Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for a new game? You should really give WARFRAME a shot.

XophXoph Member UncommonPosts: 176
There's a pretty large update that just hit Warframe. If you've tried Warframe in the past and didn't like it, you should definitely give it another shot - the game has changed a ton and I mean it has really changed. I played it a couple years ago and I didn't like it. I just recently gave it a shot again and.... well, it's fucking amazing. I'm an extremely bad ass alien that destroys hordes of enemies with a sword and a bow. There are tons of guns and other weapons but I just enjoy the sword/bow combo. :)

It is the absolute best Free-to-Play game in existence (IMO) it is on par with Guild Wars 2. This game is very under rated, it should be way more popular than it is. It is a high quality game with very solid graphics and extremely fun, fast-paced gameplay. This is not a Dx9 game, it is a Dx10 / Dx11 game and it shows. It is optimized like a boss, the game runs smooth as a babies ass and the graphics are pretty damn solid. It is not Pay to Win, it is Pay to Look Like a Bad Ass Alien Space Ninja. You can make Plat (the market currency) by playing the game and selling drops for plat. You can play the entire game and access everything and not spend a penny - although I don't suggest that because Digital Extremes definitely deserves some of your money for making such a wonderful game and also for pumping out quality updates at a consistent rate. 

Go have a look at the game here on Twitch, watching it doesn't do it justice. You've gotta play it to appreciate it. If you're interested in trying the game, you can use this link to sign up and you'll receive some perks in-game, like a 7 day affinity booster which will allow you to rank up a bit quicker. I did not know about this when I first started playing and I wish I did. Certain things unlock with Mastery Rank and the quicker you get the first few ranks, the easier things are. This is the Wiki and it will become your best friend, it has everything you need to know and you will need to know a lot of things if you'd like to progress towards "end game" - which are raids that drop items that give your frame different procs. Also there are a lot of helpful people over at /r/Warframe who are great at explaining things if you need help. The go-to trading website for Warframe is Warframe.market, you can sell items you get in the game from drops for platinum currency (the market currency used to buy cosmetics, weapon/frame slots, colors, weapons, etc) I hope you give this game a shot because it really is a very good game and I strongly feel that it doesn't get the credit that it deserves.

Comments

• parpinparpin Member UncommonPosts: 220
    edited December 2015
    tried it, it is p2w game in my opinion because if you go for solo mission there are missions even story mission which are impossible to complete...and if you do it as group it depends whether you get some one with good weapons and warframe .. basically it force you to grind a lot i mean massive grind in order to level up and craft good weapon or obviously open your wallet anyways i am ok with 50 bucks because it is like you  bought the game but 50 is the money to just get at least one decent weapon or decent warframe basically 50 is starting money not all you need generally the same old f2p trick and traps...ill pass.
    ps: i did spend 10 euro on the game just to get blue print of a weapon and some of the matts i need to craft one weapon then i realized i need to spend another 20 euro to get or go through massive grind..and this is just one weapon(no upgrades) ..you got secondary weapon and you got warfarme and also there is companion and obviously you need to upgrade them all
    but yes it is called f2p and it is small download you do not believe me then download and see for yourself.
  • ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194
    @parpin

Disagree completely.
    Warframe is the least P2W game you could possibly play.
    You are playing it wrong.
    Warframe is a Multiplayer game, it is meant to be played in group.
    There is no levels, and apart for the very top tier Missions you are not required to wear anything more than your newby armor and weapon, so in theory you could play 80% of the game from the first day providing you unlock the zone you want to play (which is no difficult).

I played it for 6 months and I only spent money on some cosmetic items (no Stat Gear) because I felt so bad playing this amazing game for free, and really wanted to give devs something back.

I quit because I collected all the best gear in game (without spending a penny), and since the game is gear centric, after you do that, there is nothing much to do.
    I also noticed the end game revolved around MAG + MESA + FROST setup, with MESA shooting like a Turret, MAG collecting ammo and FROST putting up the shields to protect the group.
    It was a very static set up and no fun, devs need to change that shit.
    Apart from that, Warframe is the best hack' Slash FPS Co-Op multiplayer game ever made.

If you guys are bored, try it, it is a hell of fun.

• Leon1eLeon1e Member UncommonPosts: 791
    edited December 2015
    @parpin is wrong yep. Basically you can trade your drops with other players for platinum. Do voids, get prime blueprints and parts, sell for plat .... profit :) 

It is an amazing nice game. That is if you are into butchering hordes of space minions with a saber or an axe :P I personally rock the joint with rhino prime and scindo prime and i'm pretty badass when i start to spin to win :D As for ranged weapon im running with paris prime (bow). Some people call me wallet warrior but all i did was trading :c 
  • XophXoph Member UncommonPosts: 176
    parpin said:
    tried it, it is p2w game in my opinion because if you go for solo mission there are missions even story mission which are impossible to complete...and if you do it as group it depends whether you get some one with good weapons and warframe .. basically it force you to grind a lot i mean massive grind in order to level up and craft good weapon or obviously open your wallet anyways i am ok with 50 bucks because it is like you  bought the game but 50 is the money to just get at least one decent weapon or decent warframe basically 50 is starting money not all you need generally the same old f2p trick and traps...ill pass.
    ps: i did spend 10 euro on the game just to get blue print of a weapon and some of the matts i need to craft one weapon then i realized i need to spend another 20 euro to get or go through massive grind..and this is just one weapon(no upgrades) ..you got secondary weapon and you got warfarme and also there is companion and obviously you need to upgrade them all
    but yes it is called f2p and it is small download you do not believe me then download and see for yourself.
    It's not P2W at all... you have a very strange perception of what is considered pay to win. You're also spreading false information by saying $50 gets you one weapon... $50 can get you over 2000 platinum if you buy when you get a 50% discount (and these come around very often and it is advised to purchase during these discounts). 2000 platinum can go and very very long way, it can last years. You're not supposed to be spending plat on everything you see in the market. The only things you NEED to spend plat on is weapon and frame slots, even then you can make do without them and they are extremely cheap. You don't have to spend a single cent on anything in the game and you can access everything save a few (and I do mean very few) select skins. You are spreading false information. You can sell items you get from playing the game for plat... it has one of the best F2P models out there, it just simply requires you to play the game.

About missions being impossible to complete, well that would be a learn to play issue - I hate to say that but it's true. You need to level up your mods on your frame and your weapons... you need to actually play the game. it's people like you who give games a bad name by spreading false information and it's unfair the developers who work so hard on these games.

Go play Warframe and play up to the Second Dream quest and you will fall in love with this game. It's absolutely beautiful and the story could make an epic movie.
  • XophXoph Member UncommonPosts: 176
    DMKano said:
    Thanks for the post OP - had some good one liners in there that made me laugh.

My favorite

"I'm an extremely bad ass alien that destroys hordes of enemies with a sword and a bow"

also

"It is optimized like a boss"

Seriously tho, the aesthetics of the game are ridiculously cool. You can make your "character" look insanely bad ass. It has a very.. Tron-ish, EvE-ish kind of feel to it. You can use a gigantic 2 hand sword to mow thru hordes of enemies or you can use a 1 handed Katana type sword... or you can use a Bow and Arrow... or you can use 2H staff / pole type weapons, you can use some crazy futuristic guns/lasers along with some typical machine gun types. I've stuck mostly with a Bow and 1H sword so I can't comment much about the guns, yet.

About the optimization, the game just runs so smooth. I've got an old i7 2600k with a GTX 970 and the game is gorgeous and runs great. I personally haven't had any crashes or any type of game breaking bugs so far.
  • PalaPala Member UncommonPosts: 356
    I played the game and its definitely not P2W. I got bored because the game lacked challenge, I was in a survival mission at the hardest levels where we kept killing everything until our computers couldnt handle so many enemies on the screen, our computers died before we did. After that, for me, at least I could just grind things for the sake of variety but I already maxxed everything I wanted or needed. Came back when they introduced those dogs and then flight but all of it felt a bit gimmicky and not really like something that I liked. I liked the core game it just run out for me, I guess. 
  • parpinparpin Member UncommonPosts: 220
    edited December 2015
    @ste2000
    @Leon1e
    @xDarkjoy

i gave the game good chance and played it for nearly 3 weeks which is more than time many would give before they gave their opinion about game.
    firstly: there are several matts you need to craft a weapon and each planet gives certain matts and rare matts...before i could even go for crafting i had to do a massive grind of certain planets in order to get infuse card and those upgrade cards which you combine them to upgrade your stuff or obviously buy it from cash shop....died a lot both in solo mode and group  mode even there was mission where you had to protect an npc who ran mindlessly into horde of enemies...tried to get pass this mission with group and i got people with good weapon and warframe but still failed..it was frustrating due to npc running into horde mindlessly...there was 15 wave of enemies...and this is one of the earlier missions with low AI npc just simply frustrating. not L2P at all because npc is intentionally designed to force you to go for all those upgrades.

secondly: super repetitive...you get first set of planets and grind them over and over again to unlock second set

third: in order to level up you have challenge mission(i forgot what is it called) but it is also frustrating hard i could not do it up until i upgraded my warframe after spending  a week of grind playing 3-4 hours a day and that is just getting to basically level 2 BUT a rich guy with companion and good weapons and upgrade warfarme and he can do it in like few hours vs week of grind..that is pay to win in my book..and do not forget this early game play not even higher levels.

4th: massive cost of upgrade...you need infusion plus multiple numbers of cards to combine just to get one decent upgrade and you have several upgrade slots..again a rich guy get in maybe few hours of buying infusion from cash shop vs probably months of grind.

it is not false information it is my personal experience with the game after 3 weeks.
    yet again whom ever reading this and do not believe me..go ahead download it like i said it is small download and so called free to play, see for yourself .
    and ironically they say it is awesome game but we do not play it anymore because this or that.whatever it was it made you quite that is big con in my book.   
  • goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141

If pay2win to someone means spending even an dollar to play a game then its not pay2win.  However if you can spend an unlimited amount of money and for ever dollar spent it somehow makes your character better than mine could ever be in a practical manor, then I would call that P2W.

Practical to  me is not putting in 2000 hours of gameplay to achieve what you achieved in 2 mins by spending a pile of cash.

• Leon1eLeon1e Member UncommonPosts: 791
    @parpin I think your build is wrong mate. I'm sorry but I can't accept the fact that you died on the first or second planet(s) O_O I just can't. I can mow the whole place just in my melee weapon.

Make sure you have a stance on your melee weapon. And learn your combos with it. Without stances you would die very fast.

Also, consider getting higher shields. If you have a decent amount of shielding you should be a god.

Also I highly recommend starting with Excalibur as it is one of the most balanced warframes out there. The rest require some getting used to. With Excalibur you can just spam your way out of every shitty situation. (skills)

If you could get your hands on a rhino warframe it gets even sweeter. Second HP bar on 8 or so seconds cooldown + shields that are not touched until your 2nd HP bar is destroyed, but you can rebuff it after 8 seconds, and your shields regenerate while the enemies are banging on your second hp bar. It's crazy. The amount of survivability a rhino can have is off the charts.
  • Xorian7Xorian7 Member UncommonPosts: 212
    Oh god no thanks, it seemed cool at first but it gets reptitive way to quickly it would be better if I did not run into a big grind wall before I can unlock new warframes and the ability to play more like a caster.