Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Turbine The worst game makers ever!!!!!!!

2»

Comments

• SlagggSlaggg Member Posts: 221

Originally posted by poobla

Originally posted by Slaggg

Couple of interesting comments there.
    I do find it intriguing that people would compare a game that hasn't even been released in Beta to another game by the same developers.  DDO and LOTRO are two vastly different styles of MMO.  DDO was made to represent the classic P & P RP games, which were heavily group and dungeon oriented, hence the mostly instanced world of DDO.  LOTRO is based on a huge world, which by all Dev accounts will be wide open and very explorable.  Those are the two biggest differences. 

I agree with you completely slaggg. DDO is a completely different style of MMO. Most of the bad comments about DDO come from the fact that its heavily instanced. And the fact that Turbine failed AC2 just means that they know how not to do a game nowimage

*nod*

If Turbine can stay out of the clutches of SOE, EA and the rest of the corporate hell-hole, they will continue to learn a better business model and continue to create a better product.  Both of which mean a better game-time for us.  A smaller business has more to lose sometimes, namely young mouths that need feeding and mortgages that need paying. 

Here's hoping that Turbine survives and provides.image

"First you wanna kill me, now you wanna kiss me...Blow."--Ash, "Army of Darkness"

• pooblapoobla Member Posts: 41
    With the somewhat shakey realese of DDO this past week, I am worried that LoTRO won't have such a good release. I think DDO was a good game, but unfinished. If it survives for another year than I'll check it out again. But I thinK LOTRO looks very promising(I like the instance system)
  • IbacaiIbacai Member Posts: 71

Well, DDO is a niche game and LotRO is for more of a broader audience. DDO will have a solid subscription rate but it won't ever touch WoW (But then again you don't need more the 250k subscribers to be successful). I think LotRO will have a much better launch, but that's just a guess.

I truley hope that turbine sees that putting crafting in LOTRO would please many people. I mean I personally dont craft much but come on. The dwarves were master smiths and LOTR practically invented making magical items. Just a thought.

I truley hope that turbine sees that putting crafting in LOTRO would please many people. I mean I personally dont craft much but come on. The dwarves were master smiths and LOTR practically invented making magical items. Just a thought.

• SlagggSlaggg Member Posts: 221

While this completely un-official still, I do have it on VERY good authority that there will be crafting in LOTRO.

"First you wanna kill me, now you wanna kiss me...Blow."--Ash, "Army of Darkness"