Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Poll Now is the time to choose the best mmorpg right now.

Comments

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Hmm, you do have the 5 probably largest western MMOs and Eve... Which seems like a bit odd to me, if Eve is added then games like Tera, Rift, TSW and a bunch of others should have been there as well.

Anyways, currently I think GW2 is best but it is based on how all the games are right now. It is not the best ever.
  • ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194
    Well EvE is one of the largest MMO...........not sure what is odd about that.

httpwww3dnewsruassetsexternalillustrations20150325911536superdata20mmo-720jpg

• BlueScreenISUBlueScreenISU Member UncommonPosts: 10
    Voted "Other", because I do not consider any of those as the best. The best - of course - is my own developed MMORPG... even if it's still young *g* Before that, it had been Ragnarok Online.

http://www.I-SHOW-YOU.de/orbs/

Orbs features an open world where players are sent to explore, control and rule futuristic and mysterious zones in order to discover their secrets. 
    Players are not only fighting their way through the world, but are also in a permanent conflict and competition against each other.
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    ste2000 said:

Well its something of a shame that the 'data' is from Superdata, and is something of a 'guesstimate'. However, you do realise that those with an agenda against WoW etc. will disagree by default, because it shows the majority of the WoW playerbase being in the west, rather than the 'pay by the hour' Eastern playerbase. I would be very interested in Superdata's guesstimates for Blade and Soul, Black desert etc. When they eventually release in the west, as i have a feeling that Lineage and Aion are probably classic examples of those types of games.
  • AntiquatedAntiquated Member RarePosts: 1,415
    Having only played two of the games on that list, I don't feel I have a valid opinion to offer.
  • AeliousAelious Member RarePosts: 3,521
    I didn't vote based on my own preference, I don't play GW2 much, but from a mechanics standpoint has a lot of features that foster playing with others in the modern solo themepark model.
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,101
    I wanted to pick other but decided on FFXIV . It was fun and grouping was fun in it. The dungeon mechanics were enjoyable. I only left because it became a grind to get the weapon and armour but then what isn't a grind.
    Chamber of Chains
    ste2000 said:

But your graph also show several larger games not in the poll, the strange thing isn't that Eve is there but where the others are. TERa did have better revenues in the west in your graph.

Wow, GW2, ESO, TOR and FF XIV are the 5 games with most populariity in the west so they certainly should be on the list but if you add Eve I feel it would just be fair to add games like TERA and TSW as well.

Nothing against Eve, great game but I feel OP should have added 4 or so other games as well or just have gone with the top 5. And since the "other" alternative is so large he really should have added more to lower it. You can't add all games of course but several are pretty large just like Eve is.

Having only played two of the games on that list, I don't feel I have a valid opinion to offer.
    You still must have a favorite, few have played all MMOs after all. :) And maybe you should give some more of them a chance, most of them are free to try after all and you are missing out some things, any of them have it's own charm.
    Those polls always amuse me, because they invariably show one same thing: how far the posters here are from the real MMORPG playerbase.
    True, but the difference is that most people here probably play for more time then the average player and that do makes a pretty large difference. A game that is fun to play 3 hours a week might not be as fun to play 12 hours a week or more (in many cases here far more).
  • filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    Those polls always amuse me, because they invariably show one same thing: how far the posters here are from the real MMORPG playerbase.
    Yea diehard fanbois usually just stick to their game's forums only.  Here you have a mixture of people who play more then 1 mmo and are able to determine what a good quality is and not just the only mmo they every played and never quit playing.  If ESO is the only game I ever played then I would swear its the best in the world.  But if I have played over 10 mmorpg's and then claim  ESO is the best it is actually saying something.
    Are you onto something or just on something?
  • nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Those posts always amuse me, because they invariably show one same thing: how far some posters here think that "real" MMORPG players are special  and other players should like what they like. 
  • MaquiameMaquiame Member UncommonPosts: 1,073
    FFXIV is the best mmorpg out right now period.

Any mmo worth its salt should be like a good prostitute when it comes to its game world- One hell of a faker, and a damn good shaker!

• MaquiameMaquiame Member UncommonPosts: 1,073
    edited December 2015
    Maquiame said:
    FFXIV is the best mmorpg out right now period.
    That's why it's crushed in number of players by both WoW and GW2... ;)

Would you have said "best for me", I wouldn't have posted.
    Justin Beiber has an insane amount of fans. Your point? FFXIV as a game is a better game than WoW is right now, sorry.

And UO, SWG and EQ 1999 are better games than current WoW could ever wish to be. And mind you I enjoyed WoW up till Cataclysm.

"But WoW has more people playing it so obviously its better." - Fanboi logic

And McDonalds has more customers than Fatburger and Five Guys, its it better? I'd say no, hell McDonald's isn't even better than Wendy's.

And FFXIV is looking real Wendy's right now next to Wow's McDonalds.

Any mmo worth its salt should be like a good prostitute when it comes to its game world- One hell of a faker, and a damn good shaker!

• stio89stio89 Member UncommonPosts: 85
    Tbh I think all of the mmo's in the poll are ok, not great but ok (all about 6/10). I think they are all currently about neck and neck with no clear winner. I don't believe there has been a great mmorpg in the past 10 years, These days every mmorpg feel like just another generic rehash and as the years go on the focus seems to be more and more focused on the cash shops and less on the gamplay/content.

It feels like we have slipped into the dark age of mmo's.

I picked eso because I couldn't decide which I think is the best, they are all more or less the same.

I get most of my fun from sandbox mmo's and single player games atm.

We need to get back to vanilla wow, gw1, ultima online, everquest 1 days when mmo's where made with passion and designed to entertain us at a price a bit like an interactive movie instead of today's dev mindset about the most effective way to milk players dry.
  • ZoeMcCloskeyZoeMcCloskey Member UncommonPosts: 1,372
    Of that list I voted for FF14.  Sadly I only played it for about the first 2 or so months it was out.  Only one friend would even try it and the rest were like "we don't like FF" so I drifted away.  Still I found it quite fun and relaxing to play.  Had a slow easy pace compared to most games I play.

Not really an MMO but since trying Warframe I would have likely voted for it.  I have no idea their plans but I hope to see Warframe someday have missions with 10, 20 or more people in them.  Would be fun, imho.

• v_Vev_Ve Member UncommonPosts: 311
    edited December 2015
    Kiyoris said:
    Recore said:
    Black Desert please save us.
    jump off the hype train while you still can
    #Preach
    Recore said:
    Kiyoris said:
    Recore said:

No thanks,

Give me  open seamless worlds, politics, open pvp and territory control. I dont do WoW Clone Themeparks. I like real mmos. 
    Kiyoris said:
     Why are you anticipating Black Desert if you don't like themeparks?

Everything in Black Desert is quest oriented with markers all over the place, you even have an autopathing system to your quest NPC.

Black Desert is even more like a themepark than WoW.
    Cant agree more.

Kiyoris said:
    Recore said:
    Kiyoris said:
    Recore said:

No thanks,

Give me  open seamless worlds, politics, open pvp and territory control. I dont do WoW Clone Themeparks. I like real mmos. 
    Why are you anticipating Black Desert if you don't like themeparks?

Everything in Black Desert is quest oriented with markers all over the place, you even have an autopathing system to your quest NPC.

Black Desert is even more like a themepark than WoW.
    Recore said:

Everything is quest oriented? Then I must have played a different game when I was playing the Russian Version and playing the Western Alpha.

Quest? I think I stopped doing quest around level 5. 

But on the real, there are so many post in the Black Desert forum on this site explaining what makes it different. 

100's of vidoes on YouTube showing what makes it different. I think Hive Leader has done a couple on this site so if you see Black Desert as a WoW Clone then like Sovrath always says. " People see what they want to see "

#ItsOurTimeNow

And as as Thomas Gray said: "ignorance is bliss".

Witty & Wicked >:)

• v_Vev_Ve Member UncommonPosts: 311
    edited December 2015
    I voted for ESO. Everything else lacks in to many areas. I was on GW2 before I came to back ESO (played it in alpha, etc) but i'm glad I moved on from that heap. 

O, and with this latest news that ESO is coming out with Arena and Battlegrounds I feel its a wrap for everything else.

#GGThough

Witty & Wicked >:)

• mark2123mark2123 Member UncommonPosts: 450
    Heronn said:
    Every popular mmo has its merits so this discussion is not fruitful at all. Just another waste of seconds looking at a pointless thread.
    Looking was such a waste that you wasted even more time replying!
    filmoret said:
    Yea diehard fanbois usually just stick to their game's forums only.  Here you have a mixture of people who play more then 1 mmo and are able to determine what a good quality is and not just the only mmo they every played and never quit playing.  If ESO is the only game I ever played then I would swear its the best in the world.  But if I have played over 10 mmorpg's and then claim  ESO is the best it is actually saying something.
    You don't make much sense answering to my post with this "fanboi" crap. "diehard fanbois" who "stick to their game's forums" aren't any more representative of the global MMORPG player base than the people posting here.
    Some MMORPG developers have learned the hard way that to cater to that kind of posters who crusade here on MMORPG.com forums for "old school" and tedious gameplay is a sure recipe for failure.
    So basically you are saying people who visit this forum are ignorant bafoons who don't vote for WOW.  And I was saying you get real votes here without the fanbois because they usually just stick to their own forums without looking at forums like mmorpg.com.   I don't see how that was so confusing.
  • nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775

Not really an MMO but since trying Warframe I would have likely voted for it.  I have no idea their plans but I hope to see Warframe someday have missions with 10, 20 or more people in them.  Would be fun, imho.
    It is a MMOTPS by this site's classification. But the point is that even if people don't classify it as such, it is competing with MMOs.

In fact, those who abandoned MMOs (or MMORPGs) are probably playing other type of online games. This is another case that if the game is good (for Zoe in this case, subjectively), do people care if it is a MMO or not?
  • GruugGruug Member RarePosts: 1,791
    The "poll" should have also had a "None of the above". I don't think ANY mmo is worth voting for.

Let's party like it is 1863!

Gruug said:
    The "poll" should have also had a "None of the above". I don't think ANY mmo is worth voting for.
    So basically you don't like mmorpg's and since you don't like them then why the heck are you on mmorpg.com right now on the forums of people who enjoy and play mmorpgs?  Lets all go to a knitting forum and tell how much we hate knitting then expect people to respond to our superior intelligence.
  • DeathofsageDeathofsage Member UncommonPosts: 1,102
    Actually, there's a lot of truth to this.

I see alot of people in this thread that post A LOT on the forums (myself included). Posting that much means that you probably aren't playing too much. Most players rarely visit forums (official or fan-forums) and rarer still do they post.

We are the talking heads for the silent masses.

Spec'ing properly is a gateway drug.
    12 Million People have been meter spammed in heroics.

• skeaserskeaser Member RarePosts: 4,181
    ESO. Seriously massive world, buttloads of content, good crafting and server is bursting with players across all levels.
    Sig so that badges don't eat my posts.