Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did Site font change?

2»

Comments

• BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    flizzer said:
    Am I the only one who actually likes the new font?   Bigger and easier to read. 
    I think in general, I like it too. But I want to make sure everyone gets what they want, so we're looking into a toggle. Same way the new site will have a black on white / white on black toggle.

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• LtldoggLtldogg Member UncommonPosts: 282
    I like it!
  • BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662
    Eh, the font is too big for me.

Makes the homepage look ugly.

• MeddleMeddle Administrator UncommonPosts: 758
    @BillMurphy is right we are tweaking the site content in an attempt to make it more readable.  The previous font size was too small.  I'm assuming that you all don't have an issue reading and using the forums since I've seen no complaints regarding the text size here. If we matched the forums would that help?

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    The new font in front page has caused me to check whether I've accidentally toggled the page zoom to more than 100%. I've now done it more than once, the font just somehow looks unnatural.

The font on forums looks good enough.

• IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751
    Meddle said:
    @BillMurphy is right we are tweaking the site content in an attempt to make it more readable.  The previous font size was too small.  I'm assuming that you all don't have an issue reading and using the forums since I've seen no complaints regarding the text size here. If we matched the forums would that help?
    @Meddle I don't know what is different between the forums and the rest honestly.  I don't have nearly the issue with the forums that I'm having with the articles/front page.  I don't know if it's because of the background, the font, or what.  It would immensely help though at this point Meddle.

Sorry to be such a PITA about it.  My personal alternative was to skip the front page and try to jump right into the forums via bookmark.

I don't know enough about coding anymore to know if it's easier to just do the font or to give the members access to a font they can set in their settings.  I imagine the first would be easier than the second but anymore (shrug).
  • BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    Vrika said:
    The new font in front page has caused me to check whether I've accidentally toggled the page zoom to more than 100%. I've now done it more than once, the font just somehow looks unnatural.

The font on forums looks good enough.
    Yeah, I did that too.
  • MeddleMeddle Administrator UncommonPosts: 758
    Alright guys, we'll match the site fonts to the forums and see how that looks.

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

• BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662
    Please do. 

Atm the font size is too big, it's hideous honestly.

• DaakkonDaakkon Member UncommonPosts: 607
    yeah it tripped me out as well and I checked to see if page zoom was on. I would love a font that is just SLIGHTLY larger than the old font, I think that would be the best of both worlds. Or let us choose between a few?