. 
    Gaming Rocks next gen. community for last gen. gamers launching soon.