Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Citizen Anniversary Sale

DorchekDorchek Member UncommonPosts: 33
edited November 2015 in Star Citizen
They still currently have $30.00 discount starter packs available.

It all starts here, with your very own spacecraft. Blast off from your home planet into a vast galaxy of endless possibilities for adventure. Whether you’re fending off deadly Vanduul on the frontier or raiding hapless convoys in human space, you can get your start with your very own RSIAurora spacecraft.

Warning : Due to high popularity and because this offer is intended for new players, this Game Package CANNOTbe bought with Store Credit.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/Packages/Star-Citizen-Starter

[mod edit]
The Star Citizen Recruitment Program allows you to invite friends to join the Star Citizen Project. Anyone registering with your personal code will automatically get 5,000 UEC to spend in Voyager Direct, and whenever one of your recruits becomes an active player by purchasing a Game Package (with minimum value of $40 USD), you will get a Recruitment Point. These Points unlock rewards automatically. See the full details here.

Update 29 Nov 15 08:30 PST - There are roughly 300 of the $30 anniversary starter packs left at this time. When these sell out the three lowest available starter pack are $45.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/Packages/Aurora-MR-AC-Starter
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/Packages/Mustang-Alpha-AC-Starter
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/Packages/Squadron-42-Preorder
Post edited by Vaross on

Comments

• BrenicsBrenics Member RarePosts: 1,939
    Yep this is all about the money isn't it? I really would love to see the books, wonder how much cash they still have on hand. If they actually have a lot of the 90m left why do they need to keep the selling as top priority? 
    I'm not perfect but I'm always myself!

Star Citizen – The Extinction Level Event

4/13/15 > ELE has been updated look for 16-04-13.

http://www.dereksmart.org/2016/04/star-citizen-the-ele/

Enjoy and know the truth always comes to light!

• DorchekDorchek Member UncommonPosts: 33
    Look I don't normally do this but I honestly believe in this project. GTA V cost over 250 million and almost half that was advertising. I and many others felt ripped off by that game but I didn't see pitchforks. Games are made for profit not altruism.

This is a much more ambitious game than anything we've seen before and that takes money. If you don't like Star Citizen there's nothing that I can say that will convince you otherwise. Good for you don't risk your money I'm not asking you to, just let me and those that do believe in this project continue to support it.
  • johnismejohnisme Member UncommonPosts: 110
    Nobody i know feels ripped off by grand theft auto 5,just your post which means nothing.
    johnisme said:
    Nobody i know feels ripped off by grand theft auto 5,just your post which means nothing.
    I finished it in four or five days and did a bunch of side quest. There are a bunch of people that agree it was too short.

https://www.google.com/search?q=gta+v+too+short&newwindow=1&rlz=1C1CHFX_enUS557US557&espv=2&ei=3qtaVuH4L5LGogSEzK_gDA&start=10&sa=N&biw=1920&bih=979

The online play was just bad.

https://www.google.com/search?newwindow=1&rlz=1C1CHFX_enUS557US557&espv=2&biw=1920&bih=979&q=gta+v+online+terrible&spell=1&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiTt6XfkbXJAhWWW4gKHR6tBwcQvwUIGygA

I'm glad you and your friends enjoyed it. I really liked the single player campaign I would have liked it a lot more if the game didn't feel like it skipped fifty percent of a movie and jumped to the end.

That's my feeling. Once again not here to debate or try to convince anyone.
  • holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,772
    Anniversary???  The game doesn't even exist and it's having Anniversarys?
    It's the anniversary of the kickstarter and beginning of development.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/15067-AnniVERSEary-Sale-Kickoff

Happy birthday, everyone! Three years ago, Star Citizen’s initial crowd funding campaign wrapped up with an epic 24-hour livestream direct from Austin, Texas. Today, Star Citizen is being developed by four dedicated studios around the world… all thanks to the support provided by our backers! In honor of that support, we’re proud to kick our anniversary sale week off with a stream updating everyone on everything from Star Citizen Alpha 2.0 to progress on Squadron 42. Tune in today (or catch the replay) to find out what’s coming up for Star Citizen straight from Chris Roberts and the team. It has been a great year for the team at Cloud Imperium. Thank you to our incredible community for the support you’ve shown us. We’re very excited about the impending launch of Star Citizen Alpha 2.0 and sincerely hope you’ll be as proud of it as we are. This new update, complete with FPS, multi-crew and large world tech, will truly show the world how cool Star Citizen is going to be!

• lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    I can't help but think the same thing, the anniversary of nothing. Congratulations I guess, here is to another beautiful year of no game.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• BalianWolfieBalianWolfie Member UncommonPosts: 240
    So how much they paid you to do the advertisement?

Jokes aside, but really now?

So how much they paid you to do the advertisement?

Jokes aside, but really now?
    They paid me nothing. I stuck my foot in this door all on my own fully expecting to get it slammed on.

lahnmir said:
    I can't help but think the same thing, the anniversary of nothing. Congratulations I guess, here is to another beautiful year of no game.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    Most Triple A titles takes five plus years of development unless they are just reusing their previous engine and updating graphics. We are getting an unprecedented view at watching this game in actual development. This is understandably hard for some people to accept. For me and a lot of others it's like getting to watch the car being built from the ground up while being able to provide feedback during the process.
  • VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    Dorchek said:
    Look I don't normally do this but I honestly believe in this project...

This is a much more ambitious game than anything we've seen before and that takes money....
    By your own logic, the game won't get finished because it doesn't have even nearly enough money to do all that it promises.

Vrika said:
    Dorchek said:
    Look I don't normally do this but I honestly believe in this project...

This is a much more ambitious game than anything we've seen before and that takes money....
    By your own logic, the game won't get finished because it doesn't have even nearly enough money to do all that it promises.
    No... by not spending (wasting) money on advertising and continuing the crowd sourcing of funds the game is right on track with where it should be. The funding is currently at 98.5 million and set to break 100 within the next week or two.
  • marcusreidmarcusreid Member UncommonPosts: 4
    we as gamers can hope that Star Citizen succeeds, I've been gaming for 25 years now, I've seen much and been taken for a ride many times

Yes I am a kickstarter backer, what i've spent doesn't matter, compared to the many MMO's I've played over the years, but one thing I can be sure about, is if Chris Roberts and Star Citizen can scare the shit out of companies like EA and Ubisoft, and make them rethink their approaches, then what I've spent is worth it

We as gamers have been taken for a ride for far to long, it's about time things change and we get games we really want to play, and Star Citizen represents that to many, me included

Crais
    "Could'a,Would'a,Should'a"
  • HrimnirHrimnir Member RarePosts: 2,415
    Brenics said:
    Yep this is all about the money isn't it? I really would love to see the books, wonder how much cash they still have on hand. If they actually have a lot of the 90m left why do they need to keep the selling as top priority? 
    Derek, is that you?!!

"The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently."

- Friedrich Nietzsche

• lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    Dorchek said:

lahnmir said:

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    Most Triple A titles takes five plus years of development unless they are just reusing their previous engine and updating graphics. We are getting an unprecedented view at watching this game in actual development. This is understandably hard for some people to accept. For me and a lot of others it's like getting to watch the car being built from the ground up while being able to provide feedback during the process.
    No, I actually totally get it, I for instance am following Crowfall with great interest. But an anniversary for something unreleased and hardly shown is something completely different and will be met with an extreme amount of cynism and rightfully so.

I for one do not have a clue what there is to celebrate about Star Citizen. Well, except for the developers and the amount of money they have been able to gather maybe. I do know that any other game out there, released or not, would get burned to the ground for doing something like this yet Star Citizen gets a lot of free passes around these parts.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• Vada_GVada_G Member UncommonPosts: 85
    Can we merge this with the thread about SC asking for more money? I'm sorry, celebrating the anniversary of the first day you asked for money for an idea is just plain preposterous imo. 

• Angier2758Angier2758 Member UncommonPosts: 1,026
    Going all fanboy and disregarding common sense is bad.  Encouraging others to join you is even worse.  OP you look like a shill at worse and at best what's wrong with the MMORPG gaming community.

• CopperfieldCopperfield Member RarePosts: 654
    edited November 2015
    wait what?

They need more money ?

is there a working game yet or not?

keep buying pixel ships for 250 dollars.. and set the standart for sales in game industry.. good job supporters!!
  • TorgamaticTorgamatic Member UncommonPosts: 29
    Yes anniversary sale, great economic plan, keeps money flowing into the game for development. The game is still very early Pre-Alpha . The first iteration of the Persistent Universe (PU - got to be a better abbreviation) just released thanksgiving week in 2015. Personally HOPING for Beta some time LATE 2016, and full release 2017 early 2018. Remember You only need to get the starter ship package ($45 - I think ) ALL ship will be available in the PU. Cost - who knows. Currently - Early pre-alpha PU, Ongoing development of ships, ship combat system, Personal combat systems, plus much more... Game is PRE-alpha and growing.....
  • Charlie.CheswickCharlie.Cheswick Member UncommonPosts: 469
    The schadenfreude is strong with this thread.
    -Chuckles
  • goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141
    edited November 2015
    Dorchek said:

lahnmir said:

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir

Don't cloud the argument with facts, there are too many people making a full time career out of slamming something they don't understand. And there are plenty of empty headed people to jump on the bandwagon.  People that don't know how to do their own research and just pull everything from someone else posts.  Just because someone plays games doesn't mean they know jack squat about making them.  But for some bizarre reason they think they do.

• BigRamboBigRambo Member UncommonPosts: 191
    Anniversary for Star Citizen?   Heh, never stops to amaze me, and not in a good way.  I bet those "sales" numbers are fake just to create some false hype.  I'll start respecting the game when they stop doing some stupid moves such as this and work on releasing the game instead. Until then, SC remains a joke, I got more respect for the 76ers record losing streak.  By the way, by the time SC releases (If that ever happens), Elite: Dangerous will be 10x better with a well established reputation.  Sorry in advance if I'm butt hurting some fanbois, your funny advertisements just makes the situation even more pathetic and doesn't help SC's cause at all. If it were Blizzard in charge, it would have been a sealed tight secret just like project Titan.  Every time I read a new thread or some "news" about SC I just laugh. Everything about it is a joke. Star Citizen's Devs / Execs better start shutting up because they are rapidly becoming a laughing stock in the gaming world with absolutely no credibility.    
    Vada_G said:
    Can we merge this with the thread about SC asking for more money? I'm sorry, celebrating the anniversary of the first day you asked for money for an idea is just plain preposterous imo. 

I hope not because this wasn't a thread about that despite the fact that sadly like pretty much all gaming forums that is all people want to talk about.
    Going all fanboy and disregarding common sense is bad.  Encouraging others to join you is even worse.  OP you look like a shill at worse and at best what's wrong with the MMORPG gaming community.

The funny thing is I don't feel all "fanboy" even though I am. I have posted some very critical opinions about certain direction on the SC forums. Fallout 4 for example is getting the most mixed reviews I have ever seen for a game. These reviews that could have been avoided if they had taken fan feed back in to consideration. This is something that SC actively does and probably the biggest reason that I am a fan of this project.

wait what?

They need more money ?

is there a working game yet or not?

keep buying pixel ships for 250 dollars.. and set the standart for sales in game industry.. good job supporters!!
    Thank you. PU 2.0 which is the first iteration of alpha is releasing very soon. Yes they do "need" more money as game development is both expensive and time consuming.