Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Citizen Anniversary Sale

Comments

• DorchekDorchek Member UncommonPosts: 33

BigRambo said:
    Anniversary for Star Citizen?   Heh, never stops to amaze me, and not in a good way.  I bet those "sales" numbers are fake just to create some false hype.  I'll start respecting the game when they stop doing some stupid moves such as this and work on releasing the game instead. Until then, SC remains a joke, I got more respect for the 76ers record losing streak.  By the way, by the time SC releases (If that ever happens), Elite: Dangerous will be 10x better with a well established reputation.  Sorry in advance if I'm butt hurting some fanbois, your funny advertisements just makes the situation even more pathetic and doesn't help SC's cause at all. If it were Blizzard in charge, it would have been a sealed tight secret just like project Titan.  Every time I read a new thread or some "news" about SC I just laugh. Everything about it is a joke. Star Citizen's Devs / Execs better start shutting up because they are rapidly becoming a laughing stock in the gaming world with absolutely no credibility.    
    Your'e right, if it were Blizzard in charge we wouldn't know anything about the game and then it would get cancelled after seven years of development. I enjoy the constant development updates and having the opportunity to provide feedback to CiG about that development. 

Elite: Dangerous is gorgeous but lacks the first person experience that I have always wanted in a space game and that makes these two games completely different for me. To me E:D is a gorgeous MOBA that appeals to hardcore PvPers which I am not. SC is a full fledged environment that will offer more than just PvP.
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,065
    Dorchek said:
    Look I don't normally do this but I honestly believe in this project. GTA V cost over 250 million and almost half that was advertising. I and many others felt ripped off by that game but I didn't see pitchforks. Games are made for profit not altruism.

This is a much more ambitious game than anything we've seen before and that takes money. If you don't like Star Citizen there's nothing that I can say that will convince you otherwise. Good for you don't risk your money I'm not asking you to, just let me and those that do believe in this project continue to support it.
    Who felt ripped off my GTA 5? lol. First of all.....we did not fund GTA 5, we simply purchased it when it was finished and came out. And it is a great game in most people's opinion. Star Citizen on the other hand, took our money we gave them in good faith and basically used it to draw a bunch of concept art to sell people for hundreds of dollars with the promise it would one day become pixelated. I am tired of them asking for more money, I am tired of people who defend this crap while dishing out thousands to them. I am tired of them putting out one little stupid thing at a time. I tried to get my money back and they refused, now I can just hope it turns out to be what they promised.
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
    goboygo said:
    Dorchek said:

lahnmir said:
    Anniversary???  The game doesn't even exist and it's having Anniversarys?
    I can't help but think the same thing, the anniversary of nothing. Congratulations I guess, here is to another beautiful year of no game.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    Most Triple A titles takes five plus years of development unless they are just reusing their previous engine and updating graphics. We are getting an unprecedented view at watching this game in actual development. This is understandably hard for some people to accept. For me and a lot of others it's like getting to watch the car being built from the ground up while being able to provide feedback during the process.

Don't cloud the argument with facts, there are too many people making a full time career out of slamming something they don't understand. And there are plenty of empty headed people to jump on the bandwagon.  People that don't know how to do their own research and just pull everything from someone else posts.  Just because someone plays games doesn't mean they know jack squat about making them.  But for some bizarre reason they think they do.

You sound like a politician. So because people disagree with you they are ignorant, "empty headed" which is just a "nice" way of saying brainless, and bandwagoners. We also do not know how to use google and we plagiarize others' posts. To top it off we are also apparently delusional because we only play games, we don't make them. All of this because our opinion differs from yours. Wow dude. Typically this is a sign of an insecure person. If you cannot post facts to refute what people are saying, don't post at all. You just attacked everyone and did not address our opinions. So do you make games or do you just play as well? Then how would YOU know? You have an opinion just like everyone else here. Though I don't know what it is other than you think we are all drooling buffoons.

And for the record I am a backer, from the beginning. So excuse me if I tell you I have a right to not be satisfied with the direction I have seen this go. You do not get to tell me how to think, but I will sell you that right for the $60 I spent on this game. Cash only, no checks.

• holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,772
    edited November 2015
    Dorchek said:

BigRambo said:
    Anniversary for Star Citizen?   Heh, never stops to amaze me, and not in a good way.  I bet those "sales" numbers are fake just to create some false hype.  I'll start respecting the game when they stop doing some stupid moves such as this and work on releasing the game instead. Until then, SC remains a joke, I got more respect for the 76ers record losing streak.  By the way, by the time SC releases (If that ever happens), Elite: Dangerous will be 10x better with a well established reputation.  Sorry in advance if I'm butt hurting some fanbois, your funny advertisements just makes the situation even more pathetic and doesn't help SC's cause at all. If it were Blizzard in charge, it would have been a sealed tight secret just like project Titan.  Every time I read a new thread or some "news" about SC I just laugh. Everything about it is a joke. Star Citizen's Devs / Execs better start shutting up because they are rapidly becoming a laughing stock in the gaming world with absolutely no credibility.    
    Your'e right, if it were Blizzard in charge we wouldn't know anything about the game and then it would get cancelled after seven years of development. I enjoy the constant development updates and having the opportunity to provide feedback to CiG about that development. 

Elite: Dangerous is gorgeous but lacks the first person experience that I have always wanted in a space game and that makes these two games completely different for me. To me E:D is a gorgeous MOBA that appeals to hardcore PvPers which I am not. SC is a full fledged environment that will offer more than just PvP.
    "SC is a full fledged environment that will offer more than just PvP."

Currently SC is just an idea.  You can't compare the two because E:D is an actual game, unlike SC.

Roberts can promise the stars but until he actually delivers, nobody knows what the actual game will be like.
    Viper482 said:
    Dorchek said:
    Look I don't normally do this but I honestly believe in this project. GTA V cost over 250 million and almost half that was advertising. I and many others felt ripped off by that game but I didn't see pitchforks. Games are made for profit not altruism.

This is a much more ambitious game than anything we've seen before and that takes money. If you don't like Star Citizen there's nothing that I can say that will convince you otherwise. Good for you don't risk your money I'm not asking you to, just let me and those that do believe in this project continue to support it.
    Who felt ripped off my GTA 5? lol. First of all.....we did not fund GTA 5, we simply purchased it when it was finished and came out. And it is a great game in most people's opinion. Star Citizen on the other hand, took our money we gave them in good faith and basically used it to draw a bunch of concept art to sell people for hundreds of dollars with the promise it would one day become pixelated. I am tired of them asking for more money, I am tired of people who defend this crap while dishing out thousands to them. I am tired of them putting out one little stupid thing at a time. I tried to get my money back and they refused, now I can just hope it turns out to be what they promised.
    I sorry you feel that way. I however feel differently. I already posted links to pages of people that felt ripped off by GTA V and the same thing is starting to happen to Fallout 4 as main story game play feels short and replayability feels non existent. These are my feelings and the feelings of a healthy amount of people online. I loved both games but they seemed short as if huge chunks of story line was dumped in order to achieve a developers release date.

I also hope that SC turns out like they promise. The way to guarantee that it doesn't is to cut off development funding and force them to release a dumbed down version of their full release plan to the general populace as a full game. If that happens it will be critically panned and die.
  • BrenicsBrenics Member RarePosts: 1,939
    I laugh at how these people keep comparing CR and CIG to big companies. OK you guys want to say it takes 5 years for games to get made. Let us take that argument and look at what maybe we should of seen at CitizenCon (still can't get over what they called it, it's so true).

At the three year mark the one thing they should have showed is the remodeled engine they created from the Cryengine. Normally it takes 2 to 3 years to create a engine for a game. Unless you create one from ground up, which could take longer. We all know he used the Cryengine. Let's take another game I believe will never see the light of day, Everquest Next, one thing they did was show what their engine could do. Yes they actually have a engine they created for the game. Something CR couldn't do or refused to do! So why didn't he show this engine after 3 years of taking money and saying they were creating the game? I would love to hear Roberts take on that one. 

I also have to thank @Erillion for finally admitting SC does not have a game yet! Only to me what seems to be some pre-alpha mod.

It is amazing how much money this guy has raked in after 3 years (some may say 4 years) and still has nothing to really show for it. The one thing backers should do is get together and tell CR to actually show a working modified engine that they will use to create the game. Until then it is only reasonable to not put another cent to this game until they show something.

Of course this is only my opinion, so take this for what it is worth. Also I would love to see the game made, but I also don't think CR is going to be the one to make it. He is a good visionary but as a CEO to direct the show he just isn't the right pick. Then with his wife Sandi behind him, it does seem like she is pushing him into getting more money instead of actually telling him to stop and stay on track. Remember good developers always have good people around them to support their vision but also to keep them on track. Something that isn't being done, all this keeps looking like is a money grab or a scam like I believe it is. 

I always had faith in gamer's to do the right thing so we keep getting better games but clearly that isn't happening with SC! 
    I'm not perfect but I'm always myself!

Star Citizen – The Extinction Level Event

4/13/15 > ELE has been updated look for 16-04-13.

http://www.dereksmart.org/2016/04/star-citizen-the-ele/

Enjoy and know the truth always comes to light!

Dorchek said:

BigRambo said:

Currently SC is just an idea.  You can't compare the two because E:D is an actual game, unlike SC.

Roberts can promise the stars but until he actually delivers, nobody knows what the actual game will be like.
    You're right I should have said "will be" not "is". I feel I can compare the two because I read as much of the developer's post as I can. There will be lots of beneficial non-combat game play because this is something that these developers are actually interested in along with it being part of the core vision of this game.
    Brenics said:
    I laugh at how these people keep comparing CR and CIG to big companies. OK you guys want to say it takes 5 years for games to get made. Let us take that argument and look at what maybe we should of seen at CitizenCon (still can't get over what they called it, it's so true).

At the three year mark the one thing they should have showed is the remodeled engine they created from the Cryengine. Normally it takes 2 to 3 years to create a engine for a game. Unless you create one from ground up, which could take longer. We all know he used the Cryengine. Let's take another game I believe will never see the light of day, Everquest Next, one thing they did was show what their engine could do. Yes they actually have a engine they created for the game. Something CR couldn't do or refused to do! So why didn't he show this engine after 3 years of taking money and saying they were creating the game? I would love to hear Roberts take on that one. 

I also have to thank @Erillion for finally admitting SC does not have a game yet! Only to me what seems to be some pre-alpha mod.

It is amazing how much money this guy has raked in after 3 years (some may say 4 years) and still has nothing to really show for it. The one thing backers should do is get together and tell CR to actually show a working modified engine that they will use to create the game. Until then it is only reasonable to not put another cent to this game until they show something.

Of course this is only my opinion, so take this for what it is worth. Also I would love to see the game made, but I also don't think CR is going to be the one to make it. He is a good visionary but as a CEO to direct the show he just isn't the right pick. Then with his wife Sandi behind him, it does seem like she is pushing him into getting more money instead of actually telling him to stop and stay on track. Remember good developers always have good people around them to support their vision but also to keep them on track. Something that isn't being done, all this keeps looking like is a money grab or a scam like I believe it is. 

I always had faith in gamer's to do the right thing so we keep getting better games but clearly that isn't happening with SC! 

Dorchek said:
    Dorchek said:

BigRambo said:

You're right I should have said "will be" not "is". I feel I can compare the two because I read as much of the developer's post as I can. There will be lots of beneficial non-combat game play because this is something that these developers are actually interested in along with it being part of the core vision of this game.
    But can't we really say CR isn't a developer but more of an idea man? So how can you compare him to any other developer? Also CR has never in his life created a game on his own! He was always the guy behind the scenes with great ideas but no real knowledge to create the game let alone translate it into code. There is the problem with your thinking. 

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Every week with Star Citizen has been an anniversary sale.

EMails....

Update #1 ....bla bla bla and oh yeah we have this new ship for sale.

Update#2....bla bla oh and btw we have another ship for sale.

Then it becomes comical because in many cases they just skip the formalities and right away a giant picture of some new ship for sale,then a bit of bla bla bla afterwards.

Then out comes some new public released video ,,more bla bla ,,thank you everyone for making this possible,without you the fans this could never be possible,oh and BTW ,we have this new ship for sale ...ROFLMAO.

If people can't see how blatantly lame this Chris Roberts guy,then i guess they deserve him.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,772
    Dorchek said:
    Dorchek said:

BigRambo said:

Hopefully.  If it actually ever gets made.

Personally, I'd love a next generation space MMO.  But everything about the way they've been raising funds just wreaks of scam to me.

Hopefully I'm wrong and the game actually gets made and it resembles the kind of game they are promising.
    edited November 2015
    Brenics said:
    Dorchek said:
    Dorchek said:

BigRambo said:

But can't we really say CR isn't a developer but more of an idea man? So how can you compare him to any other developer? Also CR has never in his life created a game on his own! He was always the guy behind the scenes with great ideas but no real knowledge to create the game let alone translate it into code. There is the problem with your thinking. 
    That is completely untrue. CR was an actual programmer and has actually made not just produced several games. As in all things time and job needs have pulled him away from that end of the industry and into the producer role. So no I don't expect CR to be sitting at a desk coding.

What I do expect is him to know what he is talking about and be able to hire the right people to do the job. This is why the Frankfurt office is made up of so many CryEngine guys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=104&v=yisaDxvBH9s
    http://imperialnews.network/2015/04/inside-cig-foundry-42-germany/
  • nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    lol .. anniversary of what? starting development and ask for more money?

If they actually release a game, i will take a look. It is not like there is a lack of entertainment and i have to resort to buying wishful thinking. 
  • Vada_GVada_G Member UncommonPosts: 85
    Dorchek said:
    Going all fanboy and disregarding common sense is bad.  Encouraging others to join you is even worse.  OP you look like a shill at worse and at best what's wrong with the MMORPG gaming community.

The funny thing is I don't feel all "fanboy" even though I am. I have posted some very critical opinions about certain direction on the SC forums. Fallout 4 for example is getting the most mixed reviews I have ever seen for a game. These reviews that could have been avoided if they had taken fan feed back in to consideration. This is something that SC actively does and probably the biggest reason that I am a fan of this project.
    You posted an ad for a game, I would say this qualifies you as a fanboy. This wasn't a response to someone asking a question, it was straight up an advertisement post.

I backed the game, I want to see it succeed. I can't wait to try out 2.0 when I get finished dealing with holidays and the Jan conventions. I refuse to be a blind fan however.

goboygo said:
    Don't cloud the argument with facts, there are too many people making a full time career out of slamming something they don't understand. And there are plenty of empty headed people to jump on the bandwagon.  People that don't know how to do their own research and just pull everything from someone else posts.  Just because someone plays games doesn't mean they know jack squat about making them.  But for some bizarre reason they think they do.

Quite a few of us on these forums do understand game development, business management, investments, etc. 

“Our job - and I'm building the team [Roberts Space Industries] around this, too - is to entertain our audience during the two years they'll be waiting for the game," he says. "We'll be giving them builds and portions of it much sooner than that, and they'll be getting multiple updates every single week... I want to make the journey, for everyone that backed it, as fun as the actual game. I want them to get to the point where they feel they got their money's worth before the finished game is actually released. That's a big priority for me. We're going to treat our backers essentially as we would a publisher, where you work towards milestones and then have a show-and-tell on the new features and the latest build. The community has financed the game, so it should get that level of respect....

...I'm confident now that we'll be able to compete with any AAA game out there,” he says. “I can't do what I did with Freelancer, or what id did with Rage, and take five years to release it. At that point, the moment in time will be gone. But in two years, it will be pretty great.” Roberts, Chris; Jones, Carl (13 December 2012). Star Citizen: "We'll compete with any AAA game out there"GamesIndustry.biz

The project has issues. Plain and simple. It hasn't met any milestones, any projections. They will need more revenue from selling ships, because at their current burn rate and track record along with multiple other factors (including CR's personal feelings towards publishers/investors after selling the Wing Commander IP) there are not a lot of investors left in the wings as CIG is essentially burning roi everyday.

TLDR: GTFB2W@CGI
    lol .. anniversary of what? starting development and ask for more money?

If they actually release a game, i will take a look. It is not like there is a lack of entertainment and i have to resort to buying wishful thinking. 
    Game development is changing and there are a number of alpha games on Steam that you are in development that people can support. Historically non big developer titles were overlooked and died in development because of lack of funding. The ones that have manage to produce a game usually had to release crappy bugged out version with most of the features cut out. Those games essentially become demo reels for their next job interview.

I am tired of playing games that are either clones of other games or rehashes of franchises with one new game feature. I want new science fiction not science fantasy games. I want full fledged persistent multi player environments not MOBAs. Nobody is making the games that I want at the level that I want to see them.

This is why I support and promote Star Citizen.
    Vada_G said:
    Dorchek said:
    Going all fanboy and disregarding common sense is bad.  Encouraging others to join you is even worse.  OP you look like a shill at worse and at best what's wrong with the MMORPG gaming community.

The funny thing is I don't feel all "fanboy" even though I am. I have posted some very critical opinions about certain direction on the SC forums. Fallout 4 for example is getting the most mixed reviews I have ever seen for a game. These reviews that could have been avoided if they had taken fan feed back in to consideration. This is something that SC actively does and probably the biggest reason that I am a fan of this project.
    You posted an ad for a game, I would say this qualifies you as a fanboy. This wasn't a response to someone asking a question, it was straight up an advertisement post.

I backed the game, I want to see it succeed. I can't wait to try out 2.0 when I get finished dealing with holidays and the Jan conventions. I refuse to be a blind fan however.

goboygo said:

Quite a few of us on these forums do understand game development, business management, investments, etc. 

“Our job - and I'm building the team [Roberts Space Industries] around this, too - is to entertain our audience during the two years they'll be waiting for the game," he says. "We'll be giving them builds and portions of it much sooner than that, and they'll be getting multiple updates every single week... I want to make the journey, for everyone that backed it, as fun as the actual game. I want them to get to the point where they feel they got their money's worth before the finished game is actually released. That's a big priority for me. We're going to treat our backers essentially as we would a publisher, where you work towards milestones and then have a show-and-tell on the new features and the latest build. The community has financed the game, so it should get that level of respect....

...I'm confident now that we'll be able to compete with any AAA game out there,” he says. “I can't do what I did with Freelancer, or what id did with Rage, and take five years to release it. At that point, the moment in time will be gone. But in two years, it will be pretty great.” Roberts, Chris; Jones, Carl (13 December 2012). Star Citizen: "We'll compete with any AAA game out there"GamesIndustry.biz

The project has issues. Plain and simple. It hasn't met any milestones, any projections. They will need more revenue from selling ships, because at their current burn rate and track record along with multiple other factors (including CR's personal feelings towards publishers/investors after selling the Wing Commander IP) there are not a lot of investors left in the wings as CIG is essentially burning roi everyday.

TLDR: GTFB2W@CGI
    I say right in my post that I am a fanboy even though I don't feel like one. The reason I don't feel like one is because I am very critical on their forums. When I see something I believe is the wrong direction I am very vocal about it because I do want this game to succeed.
  • Charlie.CheswickCharlie.Cheswick Member UncommonPosts: 469
    Have to admit to being disappointed in this site in regard to it's community when it comes to the SC threads.

Stepping back, one sees an MMO enthusiast who starts a thread promoting his flavor of game, getting the word out as many do, wanting a game to be successful. A desire for a long & successful run for a beloved past time.

And what does our fellow hobbiest receive from his peers? A golden shower in the form of his fellow hobbiests hoping that his fun never materializes as well as these same peers inferring that he is a fool for investing himself in his hobby.

I have zero skin in this game. But there is no real proof that this game is having any game destroying issues. So why the negativity? Let the story unfold, you pseudo Nostradami. If it ends badly, that will be punishment enough for false hope, don't you think? If it succeeds, everyone wins. But actively trying to destroy someone elses pleasure leaves you all looking like some recessive vulture/troll genome mishap, flinging your poo at the world of the living in an attempt to make them just as sad & cynical as you.

To the OP: I'm not a backer but good luck on your game of choice. Enjoy.
    -Chuckles
  • GadzGadz Member UncommonPosts: 32
    i cant wait for the "Happy Birthday Chris Roberts" sale... the new ship for sale will be called the "CR100mil+J/KLOLz" and just be a black hole that sucks away your in game credits and shoots out promise photons that never land. I believe it will have coordinates already queued up in the nav computer set to many vacation destinations.
    Gadz said:
    i cant wait for the "Happy Birthday Chris Roberts" sale... the new ship for sale will be called the "CR100mil+J/KLOLz" and just be a black hole that sucks away your in game credits and shoots out promise photons that never land. I believe it will have coordinates already queued up in the nav computer set to many vacation destinations.
    But does it come with LTI?

Have to admit to being disappointed in this site in regard to it's community when it comes to the SC threads.

Stepping back, one sees an MMO enthusiast who starts a thread promoting his flavor of game, getting the word out as many do, wanting a game to be successful. A desire for a long & successful run for a beloved past time.

And what does our fellow hobbiest receive from his peers? A golden shower in the form of his fellow hobbiests hoping that his fun never materializes as well as these same peers inferring that he is a fool for investing himself in his hobby.

I have zero skin in this game. But there is no real proof that this game is having any game destroying issues. So why the negativity? Let the story unfold, you pseudo Nostradami. If it ends badly, that will be punishment enough for false hope, don't you think? If it succeeds, everyone wins. But actively trying to destroy someone elses pleasure leaves you all looking like some recessive vulture/troll genome mishap, flinging your poo at the world of the living in an attempt to make them just as sad & cynical as you.

Thank you.

Even though it was said by CR a long time ago he was making an MMO, it was also stated later he was not making an MMO. Which calls into question why is this game even talked about and advertised on an MMO forums? Don't misunderstand I could careless if it is on this forums but we should get it defined once and for all if he is also making an MMO with this so called game. Or should I say games, what he started with it was only going to be a space sim which all of us would love to play (what he originally said he was making sounded interesting to me) but then he went all weird and started taking about multiple games. Which is exactly the problem CR has in every game he has been connected with. Someone really needs to reel him in. Like I said before this is the first game he is making by himself and had full control. 

• GadzGadz Member UncommonPosts: 32
    Dorchek said:
    Gadz said:
    But does it come with LTI?
    I dont know what LTI is.. but i am glad you took this as a joke. Most people here do not understand jokes or sarcasm. Im not a backer to this game and wont be for any game until i try it out first alpha, beta, or release.. just my personal preference.. I have been burned too many times.

that being said.. I hope the game happens. it would be nice to see the mmorpg market take a step in the right direction. if you wanna help fund it.. knock yourself out. I wish you the best of luck

however im still gonna make jokes.. bad and good ones about it.

i put this last line in for the forum users that research past posts to try to get dirt on others so they can feel like they are master investigators and have people "figured out".
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    goboygo said:
    Dorchek said:

lahnmir said:
    Anniversary???  The game doesn't even exist and it's having Anniversarys?
    I can't help but think the same thing, the anniversary of nothing. Congratulations I guess, here is to another beautiful year of no game.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    Most Triple A titles takes five plus years of development unless they are just reusing their previous engine and updating graphics. We are getting an unprecedented view at watching this game in actual development. This is understandably hard for some people to accept. For me and a lot of others it's like getting to watch the car being built from the ground up while being able to provide feedback during the process.

Then please don't cloud the argument with a bunch of assumptions. There is no slamming going on here, not in my or @Holdenhamlet his/her post. We just consider it strange that there is an anniversary of something that does not exist yet, not hard to understand at all. I even get the proces of following a game being created, read my other post somewhere above.

Your post on the other hand talks about empty headed people and is therefor much more hostile then anything you are quoting, you being the unfriendly one just stapling a couple of assumptions together and calling it a post. You know jack squat about how I feel about the game. But for some bizarre reason you think you do.

So, to be absolutely clear, I would LOVE for SC to succeed. If they can deliver what they promise it will be amazing. And I am not just talking about the final product but also the road taken to get there. For now they haven't delivered a game at all and there is this constant selling of virtual stuff for a universe no one knows yet or this absurd anniversary thing. Cut the crap, create the game, I will play it if it's good.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir

'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

Brenics said:

Even though it was said by CR a long time ago he was making an MMO, it was also stated later he was not making an MMO. Which calls into question why is this game even talked about and advertised on an MMO forums? Don't misunderstand I could careless if it is on this forums but we should get it defined once and for all if he is also making an MMO with this so called game. Or should I say games, what he started with it was only going to be a space sim which all of us would love to play (what he originally said he was making sounded interesting to me) but then he went all weird and started taking about multiple games. Which is exactly the problem CR has in every game he has been connected with. Someone really needs to reel him in. Like I said before this is the first game he is making by himself and had full control. 
    "Even though it was said by CR a long time ago he was making an MMO, it was also stated later he was not making an MMO. Which calls into question why is this game even talked about and advertised on an MMO forums? Don't misunderstand I could careless if it is on this forums but we should get it defined once and for all if he is also making an MMO with this so called game."

Star Citizen has always been an MMO and Squadron 42 has always been the single player game that is attached to it. CR never said that SC wasn't an MMO he has said that it wasn't an RPG. By not an RPG what he meant was that there are no character stats or skill trees that you can level up like in most RPG.

That did cause some confusion but it has always been stated that there would never be any character stats/skills. Personally I don't think that is what defines an RPG for me. I think any game that immerses you in role is essentially an RPG whether it has stats/skills you can level or not.

"Or should I say games, what he started with it was only going to be a space sim which all of us would love to play (what he originally said he was making sounded interesting to me) but then he went all weird and started taking about multiple games."

Squadron 42 and the Persistent Universe have always been part of the plan. Arena Commander and Star Marine are essentially tech test beds for them to work out all the bugs with the aid of the public. Star Marine was delayed because of netcode issues and it was decided that it was easier to integrate everything into Alpha 2.0 instead of having to redo it all later.

These are development puzzle pieces that work as seemingly separate games but really are all necessary to build to PU. Games aren't built in one whole piece. The separate major pieces of a game are built then integrated together. We are essentially getting to play with what other games would never even show you. 

"Which is exactly the problem CR has in every game he has been connected with. Someone really needs to reel him in. Like I said before this is the first game he is making by himself and had full control."

And this is where I fundamentally disagree. This exactly the great thing about CR. If this had gone through an established Triple A developer then we would have gotten well Elite: Dangerous. There's nothing wrong with E:D. I loved the X-Wing series and E:D brings the feel of those kinds of games up to date with stunning graphics and decent game play.

But I'm past that and want a game that is shooting for more than just reskinning the past with something prettier. I want a real leap forward and unfortunately most developers are risk adverse.
    Again, I have no problem with the game not being finished yet.....just stop asking me for more money when you are bringing in record millions.