Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Citizen Anniversary Sale

Comments

• DorchekDorchek Member UncommonPosts: 33
    lahnmir said:
    goboygo said:
    Dorchek said:

lahnmir said:
    Anniversary???  The game doesn't even exist and it's having Anniversarys?
    I can't help but think the same thing, the anniversary of nothing. Congratulations I guess, here is to another beautiful year of no game.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    Most Triple A titles takes five plus years of development unless they are just reusing their previous engine and updating graphics. We are getting an unprecedented view at watching this game in actual development. This is understandably hard for some people to accept. For me and a lot of others it's like getting to watch the car being built from the ground up while being able to provide feedback during the process.

Don't cloud the argument with facts, there are too many people making a full time career out of slamming something they don't understand. And there are plenty of empty headed people to jump on the bandwagon.  People that don't know how to do their own research and just pull everything from someone else posts.  Just because someone plays games doesn't mean they know jack squat about making them.  But for some bizarre reason they think they do.

Then please don't cloud the argument with a bunch of assumptions. There is no slamming going on here, not in my or @Holdenhamlet his/her post. We just consider it strange that there is an anniversary of something that does not exist yet, not hard to understand at all. I even get the proces of following a game being created, read my other post somewhere above.

Your post on the other hand talks about empty headed people and is therefor much more hostile then anything you are quoting, you being the unfriendly one just stapling a couple of assumptions together and calling it a post. You know jack squat about how I feel about the game. But for some bizarre reason you think you do.

So, to be absolutely clear, I would LOVE for SC to succeed. If they can deliver what they promise it will be amazing. And I am not just talking about the final product but also the road taken to get there. For now they haven't delivered a game at all and there is this constant selling of virtual stuff for a universe no one knows yet or this absurd anniversary thing. Cut the crap, create the game, I will play it if it's good.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir

I linked five videos of people play testing Alpha 2.0 earlier in this post. There are tons of videos of people playing Arena Commander on Youtube. There is no crap this is alpha. They are creating the game it's just not done. Keeping up funding is necessary because this is a huge game.

If they were to discontinue talking about and promoting SC that would in no way speed up development. Funding doesn't impede development it helps by allowing them to do things like hire more contractors/freelancers which in turn speeds up development.
  • ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,295
    Viper482 said:
    Again, I have no problem with the game not being finished yet.....just stop asking me for more money when you are bringing in record millions.
    Viper ... you should really go into your SC account settings and simple switch off the e-mail notification option if you do not like the mails. And i am not sure what mails from CIG YOU get, because I get ONE mail per week in digest format. And that does NOT contain any ship ads, but a list of the articles that have been published on the official SC homepage this week.

And to those who ask "What anniversary ?!" ...
    Its the 3 year anniversary of the successful Kickstarter campaign of Star Citizen (November 19th, 2012)
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cig/star-citizen/description

Have fun

• Vada_GVada_G Member UncommonPosts: 85
    The majority of us want this to succeed. However, I would not promote this title without a serious disclaimer of "WE DO NOT KNOW WHEN THIS GAME WILL RELEASE". I certainly do not think you should declare an anniversary on putting up a kickstarter page.

As gamers, we are already manipulated by producers/developers/retailers. Trust me I understand the hype train, but we should try to keep each other from falling in front of it. We should definitely do our best not to push each other in front of the hype train, at least not without first hand experience of a game.

I don't think it's right to sell someone smoke and mirrors. Which is what CIG has been doing for three years to keep money coming in. Look at the SQ42 video from 2012 vs. the most recent live SQ42 video, the results do not show good progress given a 3 year time frame.

Promoting it on it's current merits, sure. The game has the Arena Commander Module, the Hanger, and the new area is being released(someone else can toss in the 2.0 feature list). For some people, that may be worth $40-?.
  • HatefullHatefull Member EpicPosts: 2,502
    Dorchek said:
    If you don't like Star Citizen there's nothing that I can say that will convince you otherwise. Good for you don't risk your money I'm not asking you to, just let me and those that do believe in this project continue to support it.
    That right there.  It amazes me that people with exactly zero interest in a game, or their only interest is in bashing the game continue to come to these threads and spout the same pointless crap over and over again.

I am into motorcycles, I restore them, I ride them, I talk about them etc etc.  When my buddies and I are standing in a bar talking about bikes, not once has anyone approached us, interjected themselves into our conversation to say: your bikes suck and you are a moron for riding them.

Part of the reason is; we go to where people that share our interests go to discuss our hobby, and the other part is, there would be a physical altercation. Obviously the latter is a physical improbability on a game forum board and it is a bad idea in general, but to the former it's simple; STFU and move along.  No one cares, nor should they care about your whining sniveling excuse for a contribution to a conversation.  Let the people that are interested talk.  Simple.  But ohh yeah on the interwebs you are a bad ass, I forgot.

Anyway, what I have seen thus far (since all the negative nancies brought this game to my attention) is pretty cool.  I, for one, am glad they are having a sale.

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

In order to be insulted, I must first value your opinion.

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Like it or don't, wish it well or wish it ill... doesn't really matter. Celebrating the anniversary of the end of the initial crowdfunding campaign is a silly contrived sales gimmick that only the blindest of blind fanboys (or those hoping to cash in on it with referral links just like this OP did before it got moderated out) could defend as a legitimate event.

Why do SC threads get so much flaming? Because of disingenuous shit like this.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

Iselin said:
    Like it or don't, wish it well or wish it ill... doesn't really matter. Celebrating the anniversary of the end of the initial crowdfunding campaign is a silly contrived sales gimmick that only the blindest of blind fanboys (or those hoping to cash in on it with referral links just like this OP did before it got moderated out) could defend as a legitimate event.

Actually the $30 package that I posted the link to doesn't qualify for the referral bonus as someone that signs up needs to spend $40 for me to get the bonus. This was the last day and I was hoping that I could get as many new people that might have been on the fence to at least register which gets them the 5000 UEC and me nothing. 

whenever one of your recruits becomes an active player by purchasing a Game Package (with minimum value of $40 USD), you will get a Recruitment Point

• RIG4REDRIG4RED Member UncommonPosts: 58
    Dorchek said:
    They still currently have $30.00 discount starter packs available.

It all starts here, with your very own spacecraft. Blast off from your home planet into a vast galaxy of endless possibilities for adventure. Whether you’re fending off deadly Vanduul on the frontier or raiding hapless convoys in human space, you can get your start with your very own RSIAurora spacecraft.

Warning : Due to high popularity and because this offer is intended for new players, this Game Package CANNOTbe bought with Store Credit.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/Packages/Star-Citizen-Starter

[mod edit]
    The Star Citizen Recruitment Program allows you to invite friends to join the Star Citizen Project. Anyone registering with your personal code will automatically get 5,000 UEC to spend in Voyager Direct, and whenever one of your recruits becomes an active player by purchasing a Game Package (with minimum value of $40 USD), you will get a Recruitment Point. These Points unlock rewards automatically. See the full details here.

Update 29 Nov 15 08:30 PST - There are roughly 300 of the $30 anniversary starter packs left at this time. When these sell out the three lowest available starter pack are $45.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/Packages/Aurora-MR-AC-Starter
    https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/Packages/Mustang-Alpha-AC-Starter
    https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/Packages/Squadron-42-Preorder
    Dorchek, the latest SC Kool-Aid drinker.

Seriously, SC fanboi's are the most gullible crowd on the Internet.
    Hatefull said:
    Dorchek said:
    If you don't like Star Citizen there's nothing that I can say that will convince you otherwise. Good for you don't risk your money I'm not asking you to, just let me and those that do believe in this project continue to support it.
    That right there.  It amazes me that people with exactly zero interest in a game, or their only interest is in bashing the game continue to come to these threads and spout the same pointless crap over and over again.

I am into motorcycles, I restore them, I ride them, I talk about them etc etc.  When my buddies and I are standing in a bar talking about bikes, not once has anyone approached us, interjected themselves into our conversation to say: your bikes suck and you are a moron for riding them.

Part of the reason is; we go to where people that share our interests go to discuss our hobby, and the other part is, there would be a physical altercation. Obviously the latter is a physical improbability on a game forum board and it is a bad idea in general, but to the former it's simple; STFU and move along.  No one cares, nor should they care about your whining sniveling excuse for a contribution to a conversation.  Let the people that are interested talk.  Simple.  But ohh yeah on the interwebs you are a bad ass, I forgot.

Anyway, what I have seen thus far (since all the negative nancies brought this game to my attention) is pretty cool.  I, for one, am glad they are having a sale.
    Thank you. 
  • TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    Dorchek said:

Most Triple A titles takes five plus years of development unless they are just reusing their previous engine and updating graphics. We are getting an unprecedented view at watching this game in actual development. This is understandably hard for some people to accept. For me and a lot of others it's like getting to watch the car being built from the ground up while being able to provide feedback during the process.
    I dont understand how you can say "We are getting an unprecedented view at watching this game in actual development".  Can you give me some examples?  Is it the regular videos because many other games have done this during development.  Is it the forums because most games have forums for people to provide input during the games creation.  Is it the fact that Chris Roberts has said things and then gone back on those things? 

I dont understand how you can honestly say anything about this game is "unprecedented" other than the fact it is the biggest crowd funded game.  Both sides make some good points and it is sad to see some people refuse to acknowledge that.  The amount of people wearing blinders around this project is astounding and I'm talking about both sides.

"Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,295
    Talonsin said:
    I dont understand how you can say "We are getting an unprecedented view at watching this game in actual development".  Can you give me some examples?
    a) regular weekly written development reports
    b) regular monthly written studio reports (in GREAT detail, 20+ pages)
    c) collection of dev answers (thousands !)

all the following are paid for voluntarily by subscribers and do not take anything away from development

d) regular weekly video show with reports from the studio
    e) regular weekly video show about the community
    d) regular video Q&A from the studio boss ("10 for the Chairman")
    e) regular video Q&A from the departments ("10 for the Producers/Writers/Artists etc.)
    f) regular weekly video show about bug hunting in the code
    g) the Monthly magazine "Jump Point" for subscribers, with most of its articles later appearing on the official homepage for all people to read
    h) a Community Hub for collecting interesting fan videos/post/fiction/blogs/streams/podcasts etc.
    i) In depth articles on game mechanics
    j) Weekly digest form mail (if you want it)

In addition to that there is of course the regular official homepage with its forums and fluff text stories from the writers, its minigames like "Vanguard Force" and its "official" videos that you then see on gaming websites.

Have fun
  • TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    Erillion said:
    Talonsin said:
    I dont understand how you can say "We are getting an unprecedented view at watching this game in actual development".  Can you give me some examples?
    stuff
    All done by other games as well.  What is "unprecedented"?
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    edited November 2015
    I won't dig around the forum but I am pretty sure there was an anniversary sale last year already.
    And now they need more again..

So that means...

You ungrateful brutes stopped tossing money at this company.
    YOU WILL FACE THE WRATH OF THE MASTER!!!
    Harbinger of Fools
    Talonsin said:
    Dorchek said:

I dont understand how you can say "We are getting an unprecedented view at watching this game in actual development".  Can you give me some examples?  Is it the regular videos because many other games have done this during development.  Is it the forums because most games have forums for people to provide input during the games creation.  Is it the fact that Chris Roberts has said things and then gone back on those things? 

I dont understand how you can honestly say anything about this game is "unprecedented" other than the fact it is the biggest crowd funded game.  Both sides make some good points and it is sad to see some people refuse to acknowledge that.  The amount of people wearing blinders around this project is astounding and I'm talking about both sides.

I know of no Triple A title that has shown this much about the actual development of a game except for EQN. They started doing this because they saw how much attention and support that Star Citizen had garnered. And not only the videos but dev postings and topic dives. Most games only start showing stuff when they are 90% or more done. And I'm not just talking a trailer or two but actual the artist talking about art direction, writers expanding on lore, programmers talking about technical roadblocks and devs talking about gameplay focus.

This happens every week.

Most of the time what we get on video games is filtered second hand insider news that only highlights the good. When an SC dev gives or post a talking point that the community doesn't agree with there is immediate feedback on the forums. It is probably the most critical community out there because we want this game to be as good as possible.

I'm a firm believer in pointing out flaws that I see in SC. From simple design elements that don't make sense to game play directions that I have thought were critical flaws. I post actively on the SC boards under 611339 ( MORALES ). In fact I still in the middle of lambasting one of there ships that doesn't makes sense and would have a critical affect on gameplay of other ships.

Unprecedented.

Dude is walking around while the ship is moving in multiplayer. This is multiple players not developers. This equates to FPS combat and ship combat happing at the same time.

And if that didn't convince you this guy actually takes on a ship with an assault rifle.
  • Turrican187Turrican187 Member UncommonPosts: 787
    edited November 2015
    Dorchek said:
    Iselin said:

Actually the $30 package that I posted the link to doesn't qualify for the referral bonus as someone that signs up needs to spend $40 for me to get the bonus. This was the last day and I was hoping that I could get as many new people that might have been on the fence to at least register which gets them the 5000 UEC and me nothing. 

whenever one of your recruits becomes an active player by purchasing a Game Package (with minimum value of $40 USD), you will get a Recruitment Point

That's quite nice of you, well since you have to pay the starter pack with money and can not buy it with store credit >> cause before last Monday the old backers bought all starter packs just to get a $30 LTI token -> No new Backers welcome

When you have cake, it is not the cake that creates the most magnificent of experiences, but it is the emotions attached to it.
    The cake is a lie.

Erillion said:
    Talonsin said:

all the following are paid for voluntarily by subscribers and do not take anything away from development

e) regular video Q&A from the departments ("10 for the Producers/Writers/Artists etc.)
    g) the Monthly magazine "Jump Point" for subscribers, with most of its articles later appearing on the official homepage for all people to read
    h) a Community Hub for collecting interesting fan videos/post/fiction/blogs/streams/podcasts etc.

In addition to that there is of course the regular official homepage with its forums and fluff text stories from the writers, its minigames like "Vanguard Force" and its "official" videos that you then see on gaming websites.

Have fun
    Indeed that's alot and all of these cost money but the fans don't need a game anymore, they are playing "The Hype". If the game will release (disregarding of ignoring the floating point operation error all the time) it will just be a bonus on top of 8+ years of Hype.

When you have cake, it is not the cake that creates the most magnificent of experiences, but it is the emotions attached to it.
    The cake is a lie.

Dorchek said:

lahnmir said:
    Anniversary???  The game doesn't even exist and it's having Anniversarys?
    I can't help but think the same thing, the anniversary of nothing. Congratulations I guess, here is to another beautiful year of no game.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    Please do not compare a Crowdfund Company with the big ones, I worked many years for SOE and when a game is developed you don't work just on one game you do modules for all IPs. Let's be more specific, if a company says that Planetside has 270 devs, EverQuest2 - 350 and SWG - 300 > We were working with about 400 people on these 3 Games.
    On top of this big companies don't rely 100% on hype and money from the fans.
    You also can not compare SC with IPs like EQ cause 989 Studios wrote the game engine from scratch (in very nice spaghetti code but we had the 90s).
    Comparable projects would be ED or Crowfall.

The cake is a lie.

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,898
    Erillion said:
    Talonsin said:

Have fun
    All that and really nothing in the form of a playable demo.
  • spankybusspankybus Member UncommonPosts: 1,367
    Talonsin said:
    Erillion said:
    Talonsin said:
    stuff
    All done by other games as well.  What is "unprecedented"?
    Bulls**t, dude. Sorry, just complete rubbish.

Most developers tell you nothing at this level of granularity. No Man's Sky...updates ever few weeks/months, in the form of a coming soon video. Elite Dangerous...LOL

Fallout 4: Bethesda only announced it publicly within 6 months of their release window. They've been working on it for YEARS, but you only start getting info 6 months before it releases.

Witcher 3: Updates weeks/months apart, usually when they would tell us the delivery date was delayed.

Almost every developer on the planet tries to keep the specifics of what they are doing under the radar as long as they possibly can to avoid the crap that CIG is dealing with now. Can you imagine the crap Blizzard would have had to listen to if they announced WoW the same month they started initial development...for over 5 years! 

But please, give me a list of the other games with this kind of budget that are providing this degree of transparency...and I mean right from the start of development...when stuff is prototype and subject to an asssload of change, frequently broken and having to be completely redone a different way, etc...I am talking WEEKLY updates, in some cases, multiple times per week.

If you cannot provide the requested proof (that you yourself say exists), then you are completely talking out of your a**, like 90% of the other anonymous people on the interwebs and have no other intent here then being an argumentative git.

You put it out there, please back it up.

Frank 'Spankybus' Mignone
    www.spankybus.com
    -3d Artist & Compositor
    -Writer
    -Professional Amature

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    Dakeru said:
    I won't dig around the forum but I am pretty sure there was an anniversary sale last year already.
    And now they need more again..

So that means...

You ungrateful brutes stopped tossing money at this company.
    YOU WILL FACE THE WRATH OF THE MASTER!!!
    Heh yeah and it sold for $20, now its $30. They must be running out of funds /jk ;p
  • BrenicsBrenics Member RarePosts: 1,939
    The argument for a crowd funding game or we really should change it to gamer's funding is a lot different than a big company making a game. Roberts has to do everything he can to keep funding coming in. He also has a commitment to let the gamer's know where their money is going. 

But now after 90m+ given to him from gamer's it seems the most important thing at this time is getting even more money. Really doesn't take a rocket scientist to see he really needs more funding. But in same aspect he isn't actually showing a lot and it has already been stated he has no game to really show (see @Erillion)

Personally if he would of came out during CitizenCon and showed a working engine built from the CryEngine I and many others would have been impressed. Yes it takes between 2 to 3 years just to build a game engine. Plus if he would have built an engine making the game would really hit high gear in making it. 

I really feel sorry for you guys if funding drys up and that will mean you are all SOL. Right now it looks like he is still trying to make that engine. He also lost a top developer of the CryEngine and rumors say he is going to lose more of those developers after the holiday's. Time will tell. 
    I'm not perfect but I'm always myself!

Star Citizen – The Extinction Level Event

4/13/15 > ELE has been updated look for 16-04-13.

http://www.dereksmart.org/2016/04/star-citizen-the-ele/

Enjoy and know the truth always comes to light!

• PhaserlightPhaserlight Member EpicPosts: 3,071
    edited November 2015
    Someone on the RSI website must have said "go forth and shill"...

This game has been a thing for like, a long time now. This isn't exactly thunderclap news.

I will admit to taking a look at the sale on the website, all the different choices at the accommodatingly tiered price points (I can't figure out the "Warlock": what is it is I'm looking at? An airlock? An airlock on a ship? Is that somehow the ship in its mooring, hiding in plain sight?) and thought: they are selling concepts much faster than they are completing them.

Here's my Nostradamus moment for today: this game will launch without all the ships that have been sold; possibly only a small fraction will have been completed.

"The simple is the seal of the true and beauty is the splendor of truth" -Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar
    Authored 139 missions in Vendetta Online and 6 tracks in Distance

Brenics said:
    The argument for a crowd funding game or we really should change it to gamer's funding is a lot different than a big company making a game. Roberts has to do everything he can to keep funding coming in. He also has a commitment to let the gamer's know where their money is going. 

But now after 90m+ given to him from gamer's it seems the most important thing at this time is getting even more money. Really doesn't take a rocket scientist to see he really needs more funding. But in same aspect he isn't actually showing a lot and it has already been stated he has no game to really show (see @Erillion)

Personally if he would of came out during CitizenCon and showed a working engine built from the CryEngine I and many others would have been impressed. Yes it takes between 2 to 3 years just to build a game engine. Plus if he would have built an engine making the game would really hit high gear in making it. 

I really feel sorry for you guys if funding drys up and that will mean you are all SOL. Right now it looks like he is still trying to make that engine. He also lost a top developer of the CryEngine and rumors say he is going to lose more of those developers after the holiday's. Time will tell. 
    I've posted 7 or 8 videos in this very posting of people playing alpha 2.0. These are backers of the game playing the game not developers. He also showed a video of alpha 2.0 in the last citizen con. This meets your self stated criteria.
  • BrenicsBrenics Member RarePosts: 1,939
    Dorchek said:
    Brenics said:

I've posted 7 or 8 videos in this very posting of people playing alpha 2.0. These are backers of the game playing the game not developers. He also showed a video of alpha 2.0 in the last citizen con. This meets your self stated criteria.
    Sorry those are just mods no real game, you really can only call it at the most a pre pre alpha. If you are connected to the game ask CR to put a video up of the engine they have to build game. Bet you there is none other than the CryEngine which can not make the game CR said he is making. I know I would be interested in watching what his engine can do with a space sim. 

He has done a lot of work on the game he wants but at the most he did digital stuff with famous people. Made some small movies to show the game he wants to build. I think it would be a game I would like to play but there is nothing I see that can be worth paying for let alone calling it a game.
    I'm not perfect but I'm always myself!

Star Citizen – The Extinction Level Event

4/13/15 > ELE has been updated look for 16-04-13.

http://www.dereksmart.org/2016/04/star-citizen-the-ele/

Enjoy and know the truth always comes to light!

Brenics said:
    Dorchek said:
    Brenics said:

Sorry those are just mods no real game, you really can only call it at the most a pre pre alpha. If you are connected to the game ask CR to put a video up of the engine they have to build game. Bet you there is none other than the CryEngine which can not make the game CR said he is making. I know I would be interested in watching what his engine can do with a space sim. 

He has done a lot of work on the game he wants but at the most he did digital stuff with famous people. Made some small movies to show the game he wants to build. I think it would be a game I would like to play but there is nothing I see that can be worth paying for let alone calling it a game.
    CryEngine is the source engine they have been using and have always said they will use. They hired a staff made up of former CryEngine employees in Germany to make CryEngine be able to make this game. It is not "just a mod" they have added a whole new approach to the physics grid, damage states and have exponentially increased the amount of area that you can utilize within Cryengine.

The Frankfurt team is almost exclusively dedicated to making CryEngine do things that CryEngine isn't doing with their own engine.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    Erillion said:
    Viper482 said:
    Again, I have no problem with the game not being finished yet.....just stop asking me for more money when you are bringing in record millions.
    Viper ... you should really go into your SC account settings and simple switch off the e-mail notification option if you do not like the mails. And i am not sure what mails from CIG YOU get, because I get ONE mail per week in digest format. And that does NOT contain any ship ads, but a list of the articles that have been published on the official SC homepage this week.

And to those who ask "What anniversary ?!" ...
    Its the 3 year anniversary of the successful Kickstarter campaign of Star Citizen (November 19th, 2012)
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cig/star-citizen/description

Have fun

Celebrating the 3rd anniversary of the kickstarter is as lame as your wife or GF wanting you to take them out or buy them something for the anniversary of the first time you went on a date.

It's an image thing, right now they seem interested mostly in coming up with more ways to raise money.  Will there ever be a point where they say "thank you folks, we have the money to deliver the game we've envisioned., and they'll quit holding their hand ?

What's next, a holiday telethon or "run for the game" event?

Just because they can continue to take in the money (or fleece the suckers, depending on your viewpoint) doesn't mean they should, especially if they really don't need it.  

It's a question of ethics.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon