Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What MMO's have REAL targeting. This this tab/soft tab target select BS?

2»

Comments

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    ste2000 said:
    Warframe, but it's a co-op game rahter than an mmo.
    Darkfall did, but am not sure if it still does.

Warframe is a Co-op FPS and a ton of fun.
    It is a shame is not a MMORPG, it would be awesome.

Yeah Darkfall still has the manual targeting, if you like hardcore PvP that's your game
    I doubt it would be as much fun if it is a MMORPG. Not every fun game needs to be made into a MMORPG.

And by the definition of THIS site, warframe is a MMOTPS ... so yeah it is a sub-genre of MMO, just not MMORPG. 
  • DullahanDullahan Member EpicPosts: 4,536
    Warframe is a co-op shooter. Nothing more.

Robokapp said:

The site's definition is not wrong. You are.
    wait what .. did you actually read the "Genre" column on the "game list" on this site?

It said very clearly "MMOTPS" right next to Warframe. And how can I be wrong and the site is not .. if i am just quoting THEIR definition?

Here is a screen cap in case you can't find the gamelist. See the 6 little letters "MMOTPS" right next to warframe?

• ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194
    ste2000 said:
    I doubt it would be as much fun if it is a MMORPG. Not every fun game needs to be made into a MMORPG.

And by the definition of THIS site, warframe is a MMOTPS ... so yeah it is a sub-genre of MMO, just not MMORPG. 
    MMORPG.com definition is very generous, but technically it cannot be considered an MMO for many reasons, there is no Massive element in Warframe, it is just a Multiplayer game, similar to GW1.
    But then again some people still considder GW1 to be an MMORPG.

I do agree that not every fun game would make a good MMO, but I believe Warframe could have a good chance.
    First of all its leveling is horizontal not vertical, you can access all content from the first minute you login, there are no levels, but there is still a feeling of progression, and that would be very refreshing in a MMO.
    Secondly the combat is absolutely fun, everyone should give it a go.

• MMOman101MMOman101 Member UncommonPosts: 1,786
    Defiance is the best non-tab targeting MMO as far as I am concerned.  I have not played every MMO out there.  I think trying Defiance is a good idea.

“It's unwise to pay too much, but it's worse to pay too little. When you pay too much, you lose a little money - that's all. When you pay too little, you sometimes lose everything, because the thing you bought was incapable of doing the thing it was bought to do. The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot - it can't be done. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.”

--John Ruskin

ste2000 said:
    ste2000 said:

MMORPG.com definition is very generous, but technically it cannot be considered an MMO for many reasons, there is no Massive element in Warframe, it is just a Multiplayer game, similar to GW1.

well .. look at the screen shot that i took .. clearly it said MMOTPS next to Warframe. Not my definition. Please feel free to take it up to the sys op here. 
  • ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194
    ste2000 said:
    ste2000 said:

well .. look at the screen shot that i took .. clearly it said MMOTPS next to Warframe. Not my definition. Please feel free to take it up to the sys op here. 
    And if you notice I said that "MMORPG.com definition is very generous"........I wasn't blaming you.
    Though I could blame you for accepting everything the press says without  doing some research yourself, but that's another matter.

• muffins89muffins89 Member UncommonPosts: 1,585
    darkfall

Robokapp said:

that's not a definition.

Have you ever seen a one-word definition before?

Definition is inside and has been linked. It does not mention any MMs.
    You clearly want to stick your head in the sand ... feel free to ignore that Warframe is classified as a MMOTPS on this site game list. Don't tell me you don't think putting MMOTPS in the genre column next to Warframe is a classification.

But again, you are probably not the only one who like to ignore the inconvenient facts. 
  • nerovergilnerovergil Member UncommonPosts: 680
    i love skyrim and gw2. cant choose. but fps give me motion sickness
  • AAAMEOWAAAMEOW Member RarePosts: 1,605
    I think fallen earth.  since it is a fps type mmorpg.

I never like fps on computer though.  Many people are using aimbot.  Just like many people playing rts over the internet are using map hack.
  • Spankster77Spankster77 Member UncommonPosts: 487
    If you're looking for a MMO that has action combat and no tab targeting check out Wildstar! 
  • ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
    Robokapp said:
    first you said 'definition" now you say "classification". make up your mind. Or do they mean the same thing now?
    Don't even bother trying to rationalize with him. He's either the biggest troll in the history of the website, or he has some serious psychological issues. Either way, I still haven't figured out why he hasn't been perma-banned yet. 
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    edited November 2015
    Forgrimm said:
    Robokapp said:
    first you said 'definition" now you say "classification". make up your mind. Or do they mean the same thing now?
    Don't even bother trying to rationalize with him. He's either the biggest troll in the history of the website, or he has some serious psychological issues. Either way, I still haven't figured out why he hasn't been perma-banned yet. 
    It's not so much that he's trolling as much as he's trying to push some personal agenda. I believe he's trying to continuously convince everyone else (and probably more-so himself) that his method of game play (Free game hopping)  is more fun. His biggest tactic is getting wrapped up in semantics arguments, especially over definitions.
    Robokapp said:

Robokapp said:

that's not a definition.

Have you ever seen a one-word definition before?

Definition is inside and has been linked. It does not mention any MMs.
    You clearly want to stick your head in the sand ... feel free to ignore that Warframe is classified as a MMOTPS on this site game list. Don't tell me you don't think putting MMOTPS in the genre column next to Warframe is a classification.

But again, you are probably not the only one who like to ignore the inconvenient facts. 
    semantics .. are you denying the subgenre of warframe is listed as MMOTPS? Or you just chose not to see it?