Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wild West MMO

2»

Comments

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 7,413
    SEANMCAD said:
    Scorchien said:
    yes .. no need to step back ..
    ok..yeah that makes zero sense.

an MMO is polically sensitive but a tactical game is not.

yeah your going to need to expand on that a bit
    I dont need to expand on anyhting , if you need the differences between a single player tactical game and an MMOrpg explained to you , you are in the wrong forums..
  • SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    Scorchien said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    Scorchien said:
    yes .. no need to step back ..
    ok..yeah that makes zero sense.

an MMO is polically sensitive but a tactical game is not.

yeah your going to need to expand on that a bit
    I dont need to expand on anyhting , if you need the differences between a single player tactical game and an MMOrpg explained to you , you are in the wrong forums..
    I am unclear what those difference have to do with poltical concerns but whatever bro

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

• Charlie.CheswickCharlie.Cheswick Member UncommonPosts: 469
    SEANMCAD said:
    Baitness said:
    I can't figure out what it is I do not like about westerns.  They have so much in common with other things I do like - there are heroes, villains, weapons and competitions of skill, a dangerous environment.  Hell, you take a western and paint in a scifi skin and that is a movie I will enjoy.  Take a western and repaint it as a medieval epic and I want to watch it.

Anyways, I do not know if there are other people like me and that is limiting the potential customer base, or if maybe you know exactly what it is that I don't get about westerns, but damn I wish I understood it.
    perhaps. 
    I also dont know how the genre goes internationally. It is specific to America which might affect decisions on the subject. plus anything with Native Americans can get legally dicey one has to be careful on that front
    The mythologized "Wild West" is actually decently popular world wide. And quit a few "Native Americans" actually find the term "Native American" offensive as the whole "America" thing has fuck all to do with their tribal culture, and in fact is kind of the antithesis of it.

That said I don't think a wild west setting would be a major draw for an MMO, though it could work as a smaller indie MMORPG. Worries about stepping on cultural toes aside, the main issue you are going to have to deal with when using a real world type setting is .. well .. realism. Are guns going to be properly lethal, or will combat turn into another "bullet sponge" fest where the Shootout at the O.K. Corral turns out to be about as lethal as a vigorous snowball fight?

I personally think the WW setting would work great for a sandbox survival type game.

"Well, finally Irving got three slugs in the belly.
    It was right outside the Frontier Deli.
    He was sittin' there twirlin' his gun around,
    And butterfingers Irving gunned himself down!"

142nd fastest gun in the west, if memory serves?
    -Chuckles
  • DaikuruDaikuru Member RarePosts: 797
    I think Trigun would work great as an MMO. :pleased: 

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

- Albert Einstein