Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Was digging through my garage when I found these two MMO gems.

Comments

• HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411
    Freebies?
  • nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    I remember Tabula Rasa. It probably would last longer if it is made more like a online shooter. 
  • mmoguy43mmoguy43 Member UncommonPosts: 2,770
    edited November 2015
    Not gems anymore. Still could be used as drink coasters.
  • sludgebeardsludgebeard Member RarePosts: 788
    Horusra said:
    Freebies?
    Haha these things are priceless to me. The Tabula Rasa case includes alot of cool stuff.

• Planetary Field Guide - Serves as a lore/game compendium with concept art and production boards.
    • Planetary Atlas - Show's all the zones for each planet and gives locations of big hub areas and missions.
    • NCsoft 10th anniversary booklet - Shows off the catelogue of NCsoft games, also includes trial codes for each game and friend codes to give out for 14 day trials. 

• strawhat0981strawhat0981 Member RarePosts: 1,198
    By digging through the garage, do you mean getting it off your shelf to show us? 

Originally posted by laokoko
    "if you want to be a game designer, you should sell your house and fund your game. Since if you won't even fund your own game, no one will".

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519
    Nice investment you got there.   :3

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

By digging through the garage, do you mean getting it off your shelf to show us? 
    Haha they were great games, but Im not looking to make my bookshelf into an MMO graveyard lol
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Funny thing is those were released as finished games and no cash shop,imagine that.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

DMKano said:
    I remember Tabula Rasa. It probably would last longer if it is made more like a online shooter. 

Actually the original iteration (the fantasy Tabula Rasa with unicorns) was way better IMO - had some really cool concepts like evolving weapons. NCSOFT swooped it and had a fantasy MMORPG changed into an alien invasion shooter instead. ....

The problem is that they did not do the shooter part of the game well. If they are going to change it to a shooter, they should have gone all in, and do a proper shooter. 
  • mrrshann618mrrshann618 Member UncommonPosts: 279
    I loved Tabula Rasa even with all the bugs. The whole schoolyard fight between  Garriott and NCSoft made me simply stay away from 99% of all NCsoft games. I would have loved to see it develop further.
    Play what you Like. I like SWOTR, Have a referral to get you going!
    -->  http://www.swtor.com/r/nBndbs  <--
    Several Unlocks and a few days game time to make the F2P considerably easier
  • TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,549
    SWG was a gem, not tabula rasa. IMO

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,003
    DMKano said:

Actually the original iteration (the fantasy Tabula Rasa with unicorns) was way better IMO - had some really cool concepts like evolving weapons. NCSOFT swooped it and had a fantasy MMORPG changed into an alien invasion shooter instead. ....

I agree, it looked a lot more original as well. Not sure how large the fan base would have been but I bet they would have been loyal as it was very unique.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
    Sovrath said:
    DMKano said:

I agree, it looked a lot more original as well. Not sure how large the fan base would have been but I bet they would have been loyal as it was very unique.
    How is a FANTASY mmorpg more original than an alien invasion MMO? How many fantasy mmorpgs are there? How many alien invasion mmos are there?
    Sovrath said:
    DMKano said:

I feel like the Fantasy TR would have bridged a much needed gap between Eastern and West Audiences. 

It had enough of that Eastern flair, with the martial art's fighting styles and the weird graphics to make it appealing to them.