Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMOFTW - Fallout at Firefall

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited November 2015 in Videos Discussion

imageMMOFTW - Fallout at Firefall

This week

Read the full story here

Comments

• TarbloodTarblood Member UncommonPosts: 98
    Last.

RAWR

• avalon1000avalon1000 Member UncommonPosts: 791
    No you're not. Sad to see Firefall, a game that had such potential, handled so bad by Red 5. Still some of the best combat in any MMO.
  • mayito7777mayito7777 Member UncommonPosts: 768
    The devs spat on the face of the founders, mocked us, many of the founders were banned from the game, so they reaping what they sowed.

want 7 free days of playing? Try this

http://www.swtor.com/r/ZptVnY

• RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    1.) From what I understand "Black Desert" is going to have Vigor Points similar to Arche Age, what I am uncertain about is the crafting system having mythic and such like in Arche Age.

2.) FireFall was a failure because the developers did not listen to feed-back during closed beta I am honestly not shocked, could have been a great game, but not much to say about it really quit playing it with the lack of content and company that did not listen.
  • SirBalinSirBalin Member UncommonPosts: 1,300
    Game was fail because it was strictly for pvers...they should have had an owpvp server..I know so many that wanted to play it that didn't because the lack of pvp...they tried to add it later..but it was to late

Incognito
    www.incognito-gaming.us
    "You're either with us or against us"

• Solar_ProphetSolar_Prophet Member EpicPosts: 1,960
    SirBalin said:
    Game was fail because it was strictly for pvers...they should have had an owpvp server..I know so many that wanted to play it that didn't because the lack of pvp...they tried to add it later..but it was to late
    Yes, because all those hugely successful OWPVP games out there show how much of a demand for that style of play there is! Oh, wait...

Firefall is in trouble because they couldn't figure out what they wanted the game to be. I think the iteration on the test servers is by far the best one yet, but it's a case of too little, too late at this point. Plus nobody wants to spend money on a game which could be completely overhauled yet again into something they don't like, especially not now that the future is so full of uncertainty. 

Removing that idiot Mark Kern should have happened long before it did. It's clear his lack of professionalism and focus played a huge part in this whole debacle. Of course, getting rid of Chris Whiteside so soon also ranks up there with the rest of the stupid decisions Red5 has made. Stupid, stupid, stupid. That's this game's entire development cycle in one word. Stupid. 

And this gentleman agrees with me! 

AN' DERE AIN'T NO SUCH FING AS ENUFF DAKKA, YA GROT! Enuff'z more than ya got an' less than too much an' there ain't no such fing as too much dakka. Say dere is, and me Squiggoff'z eatin' tonight!

We are born of the blood. Made men by the blood. Undone by the blood. Our eyes are yet to open. FEAR THE OLD BLOOD. 

#IStandWithVic

• WylfWylf Member UncommonPosts: 376
    Actually not too surprised at Firefall's problems based on thier track record so far Solar_Prophet laid it out well, no need to rerpeat. Completely disagree with the PvP comment above. The way the layoffs were done, makes playing this game unpalatable. So no I will not be playing firefall.
  • ThebeastttThebeasttt Member RarePosts: 1,130
    Gnome is a terrible race for hunter so that is about as non-news as it gets, aside from the latest Justin Bieber development. That said, I respect Bill for giving the informed suggestion of avoiding Firefall. Laying off 40% on an already struggling game doesn't bode well for it's future. Never be afraid to tell it how it is. Half of your job is give informed opinions on which game to try out and which to avoid so don't let company backlash deter you, you'll gain more respect/viewers in the end for brutal honesty.
  • RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    SirBalin said:

What game are you playing now?

Oh yeah check out Blizzards new MOBA Over Watch, Tribes Ascend, Global Agenda, 3 games better than Fire Fall, all which offer PVP.

The only aspect Fire Fall really had these others didn't was missions, and the Star Ship Troppers swarm mechanic not hard to throw into any other game.
  • mayito7777mayito7777 Member UncommonPosts: 768
    Firefall in the beginning was an awesome game with a lot of room for expansions and improvement. Then one day the devs in one update changed the game into something that was not firefall and after that update the next one was worse and so on and so on, they could have gone back to the date before the infamous patch and rescued the game but their pride and special the guy called Phobos, full so much of himself that forced a lot of the founders like myself to leave the game behind and never comeback.

Well they got what they wanted. Now they are reaping the results of their prideful mind and lack of vision.

want 7 free days of playing? Try this

http://www.swtor.com/r/ZptVnY

• WraithoneWraithone Member RarePosts: 3,806
    Those blaming Red5 for many of the idiotic actions over the last year plus, have no idea how much control The9 has over such things. Remember it was The9 who fired the last founder (Mark Karns).

Its also the same people who fired Whiteside, which was a REALLY bad idea, but then The9 really do not care about the western market or the games remaining player base.
    "If you can't kill it, don't make it mad."
  • SilynseSilynse Member UncommonPosts: 19
    I literally called out Red 5 2 years ago about their bullshit with firefall. I bought the most expensive founders pack and tested and tested. Once the game got rid of its PVP, I knew we were screwed.

But honestly, Mark and his buddies at Red 5 should be sued for the way they mishandled money and the game. Those guys should never be allowed to develop again. As a person who created a strong investment business from the ground up I could tell you from a long time in, and stated on these forums many times how screwed that development was. The game had potential at one point, and was ready to become something. mismanagement cost them significantly, and resulted in lies to the public, misuse of funds, and a hell of a lot of selling out.
  • MMOvisionMMOvision Member UncommonPosts: 112
    SirBalin said:
    Yes, because all those hugely successful OWPVP games out there show how much of a demand for that style of play there is! Oh, wait...

Firefall is in trouble because they couldn't figure out what they wanted the game to be. I think the iteration on the test servers is by far the best one yet, but it's a case of too little, too late at this point. Plus nobody wants to spend money on a game which could be completely overhauled yet again into something they don't like, especially not now that the future is so full of uncertainty. 

Removing that idiot Mark Kern should have happened long before it did. It's clear his lack of professionalism and focus played a huge part in this whole debacle. Of course, getting rid of Chris Whiteside so soon also ranks up there with the rest of the stupid decisions Red5 has made. Stupid, stupid, stupid. That's this game's entire development cycle in one word. Stupid. 

And this gentleman agrees with me! 
    Actually, the whole "People hate Open world pvp games!" argument doesn't seem to fit here, as Firefall is first and foremost a shooter game.   

When it comes to shooters, FPS or TPS, things shift in the other direction.  

How about we all imagine how successful CoD and BF(x) would be if there was no PvP.
    How about we all imagine how many players would swear by those games if all there was to do was grind out NPCs co-op style, over and over and over...

Online shooters NEED pvp.   Period.   

If you can find an exception (anyone) bravo~ but it doesn't change anything.   Shooters are for people that like to pewpew eachother.   Firefall doesn't have that option.    It wants the players to spend a lot of time leveling up, grinding, progressing, getting more powerful guns and abilities, all so they can shoot at NPCs with bad AI.        That is very valid here, much more so than the "People don't like open world pvp" point.    Just saying.
  • MaygusMaygus Member UncommonPosts: 374
    No you're not. Sad to see Firefall, a game that had such potential, handled so bad by Red 5. Still some of the best combat in any MMO.
    Agreed, Firefall was a great game however what killed it for me (or started to kill it) was the massive gear overhaul they did, needed in some ways but a major pain in the arse in others... but the lack of PvP was frustrating... most people avoided that tiny PvP bubble in Sunken Harbor and I only went there for the occasionally POI spawn.

When I tried to join the PvP queues... it was always low-pop... fun when I could get a game, but always low-pop.

If they rolled a full PvP server with towns being 'safe-zones' only so you can shop and upgrade in peace... that would have been fantastic.
    Visit the Chronicles of Elyria official site and the Official Wiki... an upcoming MMO from Soulbound Studios with real consequences to your actions.
    Finite Resources, WYSIWYG looting to player created and maintained maps and a deep modular crafting system. So much more that hasn't been said, ask questions! Post your thoughts! Spread the word of COE!

If you haven't yet, register with my referrer code on the official website: B0E240
  • GrailerGrailer Member UncommonPosts: 893
    Black Desert combat looks pretty horrible . Not what I had envisioned when I first heard about this game