Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Drop Rates

13»

Comments

• cutbirth01cutbirth01 Member UncommonPosts: 17
    edited November 2015
    Kiyoris said:
    Sinist said:
    No, we don't want games "designed by Smedley", no.. we don't want mainstream garbage.

Sorry Brad, but this is the type that needs to beat feet.

Sorry, I refuse to be nice to these ass hats.
    You do realize that Brad was working for Smedley and SoE up until recently right?

You realize he was appointed senior designer of Everquest in 2013, working for Smedley and SoE, right?

You seem pretty clueless about some things in some of your rants, no offense.
    Brad and Smed, while remaining supportive of one another, developed completely different philosophies on game development. Brad made this clear when he addresses Smed stepping down at DBG in another post.

So, while your information may be true, Sinist's point about not wanting a game influenced by Smedley is still very relevant.

After all, Brad was still operating under Smedledy's direction at SOE as opposed to being the lead visionary for the game as he is for Pantheon.
    Post edited by cutbirth01 on
  • ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194
    SoE changed some things in the game, for the better, the game wouldn't have lasted 15 years and counting if they left it like it was.

If "SoE killed EQ", they sure are taking their time to do it, don't know many MMO that are still around after 15 years.

EQ lasted because it had solid foundations, not thanks to Smedley.
    If SoE didn't have EQ2 ready, they would have pulled an NGE on EQ as well.
    EQ has to thank the fact SoE released EQ2, so they didn't have to "enhance" its gameplay to make it more "Starwarsy" or whatever silly terms they would have used in such case.

After PoP the game went downhill anyway, both in player numbers and quality.
    And for your information, the only succesful game SoE ever released was Everquest, every other game was a disaster after another apart maybe for EQ2.
    You give Smedley too much undeserved credit.
    I predicted 5 years ago that he would drive SoE out of business, and eventually he did.

• WaterlilyWaterlily Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    edited November 2015
    nm it's not worth it
  • SinistSinist Member RarePosts: 1,369
    Waterlily said:
    Many of you aren't making any sense in this thread. On the one hand you are blaming SoE, and praising Brad and you are blaming PoP and expansions after that.

But Brad McQuaid was still the producer of PoP and Gates of Discord. It was under Brad's watch that Everquest lost over half its population, he was the producer of Gates of Discord.

Everquest lost over half its population in 2004, with Brad McQuaid at the helm, it wasn't until he left, that the population stabilized during Omens.
    Brad resigned from SoE (who aquired Verant) and started Sigil in 2001 (taking most of the EQ developers with him), might want to get your facts straight.
  • WaterlilyWaterlily Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    Honestly, I think it's stupid you regard Brad so highly, after Vanguard, this guy shouldn't even be allowed to touch any MMO with a 10 foot pole.
    edited November 2015
    Waterlily said:
    Honestly, I think it's stupid you regard Brad so highly, after Vanguard, this guy shouldn't even be allowed to touch any MMO with a 10 foot pole.
    Really? So correcting your inaccurate statements means I am a fan boy?

Let me set your straight sir. I agree with Brad's vision, I am not a worshiper of him. I respect his basic ideas of game design, though we disagree on some things.

Now you, you have ignorantly came here and spread BS, I corrected you and the only thing you can do is to mouth off and turn this into a fan boy spin?

Why are you here? Seriously, I understand those who have questions, those who are interested in various things, but it is obvious you aren't here for anything other than to spread your disdain for this game and its makers.

What kind of person do you have to be to go into a game forum of a game you care nothing about and then mouth off it in it? Please explain, because I am at a loss why you are here if you feel the way you do through this statement:

Waterlily said:

You looking for attention? Are you bored? What?
    Kiyoris said:
    Sinist said:
    Kiyoris said:
    Sinist said:
    No, we don't want games "designed by Smedley"

Sorry Brad, but this is the type that needs to beat feet.

Sorry, I refuse to be nice to these ass hats.
    You do realize that Brad was working for Smedley and SoE up until recently right?

You realize he was appointed senior designer of Everquest in 2013, working for Smedley and SoE, right?

You seem pretty clueless about some things in some of your rants, no offense.
    You have read Smedleys blog on game design direction and Brad's response have you not? You do realize that just because you work for someone, it doesn't mean that your work reflects your ideals right? You have read many of the developers comments on various games in the industry and how they commented on what they were told to develop and what they wanted to right?

You seem pretty clueless of these issues do you not?
    Yeah, you clearly didn't know Brad was working for SoE. Go take a cold shower instead of non-stop ranting. If anyone is going to put people off from playing a game, it will be people like you.

Actually, I did.  Brad left in 2001 to form Sigil, brad came back in 2013 under Smeds control and direction after the game had been focused on that direction for years.

Read Brad's blog on Smed leaving DBG.

Again, You seem like you are pretty clueless on these issue.
  • KiyorisKiyoris Member RarePosts: 2,130
    Sinist said:
     I agree with Brad's vision,

lmao, maybe some day he will refund Vanguard players
  • ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194
    edited November 2015
    Waterlily said:
    I think it is stupid not giving people a second chance.
    He didn't run away with your money and got rich, in fact probably he lost some of his own money.
    He was just a bit naive in thinking that running a Company was the same as running a game.
    Obviously it wasn't the case and I am sure he learnt from that.

As for Smedley he had more than a chance to show he was worthy his position as SoE CEO and he blew them all.
    So there is no redemption for him.

• AdamantineAdamantine Member RarePosts: 5,085
    Waterlily said:
    Seriously ?

This is a game forum for a Brad McQuaid game ! If you dont like him, why do you waste our time ?

Stop trolling and go somewhere else.
  • AdamantineAdamantine Member RarePosts: 5,085
    Sinist said:
    Actually, I did.  Brad left in 2001 to form Sigil, brad came back in 2013 under Smeds control and direction after the game had been focused on that direction for years.

Um, Brad made various changes to Vanguard in the late phase of the game (which by the way substantly improved the overall gaming experience).

I dont know WHEN he came back, but it should have been definitely earlier than 2013 ?

Sinist said:

Um, Brad made various changes to Vanguard in the late phase of the game (which by the way substantly improved the overall gaming experience).

I dont know WHEN he came back, but it should have been definitely earlier than 2013 ?

The person was implying that by Brad coming back and EQ being as mainstream as it was, it was because Brad wanted it to be that way. It was a fallacious point as knowing the differences in opinions on development goals between Smed and Brad, the years of players being used to a given set of design focus for EQ, Brad couldn't just completely change all the things that Smed had done to the game over the years.
  • carotidcarotid Member UncommonPosts: 425
    Kiyoris said:
    Sinist said:
     I agree with Brad's vision,

lmao, maybe some day he will refund Vanguard players
    Maybe someday you will get that clue, finally.
  • carotidcarotid Member UncommonPosts: 425

Waterlily said:
    nm it's not worth it
    Than why are you here??