Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Crafting game

2»

Comments

• Quazal.AQuazal.A Member UncommonPosts: 859
    edited November 2015
    Jaldren said:
    Really Muke, this is not my definition of fun:
    http://i.imgur.com/wTCDCTr.jpg

I'm a softwaredeveloper, I need something milder to have fun with, not convoluted interfaces
    Whilst i cannot argue with if you like a game or not, the fact is EvE production is that in depth that its an almost full time job, you dont need anything techincal heck even the spreadsheets you can get for near free on forums / apps etc..
    I have about 4/5 spreadsheets (not just production) but the most complex thing they do is use if statements

on my production toons most of them have 0 combat skills and in fact 3 haven't undocked in roughly the last 18 months. They sit in station and do all the work via hauling contracts. I pay people to move mats and move my finished products.

I have not played any game with a production line like EvE (nb im not saying its best ever, as i haven't played all mmo but from personal its far and away the best) 

I wish you luck in your endevour, the closest other game would probably be FF14:Arr - merely because you can level crafting /gathering seperate from combat, however, you will need combat as the mats are only available in higher levels, so you have to do both wether you like it or not

This post is all my opinion, but I welcome debate on anything i have put, however, personal slander / name calling belongs in game where of course you're welcome to call me names im often found lounging about in EvE online.
    Use this code for 21days trial in eve online https://secure.eveonline.com/trial/?invc=d385aff2-794a-44a4-96f1-3967ccf6d720&action=buddy

• Sid_ViciousSid_Vicious Member RarePosts: 2,177
    since vanguard has shut down ive been looking for a crafting substitute but cannot seem to find one... I've found that everquest 2 has the funnest crafting but nobody really plays it anymore. Darkfall seems to be the most important game to craft in, but really want to chill with music on and play a game within a game instead of just line up all my resources and click on button. lotro im crafting in the most lately, and repopulation.. is there anything else that is maybe just as good as vanguard was??

NEWS FLASH! "A bank was robbed the other day and a man opened fire on the customers being held hostage. One customer zig-zag sprinted until he found cover. When questioned later he explained that he was a hardcore gamer and knew just what to do!" Download my music for free! I release several albums per month as part of project "Thee Untitled" . .. some video game music remixes and cover songs done with instruments in there as well! http://theeuntitled.bandcamp.com/ Check out my roleplaying blog, collection of fictional short stories, and fantasy series... updated on a blog for now until I am finished! https://childrenfromtheheavensbelow.blogspot.com/ Watch me game on occasion or make music... https://www.twitch.tv/spoontheeuntitled and subscribe! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvqULn678VrF3OasgnbsyA

• kaiser3282kaiser3282 Member UncommonPosts: 2,759
    As someone else mentioned, perhaps FF:XIV would be good for you. Crafting is not only important (some jobs more than others in end game) but also more fun than most other games. The act of crafting itself is like a little mini-game with various skills that have different effects on the quality and progress of your items, you can mix certain skills from each rafting class with others to improve your crafting capabilities.

Each crafting class also has unique equipment. Earlier on its just the tools that are unique, clothing is shared between them, but near end game you start getting into class specific clothes as well which can be pretty challenging to obtain but are often well worth it.

Each crafting class also has its own storyline to play through so it adds a bi of flavor to playing as crafter instead of just mindlessly grinding your craft.

All of this also applies to the gathering professions too, not just crafting.
  • ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092
    Kinda in the same boat as OP. I've played Lineage II for years because I loved the pretty deep crafting it had. Now (post-GoD) crafting is close to dead and I'm looking for a new game where crafting matters and is deep.
    From the ones mentioned in this thread:
    EQ2 - need a sub station pass (subscription) to sell stuff on market and honestly DBG is as bad as SOE was
    EVE - not an overly space fan. Loved to gather & craft, but...space...
    LotRo - lifefime account, craft was better in the past and honestly having played it for 5+ years, the game only got worst (and a cash grab as well)
    FF:XIV - nice game, but too much a grind and I can't really connect to the story

My hopes are for Black Desert which I've pre-ordered. But till it's released I'm looking for something to fill the gap though...
  • PhelimReaghPhelimReagh Member UncommonPosts: 682
    I apologize if this somehow hijacks the thread, but I'm looking for the same thing as the OP, but am willing to consider a PVP game where the PVP can be avoided.

For example, in Runescape many years ago, the PVP was fairly active, and it drove a great deal of the crafting markets because of item loss on death. However, 90% of the game and the players were to be found in the PVE part of the game, and rarely had any need to enter the PVP zone. Like most games, however, Runescape eventually upgraded much of the game's fun away.

I loved Project Gorgon in theory, just loathed that it's focus became inventory management and not playing the game.

Oh, and no card-based systems. I just don't git the appeal of those.

Thanks in advance, and if this is a hijacking, feel free to kick this post to the curb.

PS - No Eve.
  • Morgenes83Morgenes83 Member UncommonPosts: 286
    Necroing this topic again.  O.o

Well it seems (not only because of this thread) that many people are looking for the same.
    But unfortunately there isn't something out there atm, that isn't dead, totally outdated, overly complicated or something else.

What I'm searching for is something like:

-Vanguards world and crafting system
    -BDOs graphics and trading system (different prices for items in certain places)
    -MortalOnlines Skill&Attribute system (no classes, no levels, not to much grind) and item decay (and a bit of its crafting system: The possibilties to vary the outcome,  but not the material grind)
    -GW1s fight system
    -no fast travel  
    -different materials only available in certain regions of the game world

I know there isn't something out atm which doesn't apply to the no-go's stated above, but maybe let's gather upcoming games which MAY include most (perfectly all) of it,

What comes into my mind, which may include those points are:

-Chronicles of Elyria
    -EQ:Next
    -Pantheon

So my questions are:
    -Do those three offer most of it?
    -Are there other games on the horizon, which may offer something like that

1997 Meridian 59 'til 2019 ESO 

Waiting for Camelot Unchained & Pantheon

• CopperfieldCopperfield Member RarePosts: 654
    Jaldren said:

Hi! Looking for an MMO heavy on crafting (like Wurm, Tree of Life, Darkfall, SWG, etc) but with next to no PvP content. All I want is to spend my days crafting and harvesting, without having to worry about some random griefers or PK. Something relaxed, but with a deep and complex crafting system (something like Repopulation, but even more crafting-focused).

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

xyson is your m8

no other game fix your needs
  • Heffy424Heffy424 Member UncommonPosts: 524
    edited April 2016
    Gloria vicitus perhaps?
    Post edited by Heffy424 on

• SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    Jaldren said:

Hi! Looking for an MMO heavy on crafting (like Wurm, Tree of Life, Darkfall, SWG, etc) but with next to no PvP content. All I want is to spend my days crafting and harvesting, without having to worry about some random griefers or PK. Something relaxed, but with a deep and complex crafting system (something like Repopulation, but even more crafting-focused).

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

why not Wurm?

PvP in that game you have to explicitly join a server that has pvp

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me