Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Should blockades be considered pvp?

13»

Comments

• filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    Kilrain said:
    filmoret said:

I am proud to say that Trion has officially made blockades illegal gameplay.

http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?242329-Cart-blocking-bannable-Cant-pvp-in-housing-zones.-What-is-next&p=2058247&posted=1#post2058247

I fear the damage has already been done since it took them almost a year to deal with it.

Making it bannable was a bad move IMO, they should have implemented a counter measure. Sandbox should be sandbox. If they find something like this where it's impossible (or near impossible) to either defend yourself or fight back, then they need to create new things to allow for it and not remove sand.

They are working on a counter but until they can come up with a solid idea they are making it illegal.  But its a year too late honestly.
    Are you onto something or just on something?
  • KilrainKilrain Member RarePosts: 1,185
    filmoret said:
    Kilrain said:
    filmoret said:

http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?242329-Cart-blocking-bannable-Cant-pvp-in-housing-zones.-What-is-next&p=2058247&posted=1#post2058247

I fear the damage has already been done since it took them almost a year to deal with it.

Making it bannable was a bad move IMO, they should have implemented a counter measure. Sandbox should be sandbox. If they find something like this where it's impossible (or near impossible) to either defend yourself or fight back, then they need to create new things to allow for it and not remove sand.

They are working on a counter but until they can come up with a solid idea they are making it illegal.  But its a year too late honestly.

I doubt it's too late. This one problem isn't the sole cause of any major population decrease. 1 Year too late for you, maybe, but not the game as a whole.
    Kilrain said:
    filmoret said:
    Kilrain said:
    filmoret said:

I doubt it's too late. This one problem isn't the sole cause of any major population decrease. 1 Year too late for you, maybe, but not the game as a whole.

Maybe its just me but when a gaming company does something really really dumb and never changes it.  Then that's all I need to look elsewhere.  There's things we as players can live with and then there's things that just make all faith in the gaming company disappear and those players seek other homes.
  • farbegefarbege Member UncommonPosts: 305
    edited October 2015
    Sovrath said:

While I completely agree with you, the issue here is that it's in a pve zone and forces a "pvp" situation (if I can remember from the start of the thread).

The issue here is that players who are "pve" players are not interested in pvp situations and would prefer a "pve" solution. At least during those times the zone is in "pve" mode.

Well seems TRION followed this logic in the end  by their change of policy regarding blockades.

"Starting on October 23rd, users may no longer set up roadblocks/blockades anywhere in the game via any means (vehicle, ships, avocados, or otherwise.) In addition, we’d like to reinforce that users may not use their vehicles, ships, bodies, or another means to block someone from planting on their private land, interactable items, or from blocking NPCs in such a way that they cannot be interacted with."

Still don't think that is the way to judge the situation about blockades and they simply listened to polls showing that majority of players like it this way.

Opinions can be wrong even if majorities believe they true.

What i read here is people calling moving packs to sell em PvE. Is that true ?

In my opinion. No. Its a gold generating mechanic that is neutral to PvP or PvE.

There is a reason XL games created their game around packs to not be able to been put in bags and that they can be looted from you.  That is one idea to put some reason into risk vs reward for PvP's as well.
    So risk vs reward functions very well regarding distance and peace / war zones.
    Except the faction controlled zones. I would understand if NPC bandits or wild animals would attack you there to call this PvE.
    However since now Dominion wars have been introduced, this can be countered now the problem remains for the following cases :
    How we balance this for guilds that will remain ta rank 2  or unguilded players ? 

(moving packs and selling them without risk generating that way "safe" gold reward pretty much without risk)  
    The problem wasn't the risk involved with those hauling packs.  It was the fact that there is zero risk involved with those blockading the packs in a pve zone.  If they blockaded packs in a pvp zone they would have to fight and risk losing their own carts. 
  • LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    farbege said:

No, what you are reading is that it is in a PvE zone. Blockading transport in a PVP zone is perfectly acceptable, and I haven;t seen any stance against that, further supporting that the issue is where it is occurring, not what is occurring. 

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• farbegefarbege Member UncommonPosts: 305
    edited October 2015
    filmoret said:
    The problem wasn't the risk involved with those hauling packs.  It was the fact that there is zero risk involved with those blockading the packs in a pve zone.  If they blockaded packs in a pvp zone they would have to fight and risk losing their own carts. 

Loktofeit said:
    farbege said:

No, what you are reading is that it is in a PvE zone. Blockading transport in a PVP zone is perfectly acceptable, and I haven;t seen any stance against that, further supporting that the issue is where it is occurring, not what is occurring. 

Selling packs has neither to do with PvP or to do with PvE.
    Thats my point.
    Therefore it should be possible  in all zones (blockade, steal etc) or at least mobs or npc bandits should be able to attack you in what you call "PvE" zone but it shouldn't be entirely risk free. (which is designed as a faction controlled zone in Archeage which is also a diffrence IMO but also a diffrent discussion) 
  • GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    It is a form of intentional friendly fire. 
    "I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams