Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cant decide to buy expansion.

filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
I'm mainly a WVW player and warrior is my favorite class.  Is the expansion going to give me anything as a warrior for WVW or is it just a waste of time?  I'm looking at it and cant decide if it will help me at all or make my character any stronger.  Things I'm looking for is better gear, better skills,  maybe that new class.
Are you onto something or just on something?

Comments

• Gaia_HunterGaia_Hunter Member UncommonPosts: 3,066
    Warrior is atm outshined by the revenant.
    But balance comes and go and revenant/herald are fun to play.

Berserker allows some fun play with rifles in WvW and condition in PvE/roaming.

If you played a frontline warrior in WvW you will most likely enjoy revenant/herald.

Currently playing: GW2
    Going cardboard starter kit: Ticket to ride, Pandemic, Carcassonne, Dominion, 7 Wonders

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    I found warrior elite skills really bad.  I thought it would be thief but thief did better then expected because he could stealth his way through a lot of problems.  Rev is so far the most powerful imo.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    As a warrior player myself.  I can tell you that the Rev is an awesome class.
  • TarbloodTarblood Member UncommonPosts: 98
    Just my thoughts; the expansion was not worth the price tag they put on it. Most of the stuff they added was ripped/removed from the core game and hidden behind a decent xp grind.

Then, after promising E specs not to be overpowered/required, of course they've become a meta in a game-mode they've now just decided to put a focus on.

Nerfing graphics for E-sports. Ignoring customers. No communication. Just terrible. Don't support this company until Mike O'Brian get's his crap together.

This coming from a cash-shop Whale and someone who LOVES gw2.

It's just a pity. I love the game. Played it tons. Still play it now, because I own HoT. Not worth the price.

Again, this just the opinion of a random dude on the internet.

RAWR

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Tarblood said:
    Just my thoughts; the expansion was not worth the price tag they put on it. Most of the stuff they added was ripped/removed from the core game and hidden behind a decent xp grind.

Then, after promising E specs not to be overpowered/required, of course they've become a meta in a game-mode they've now just decided to put a focus on.

Nerfing graphics for E-sports. Ignoring customers. No communication. Just terrible. Don't support this company until Mike O'Brian get's his crap together.

This coming from a cash-shop Whale and someone who LOVES gw2.

It's just a pity. I love the game. Played it tons. Still play it now, because I own HoT. Not worth the price.

Again, this just the opinion of a random dude on the internet.
    It really depends on what type ofd gameplay you like. The new expansion mis mainly large co-operative PvE focused.

For PvPers you get subclasses, revenant and mastery points, which is best in PvE but at least could have some use in WvW.And guildhalls & Guild Vs Guild. And yeah, I don't think it is worth it for PvPers either, if you also PvE it is worth it though.

There will be a supposedly large WvW update soon and I hope it will be good, WvW have fallen after the other gameplay now.
  • filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906

They changed the borderlands and its quite confusing.  Anyhow I got the expansion since I pour hundreds of hours in this game might as well see whats going on.  Doing the revnant thing oh man my 2 year birthday gifts for each character gives me 100% exp boosts for 24 hours each.  Really nice ill have 100% exp boost for revnant up to max level that should take 10 hours or so.

Are you onto something or just on something?