Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LF Single player RPG

MMOman101MMOman101 Member UncommonPosts: 1,786
Does anyone have a list of RPGs either turn based or real time with pause where you can build the entire group.  When i say build the group I mean classes, races, gear, skills.  I don't mean where they give you a premade group or you make just the main character.  I have played a lot of these.  I just wonder if there are some I am missing. 

Thanks in advance.

“It's unwise to pay too much, but it's worse to pay too little. When you pay too much, you lose a little money - that's all. When you pay too little, you sometimes lose everything, because the thing you bought was incapable of doing the thing it was bought to do. The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot - it can't be done. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.”

--John Ruskin

Comments

• NeblessNebless Member RarePosts: 1,835
    Look at Drakensang: The Dark Eye (aval on Steam plus on disk).  It's based on the Ger. version of DnD (a more complex system).  
    While you gain pre-made companion's as you play, you get to pick which to keep with you and can swap them out as the need arises.  The system gives you control over all their stat's, abilities and weapons.
    It's real time with pause so you can control their combat actions.
    Here's a link to a video explaining all of it:
    http://steamcommunity.com/app/12640/discussions/0/527273789697161205/

SWG (pre-cu) - AoC (pre-f2p) - PotBS (pre-boarder) - DDO - LotRO (pre-f2p) - STO (pre-f2p) - GnH (beta tester) - SWTOR - Neverwinter

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    edited November 2015
    Drakensang is excellent ..and thy just released the Eye of the Goddess(transalted freom german) .. massive mod for it also .. After you finish Drakensang grab the sequel River of Time which is even better ..many , many hours of rpg goodness there..

Then after you beat those , you could try The Dark Eye Realms of Arkania,
      which is an even deeper system , really great game now they have patched it up and added a bunch of stuff, my only complaint is some of the voice overs are terrible..also on Steam

http://www.schicksalsklinge.com/en/

• MMOman101MMOman101 Member UncommonPosts: 1,786
    So is the Drakensang series where you can only make the lead character?  Not the entire group.  Do you know of any where you can make the entire group?  I know of M&M Icewingdale. Some others too.  

“It's unwise to pay too much, but it's worse to pay too little. When you pay too much, you lose a little money - that's all. When you pay too little, you sometimes lose everything, because the thing you bought was incapable of doing the thing it was bought to do. The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot - it can't be done. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.”

--John Ruskin

• ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194
    Divinity-Original Sin fits the bill or if you like Vintage try Baldurs Gate.
    They are both isometric though.

• MMOman101MMOman101 Member UncommonPosts: 1,786
    ste2000 said:
    Divinity-Original Sin fits the bill or if you like Vintage try Baldurs Gate.
    They are both isometric though.
    I played both of those with the Avernum series. 

--John Ruskin

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    Realms of Arkanis allows you to make the entire group in great detail .. maybe to much :)
  • haydengillhaydengill Member CommonPosts: 2
    Please have a look into the following

The ones I like-

Witcher
    Witcher 2
    Neverwinter Nights
    Neverwinter Nights 2
    Knight of the Old Republic
    Knight of the Old Republic 2 - Sith Lords
    Gothic 3
    Dragon Age - Origins
    Mass Effect