Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What if Hello Kitty Online is actually an awesome MMO.

KiyorisKiyoris Member RarePosts: 2,130
edited November 2015 in The Pub at MMORPG.COM
But no one is giving it a chance because of a preconceived notion that Hello Kitty can't be a good MMO.

Maybe it's the best MMO ever made, maybe the best Game ever made, but no one knows except Hello Kitty vets.

Since there is a stigma against the Hello Kitty MMO, no one is talking about it, it doesn't even have its own forum here.

Ya think?

Comments

• DaikuruDaikuru Member RarePosts: 797
    Nope.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

- Albert Einstein

• ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194
    edited November 2015

The Hello Kitty MMO might be awesome but personally I stopped playing with cuddly toys when I was 5 y/o, and certainly I do not intent to start again playing with them in a videogame now that I am much older.
    Does that gives you a clue why Hello Kitty MMO is not so popular?

• HowbadisbadHowbadisbad Member UncommonPosts: 453
    So I actually went to the hello kitty online site and it hasnt had any news since 2012 and their forum stickies are from 2011

Waiting for:
    The Repopulation
    Albion Online

• KiyorisKiyoris Member RarePosts: 2,130
    edited November 2015
    Lol 388 MB in total................well at least it won't break your graphic card.

Let me know how it was once you sober up :)

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,351
    I think I've got a solution here.  How about if you go try the game yourself and report back to us if it's any good.  And if it's awesome, you have to explain why it's awesome, not just some generic "it's a great game and you should all try it".
  • OhhPaigeyOhhPaigey Member RarePosts: 1,517
    It is.
    When all is said and done, more is always said than done.
  • AldersAlders Member RarePosts: 2,207
    What if it has FFA loot and personal housing with action combat and top notch RvR all inside a giant virtual world built with blocks that can be terraformed and player manipulated? It sounds amazing!
  • ShadowdawnzShadowdawnz Member UncommonPosts: 201
    Kiyoris said:
    But no one is giving it a chance because of a preconceived notion that Hello Kitty can't be a good MMO.

Maybe it's the best MMO ever made, maybe the best Game ever made, but no one knows except Hello Kitty vets.

Since there is a stigma against the Hello Kitty MMO, no one is talking about it, it doesn't even have its own forum here.

Ya think?
    I think, for any game, it comes down to personal choice. Hello Kitty can very well be a really great game but not to everyone. We all have an idea of our ideal game and to most gamers, Hello Kitty just doesn't do it. 

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    Give it a go and report back.
  • SquishydewSquishydew Member UncommonPosts: 1,107
    I tried it when my online weeboo friends challenged me to.
    You cant kill things, you just knock them out and then they get back up again.

Thats as far as i got before i uninstalled, trust me, It's not worth playing.
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    I remember Toontown being very popular. And don't get me started on Candy Crush selling for $5.9 billion. Neither of these, or this one, is my cup of tea. But somebody likes this kind of thing. 

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• ChexrChexr Member UncommonPosts: 11
    edited November 2015
    The OP has a point.

Honestly, HKO was a social MMO done right. One of the neat things they do is tie in the game with their community website. Unfortunately, the game has had no support for years. For a game associated with a company like Sanrio, I'm surprised. I remember seeing point cards for the game in stores long after it was abandoned. It could have went somewhere if the game continued to have developer support, but it seems that it was just handed over to someone who speaks Engrish to make the occasional post on Facebook. The game is alive, sure, but even without updates, if Sanrio advertised they could have had a nice little social network for younger players and those who like cute things.

I remember trying the game before, it had a nifty farm/house system where you could grow plants. To grow the plants, you'd have to take care of your pets. (aka: fertilizer makers) There was a variety of crafting skills. GM's were active, players were active, lots of various events (system, GM, and player-hosted) and the urban (kawaii-fied) cities are a different setting from the main towns in other MMOs. Everything was easily made into an RP hotspot. You could have a tea party in Paris for instance. Nice variety in weapons too.
  • filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    Hey what you talking about my profile says I play hello kitty online.
    Are you onto something or just on something?
  • DrDread74DrDread74 Member UncommonPosts: 308
    Alders said:
    What if it has FFA loot and personal housing with action combat and top notch RvR all inside a giant virtual world built with blocks that can be terraformed and player manipulated? It sounds amazing!

I think if you're making a Hello Kitty MMO, Realm vs Realm combat and loot systems is not a feature the target demographic is after =)

I don't think there should be any combat at all. You should run around and do "cute" things for XP. Like solve mysteries or get involved in quests for finding where the missing cookies went. Be like an MMO version of the cartoon

.... not that I have seen the cartoon, which I'm sure is great =)

http://baronsofthegalaxy.com/
     An MMO game I created, solo. It's live now and absolutely free to play!
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Hello Kitty Online is actually a thing?.... honestly i thought it was a 'joke phrase' to be used to imply something was childish.
  • aslan132aslan132 Member UncommonPosts: 620
    Chexr said:
    The OP has a point.

Honestly, HKO was a social MMO done right. One of the neat things they do is tie in the game with their community website. Unfortunately, the game has had no support for years. For a game associated with a company like Sanrio, I'm surprised. I remember seeing point cards for the game in stores long after it was abandoned. It could have went somewhere if the game continued to have developer support, but it seems that it was just handed over to someone who speaks Engrish to make the occasional post on Facebook. The game is alive, sure, but even without updates, if Sanrio advertised they could have had a nice little social network for younger players and those who like cute things.

I remember trying the game before, it had a nifty farm/house system where you could grow plants. To grow the plants, you'd have to take care of your pets. (aka: fertilizer makers) There was a variety of crafting skills. GM's were active, players were active, lots of various events (system, GM, and player-hosted) and the urban (kawaii-fied) cities are a different setting from the main towns in other MMOs. Everything was easily made into an RP hotspot. You could have a tea party in Paris for instance. Nice variety in weapons too.
    Pretty much this. It started off with promise, back when it first launched and Aeria games had the reigns. Then Aeria shut it down, and gave the game back to Sanrio, who has kept it running on life-support with nothing new being developed ever since (2011 sometime). 

So heres a basic rundown. There was combat, you would "knockout" monsters, who would stay with zero HP for a few minutes then get back up, similiar to respawning. They had a small chance to drop a "card" which you could then turn into your pet, adding a "gotta collect em all" system. Crafting was well done, making a variety of weapons and food, ect. Player housing was extensive, with getting blueprints and actually needing to "craft" the house, building it in sections with friends help. Housing also added a "Farmville" system, where you had to plant an maintain crops used in other crafting.

Lots of quests in and around the cities, and plenty of RP opportunities. All in all, actually not a bad game. Even some newer MMOs could learn a thing or two from it, specifically regarding how housing was down. I could easily see a housing system based from this in, say Black Desert, for example. Its just a shame it was abandoned by the developers and left to rot with a ghost crew on life-support. 
  • grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935
    edited November 2015
    In all seriousness, it is a free to play game and no one is stopping you from trying it.  I helped my daughter play it several months ago.  She seemed to enjoy it. 

If you are curious about it, go play it and stop posting click bait threads.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Hmm, I am willing to take the chanse that its not. But I wont judge you if you play it  ;).

But I seriously don't see the point of the thread, if you wonder just try it, as Grimal said: it is free. Now if you tried it and it was great then that would be a thread worthy of posting.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited November 2015
    Because just looking at it says it won't be good.

However good it to each their own ,only when i say good i mean quality design and cartoon graphics are not quality design.Once i see cheap graphics i know the game is low budget,so in that case,VERY unlikely a game i would play.

This is 2016 almost,graphics are at a high level right now,so games need to keep up,you can't keep selling 15 year old graphics.In this games case  it is more like 25 year old graphics.Sure it runs cheaper,more efficient,but i don't care about your business side of things,i only care about the game you want me to play.

Besides that in this day n age we can actually see enough about a game before we even have to try it.

Watch this video then tell me honestly,you didn't lol@ the game?The character customization alone is enough to make one turn the other way.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=febnFmB5ht8

There is a reason why nobody plays it,this game looks like it was made in 1 year on a penny budget.If i wanted to even rate the game ,i would give it a 1/10.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• KiyorisKiyoris Member RarePosts: 2,130
    edited November 2015
    I started on server Wonderful, but not everything is wonderful.

I got stuck in the tutorial, my mouse pointer won't appear and I'm supposed to click on the ground I think.

I am actually enjoying this thread.
    OP keep the updates coming pls.

I am tempted myself to give it a go for the lulz

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    "awesome" is subjective. I don't see why Hello Kitty online cannot be awesome for some players.
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    ste2000 said:

The Hello Kitty MMO might be awesome but personally I stopped playing with cuddly toys when I was 5 y/o, and certainly I do not intent to start again playing with them in a videogame now that I am much older.
    Does that gives you a clue why Hello Kitty MMO is not so popular?
    How much worse can it be than all these pixels/voxels/legos monstrosities we are seeing all the time now? Hello Kitty cant be any worse than Trove
  • fodell54fodell54 Member RarePosts: 865
    Phry said:
    Hello Kitty Online is actually a thing?.... honestly i thought it was a 'joke phrase' to be used to imply something was childish.
    Been here since 2004 with over 6000 posts. Still doesn't know what games exist or how to use the Game List button on this site......