Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How is Roma Victor coming along?

joejccva71joejccva71 Member UncommonPosts: 848

Just was curious as to the progress of RV. Haven't seen it for a while. Are they close to finishing the game? Is there still alot of micro-management to it? How are the graphics now, has Redbelam updated them and provided new screenshots?

Thanks.

Comments

• knightknifeknightknife Member Posts: 384

To tell you the truth, It has been a long time since I have heard anything about the game. I do not think they have stopped, but I doubt the game will come out any time soon. Not sure though

• KanothKanoth RedBedlam Comm. Mgr.Member Posts: 295

Originally posted by joejccva

Just was curious as to the progress of RV. Haven't seen it for a while. Are they close to finishing the game? Is there still alot of micro-management to it? How are the graphics now, has Redbelam updated them and provided new screenshots?
    Thanks.

We know where we are, and so far it looks like we can make our projected release date.  Might have to burn some mid-night/weekend oil...but that's not a change from what many of us have been doing for 5 years anyway.  image

"Rome wasn't coded in a day"
    - Kanoth

• Ferox(SM)Ferox(SM) Member Posts: 169

nobody, not even the devs, can truely predict when a game will come out.

bottom line is, its worth the wait... and if you want to try your hand at helping make it a great game, you can always pre order.

Think you have what it takes to take the 'Oath of the legion' and become a true soldier of Rome?
    Service guarantees citizenship!

• JorevJorev Member Posts: 1,500

Just say not to preorders.

Game companies don't deserve a penny until they release a finsihed polished product.

Remember Mourning?

"We feel gold selling and websites that promote it damage games like Vanguard and will do everything possible to combat it."
    Brad McQuaid
    Chairman & CEO, Sigil Games Online, Inc.
    Executive Producer, Vanguard: Saga of Heroes
    www.vanguardsoh

• Ferox(SM)Ferox(SM) Member Posts: 169

Originally posted by Jorev
    Game companies don't deserve a penny until they release a finsihed polished product.
    Remember Mourning?

I actually agree with that really... ive never pre ordered a mmorpg, and it would have to be something ive waited for for years and wanted badly to do so hehe.

it is the common thing these days in the mmo industry though.

Think you have what it takes to take the 'Oath of the legion' and become a true soldier of Rome?
    Service guarantees citizenship!

• KanothKanoth RedBedlam Comm. Mgr.Member Posts: 295

Dont pre-order to play the game now.  Pre-order to help in testing, or to help RedBedlam.  Otherwise, I'd advise waiting for release.  :)

"Rome wasn't coded in a day"
    - Kanoth

• AbandonedAbandoned Member Posts: 10

Originally posted by Kanoth

Dont pre-order to play the game now.  Pre-order to help in testing, or to help RedBedlam.  Otherwise, I'd advise waiting for release.  :)

I plan on pre-ordering, I fully support what you indie developers are doing because you seem like you care about the gamers more than just cranking out lame titles to make money.

• OrigigiNomadOrigigiNomad Member Posts: 91

Yep, they've really bonded with the community. Just like Mythic with their new MMORPG Warhammer (which surprises me since Mythic has a lot of money and they don't need the community - see Blizzard). They're all over the largest fansite posting and answering questions where they can, making jokes and all :)

I guess RedBedlam would do the same if they had enough man power.

EDIT: Just came to me, RedBedlam has official Roma Victor forums and Mythic doesn't so they have to turn to other sites if they want to comute :=)

• n2k3156n2k3156 Member Posts: 523

Originally posted by Jorev

Remember Mourning?

Not only that, remember SWG?

NGE Refugee.