Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Every MMO should have a fast track server

mohit9206mohit9206 Member UncommonPosts: 56
I am playing WildStar and i feel the leveling is too slow. Maybe its not but it certainly feels that way because of generic boring questing system. So i feel every mmo should have a fast track server with double or triple xp bonus so those who want to reach max level as soon as possible can do so without months of questing especially for mmo's focused on end game content. 
Since most people these days want to reach max level as soon as possible, there should be a fast track server and once player reaches max level, they can transfer their character to normal server for free. 
Because no mmo publisher/developer wants to make fun quests, they might as well give an option to greatly cut down the tedium of leveling.Do you think this is a good idea? 

Comments

• simsalabim77simsalabim77 Member RarePosts: 1,607
    I agree, but some people enjoy ball-crushingly boring quest grinds to max level. 
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    So you can then do mind numbing, repetitive end game content over and and over and over? 

Not sure I see your logic.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• CalmOceansCalmOceans Member UncommonPosts: 2,437
    If you're playing a game just to rush to endgame, you're probably not enjoying it.
  • HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
    It seems like most mmo players today only care about end game. So its a rush to get there then they find out how boring it really is. Every mmo where i got a character to max i either quit or start a new character if i like the game enough.
  • nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Kyleran said:
    So you can then do mind numbing, repetitive end game content over and and over and over? 

No .. so you can finish the content, and move onto another game.
    Robokapp said:
    Kyleran said:

cant you just start with the other game and skip content entirely? what'sf aster than that?
    yes .. if the other game is more fun. The question is whether the content of this game is fun .. if so .. length matters little and there is no need to repeat. 
  • MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614
    I agree, but some people enjoy ball-crushingly boring quest grinds to max level. 
    I disagree, but apparently some people do not want to play the game just raiding and then crash out.

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

• delta9delta9 Member UncommonPosts: 358
    Levelling is extremely fast in Wildstar, not sure what the issue is to be honest.
    You do realise that a big part of the endgame is "generic boring questing"?
  • LuidenLuiden Member RarePosts: 336
    OP is trolling you all I think.
  • waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    Kyleran said:

@kyleran lol.  Why can't the solution be that the OP understands that perhaps this game isn't for him?
    http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• st4t1ckst4t1ck Member UncommonPosts: 768
    Robokapp said:
    Kyleran said:

cant you just start with the other game and skip content entirely? what'sf aster than that?
    yes .. if the other game is more fun. The question is whether the content of this game is fun .. if so .. length matters little and there is no need to repeat. 
    If its not fun, dont play... If it is fun Faster leveling usually means you out level most of the content way to fast so you miss most of it, or do it when your way over the level required.  Which would make it even more boring
    Robokapp said:
    Kyleran said:

So fun is the absolute only measurement?  He seems to want to play the game despite the "slow leveling" as he claims, so does that mean he is playing a game that isn't fun?

I don't think even you can make a truthful argument that "faster leveling" makes the leveling more fun.  It is the same leveling just at a different speed.

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

waynejr2 said:
    Robokapp said:
    Kyleran said:

So fun is the absolute only measurement?  He seems to want to play the game despite the "slow leveling" as he claims, so does that mean he is playing a game that isn't fun?

I don't think even you can make a truthful argument that "faster leveling" makes the leveling more fun.  It is the same leveling just at a different speed.
    Of course it is ... what else are there for games?

And i can make an argument that "fast leveling" makes the leveling more fun ... how about less repetition? Fighting the first group of rats is fun .. may be even the second or third, but certainly not the 10th. So faster leveling, no need to repeat the same (or very similar) content. More variety .. more fun.

• GardavsshadeGardavsshade Member UncommonPosts: 907
    edited November 2015
    Luiden said:
    OP is trolling you all I think.
    Perhaps

(edited because I thought another Poster started this thread... I need new glasses)

• DaikuruDaikuru Member RarePosts: 797
    I agree, for me max level is where the real fun starts, where i can do all the cool things, leveling ist just an obstacle, its more like a overlong tutorial...sure, some people love leveling but some not...good idea to split them imho.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

- Albert Einstein

Daikuru said:
    I agree, for me max level is where the real fun starts, where i can do all the cool things, leveling ist just an obstacle, its more like a overlong tutorial...sure, some people love leveling but some not...good idea to split them imho.
    Yes .. hence .. WOW allows instanced level 90. May be more games should do that for the audience who wants the end-game and not the leveling. 
  • AldersAlders Member RarePosts: 2,207
    Every MMO should have pre built characters that are all heroes, where no leveling is required. Players can just log in and select their favorite hero whenever they like. They can then go fight each other over and over for nothing more than a rank and maybe some skins.

It'll be super popular and slowly start taking over forums of those old and tired mmorpg fans that don't have time for the nuisances associated with rpg's anyways since they're all older now with kids and jobs. It'll be glorious. 

• KiyorisKiyoris Member RarePosts: 2,130
    edited November 2015
     instanced level 90.. more games should do that for the audience who wants the end-game and not the leveling
    Yes..I can see you applying to our guild right now...

Why do you want to join our guild?

"Well, I am Nariusseldon, I instantly went to max level, I will soon hop to another MMO (F2P of course, who pays for MMO, lolz),  please let me join your raid guild"

APPLICATION DENIED
  • jmcdermottukjmcdermottuk Member RarePosts: 1,571
    waynejr2 said:
    Robokapp said:
    Kyleran said:

And i can make an argument that "fast leveling" makes the leveling more fun ... how about less repetition? Fighting the first group of rats is fun .. may be even the second or third, but certainly not the 10th. So faster leveling, no need to repeat the same (or very similar) content. More variety .. more fun.

And:
    Yes .. hence .. WOW allows instanced level 90. May be more games should do that for the audience who wants the end-game and not the leveling. 

But what happens at end game? Endless repetition. The same 10 or 12 group dungeons and maybe 3 or 4 raids. If you're really lucky there may be a few PvP maps. Repeated ad nausium for a few upgrades to your kit. I completely fail to see how your argument for less repetition = more fun and yet you want to skip to the end game where it's nothing BUT repetition. So why the rush?

It also strikes me that more variety has nothing at all to do with levelling speed. I think that's more to do with lazy developers rehashing the same content and not making the quests have more variety. Yeah I agree that by the 10th group of rats you're getting bored, but it's still nothing to do with levelling speed. Maybe more quests that are shorter and more varied is the answer? More variety = more fun but also more variety =  more fun = who cares how fast I level since I'm enjoying the quests.

Another way to go is quest chains where each part leads to the next and at the end you get a decent reward. As an example, the Battered Hilt in WoW. I won't include EQ's Epic Quests because they were end game and some were a nightmare to complete due to the drop system they used, but a more modern approach could still be developed with Epic rewards, rather than the endless raid/kit grind. They need to put more stuff like that into MMO's.

For me, if the game is fun then it shouldn't matter what level you are. Forget your level, forget how long to the next one, even how long to the cap. If the game is fun and you're enjoying it, all that other stuff will sort itself out.
    waynejr2 said:
    Robokapp said:
    Kyleran said:

If you don't like it only elimination is the solution.   Eating a smaller pile off poop isn't good just smaller.  If you don't like it then don't do it.   Better yet, just admit 'fun' is the excuse you use and that what you are really about it least effort.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    waynejr2 said:
    Kyleran said:

@kyleran lol.  Why can't the solution be that the OP understands that perhaps this game isn't for him?
    Well he said he wants faster leveling to get to a raiding or daily end game, certainly isnt what I enjoy in a game (I actually enjoy leveling multiple characters)

End game is exactly that for me, I don't gear grind raid.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• PepeqPepeq Member UncommonPosts: 1,977
    Simple solution for those that only want to play 10% of the game that they paid 100% for...

Instant max level token.... once used, you cannot play your toon for the exact amount of time it would have taken you to earn max level.  No boring quests, just instant action as soon as your time out period has concluded. 

Reality check my friend... you won't be playing the game all that much longer at max level.  It's the getting there that is the game... once you get there you will discover that there is no there there.
  • observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685
    Some MMOs now separate major story-quests from side-quests.. and i wish more would do this.   Side-quests are the boring ones, but the major story-quests are quite good.  Quest-hubs are a bane to MMOs, and the quicker they die out, the better.
  • randomtrandomt Member UncommonPosts: 1,220
    Seems like we've lost the very reason for an mmo.. What the OP wants is an FPS style game, he doesn't want the RPG part
  • BaitnessBaitness Member UncommonPosts: 675
    edited November 2015
    Every MMORPG I have played that had increased XP (from SWTOR to private server L2 to WoW) left me feeling really unsatisfied and disconnected from the world.  I don't think the solution to bad questing is higher XP gain, I think the solution is better questing.