Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chronicle: RuneScape Legends Beta with Ripper X

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited December 2015 in Videos Discussion

imageChronicle: RuneScape Legends Beta with Ripper X

In Chronicle: RuneScape Legends, players can choose from four iconic ‘Legends’ of RuneScape and use their crafted decks of cards to create adventures across five engaging chapters set in the world of Gielinor. A rival player across the board forges their own quests, before the battle-hardened characters take part in a duel for victory. Each Legend has its own characteristics and playing style, deepening the strategies and tactics players can use to secure success. The Chronicle close

Read the full story here

Comments

• HeretiqueHeretique Member RarePosts: 1,535
    why is this under CoR.
  • BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    Fixed. :)

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Interesting design with tons of potential.However it sure seems like everything is predetermined with exact numbers,meaning the developer totally manipulates your game leaving you with no real though process.
    I also get the feeling that once you get into tougher boards/battles you might need to buy gold to actually do well at the game.

It also seems like your strategy is not really strategy because you can't see what your opponent is going to do.I don't know how i would improve this design but seems good enough to wait for it and try it out.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• redripredrip MMORPG.COM Staff UncommonPosts: 224
    Wizardry said:
    Interesting design with tons of potential.However it sure seems like everything is predetermined with exact numbers,meaning the developer totally manipulates your game leaving you with no real though process.

I also get the feeling that once you get into tougher boards/battles you might need to buy gold to actually do well at the game.

It also seems like your strategy is not really strategy because you can't see what your opponent is going to do.I don't know how i would improve this design but seems good enough to wait for it and try it out.

Good points as always Wiz, personally I enjoyed the gameplay, but haven't played enough to really dive in yet. I do think there's some decent amount of strategy though, with over 200+ cards to play and a ranked mode, there should be some competitive elements and currently 4 legend classes in the game with more to come. Definitely a fresh take on the genre though, I will say the "Collector Section / Decklist" is pretty similar to Hearthstone but everything else is very unique and does represent the RuneScape Universe well.