Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This doesn't look good?

1235»

Comments

• BrenicsBrenics Member RarePosts: 1,939
    Minsc said:
    Erillion said:
    This is really a key factor. People seem to think that once this game releases, CIG can start selling it and start making money on the finished product........What they aren't considering is that CIG already sold those copies.....They now owe 90M in finished product that they will not be able to collect on after (and assuming) this game actually releases.
    An immediate extra source of cash would be Episode 3 of Squadron 42. Episode 1 and 2 are free for (most) backers, but Episode 3 will have to be bought.

Have fun 
    LMAO @ immediate. Are you serious?

They have not even finished the first game. Then they need to make a second game and then the Episode 3 Game. I doubt you could call that immediate. Let's assume 4 years development time each: S42 comes in 2016 (lol) then Episode 2 in 2020 and Episode 3 in 2024. Immediate my ass.
    Why would you think that it would take them an additional 4 years to make parts 2 and 3? Do you think they are going to scrap the engine and start over again from the ground up? That's idiotic. Why do you think that they can pump out a new COD game every year? It's because the engine is already established so all they need to do is build the content for it.

All the heavy lifting of development is taking place now. Once they have all the systems in place then content creation can be done fairly quickly. AC 2.0 shows that the majority of the heavy lifting is almost done. After this they can focus on building the meat of the game with a focus on finishing squadron 42 as anything that is done for that game is usable in the PU.

I still don't get why people are expecting a game of this scope to be nearly done after 3 years. If people were able to see where games like GTAV or the witcher 3 were after that time I'm willing to bet they wouldn't be much further along.
    Your right no one expected it to be done in 3 years. But the engine to make the game should have been done by now and they clearly do not have it built yet. So forget about that 90m double it and that may be what they need to just get the engine done and start putting game together. But then you have to hope they already have the 64bit problem solved. Without 64bit processing for the universe the game will never get done the way CR wants it to be. 
    I'm not perfect but I'm always myself!

Star Citizen – The Extinction Level Event

4/13/15 > ELE has been updated look for 16-04-13.

http://www.dereksmart.org/2016/04/star-citizen-the-ele/

Enjoy and know the truth always comes to light!