Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Citizen - in depth look at ship repair and maintenance

ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/engineering/15062-Ship-Repair-And-Maintenance

In depth look on the way a player repairs damaged ships and maintains his ship. System is based on player skill - its not "click-->repaired" style.

Have fun

Comments

• KLECKOKLECKO Member UncommonPosts: 48
    Sweet cant wait until I find a  wrecked ship floating in space ,and repair it to full health.
  • ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    KLECKO said:
    Sweet cant wait until I find a  wrecked ship floating in space ,and repair it to full health.
    Or dispatch its despairing crew and scrap the ship, selling the raw materials and modules on the black market ,-)

Have fun
  • goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141

The more I read about this game the more I like it.  The attention to detail on things is amazing.

• ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476
    How can SC repair anything if the ships are not made yet. SC needs to work more on making the ships not selling concept.
    " Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
    edited November 2015
    Elsabolts said:
    How can SC repair anything if the ships are not made yet.
    Well, for a start they could repair the more than two dozen ships and variants that already exist as flyable ships in the game ;-)

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/272231

Have fun

• AsboAsbo Member UncommonPosts: 812
    Elsabolts said:
    How can SC repair anything if the ships are not made yet. SC needs to work more on making the ships not selling concept.
    Could not agree more with you Elsa! As an original backer I keep telling Sandi that my self. Fed up of all the continued sales of paper crap. They making our game a laughing stock by the drip drip effect of money. I'm loosing patients with the whole money grab scenario and have told them if I don't get the first ship I bought after my backing package then refund me is in order. I've given them until March 2016 and have been told it will be finished by then. So I really hope so as time is moving on. 2.0 will make or break this AAAA title. 

Asbo

• RaquisRaquis Member RarePosts: 1,029
    if this game releases one day its not going to be close what they said its going to be or justify the 70 million$ raised,lol!
  • Turrican187Turrican187 Member UncommonPosts: 787
    This needs skill, that needs skill. Wait I'll quickly call the Toilet-Flush Operator or at least someone who has skill in this over complicated minigame system.

A game should be meant to be fun first, then after a huge gap - immersive (this rule does not apply to the MS Flight simulator).
    In his 2.0 Vision CR is throwing the complete (how to make games fun and worthwhile) game design model overboard - not for good tbh.
    Millions of $$$ are going to game system modules that are more a hassle than fun. 

BTW the ****ing Cocktail-Mix minigame needs skill too I guess.

When you have cake, it is not the cake that creates the most magnificent of experiences, but it is the emotions attached to it.
    The cake is a lie.

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903
    Skill based repair doesn't sound fun to be.  I don't want to be a mechanic, I want to be a pilot.
    Skill based repair doesn't sound fun to be.  I don't want to be a mechanic, I want to be a pilot.
    Then hire a NPC crew that does it for you. They come in varying skill grades and you will have to pay them a matching salary in in-game currency. Which you gain by doing missions or trade. All the profession "mini-games" can be delegated to a NPC - although a trained talented player will be better IMHO. NPCs skill improve over time though practice.

Have fun
  • BrenicsBrenics Member RarePosts: 1,939
    Erillion said:
    Then hire a NPC crew that does it for you. They come in varying skill grades and you will have to pay them a matching salary in in-game currency. Which you gain by doing missions or trade. All the profession "mini-games" can be delegated to a NPC - although a trained talented player will be better IMHO. NPCs skill improve over time though practice.

Have fun
    But that isn't actually in what you guys keep saying is a game at this time is it? 
    I'm not perfect but I'm always myself!

Star Citizen – The Extinction Level Event

4/13/15 > ELE has been updated look for 16-04-13.

http://www.dereksmart.org/2016/04/star-citizen-the-ele/

Enjoy and know the truth always comes to light!

Brenics said:
    But that isn't actually in what you guys keep saying is a game at this time is it? 
    Alpha 2.0 is not  "the game" yet. Its a small sub-set of the PU, for testing. Its not a feature complete Alpha.
    NPC crew is not active yet in Alpha 2.0.

You will find reports on the teams work on NPC AI in the regular reports.What NPCs will do you find in the design documents, that can be found on the official homepage or through a search engine. Or in the regular reports - they have some experts working on that part of the game.

Have fun
    Erillion said:
    Brenics said:
    Alpha 2.0 is not  "the game" yet. Its a small sub-set of the PU, for testing. Its not a feature complete Alpha.
    NPC crew is not active yet in Alpha 2.0.

You will find reports on the teams work on NPC AI in the regular reports.What NPCs will do you find in the design documents, that can be found on the official homepage or through a search engine. Or in the regular reports - they have some experts working on that part of the game.

Have fun
    So then why in other posts do you keep saying it is the game, or in the game? There is actually no game yet, so I can understand why they have to keep the selling as top priority! 

Also thanks for finally admitting it isn't even a complete alpha. You realize how many times the white knights attacked me for saying what you just said?

Brenics said:
    Also thanks for finally admitting it isn't even a complete alpha.
    You realize it has been said a few dozens times by me alone here in this subforum that this is not a feature complete Alpha ? And that others have said it too ? So if you said that, you were not alone. Its a fact, so its not hard to claim that ;-)

Have fun
    Erillion said:
    Brenics said:
    Also thanks for finally admitting it isn't even a complete alpha.
    You realize it has been said a few dozens times by me alone here in this subforum that this is not a feature complete Alpha ? And that others have said it too ? So if you said that, you were not alone. Its a fact, so its not hard to claim that ;-)

Have fun
    Feature complete Alpha? I've never heard of such a thing.

When you have cake, it is not the cake that creates the most magnificent of experiences, but it is the emotions attached to it.
    The cake is a lie.

• hfztthfztt Member RarePosts: 1,401
    edited November 2015
    Erillion said:
    https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/engineering/15062-Ship-Repair-And-Maintenance

In depth look on the way a player repairs damaged ships and maintains his ship. System is based on player skill - its not "click-->repaired" style.

Have fun
    If it actually make for fun and meaningfull gameplay, cool. If it is just another timesink... Meh...
    >>>

The first playable is the game version containing representative gameplay and assets,[149] this is the first version with functional major gameplay elements.[150] It is often based on the prototype created in pre-production.[151] Alpha and first playable are sometimes used to refer to a single milestone, however large projects require first playable before feature complete alpha.[150] First playable occurs 12 to 18 months before code release. It is sometimes referred to as the "Pre-Alpha" stage.[153]

>>>

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video_game_development

Have fun

Erillion said:
    >>>

The first playable is the game version containing representative gameplay and assets,[149] this is the first version with functional major gameplay elements.[150] It is often based on the prototype created in pre-production.[151] Alpha and first playable are sometimes used to refer to a single milestone, however large projects require first playable before feature complete alpha.[150] First playable occurs 12 to 18 months before code release. It is sometimes referred to as the "Pre-Alpha" stage.[153]

>>>

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video_game_development

Have fun

This wikipedia article is bs, I guess it's written by a 1st semester student.

The cake is a lie.

Like I stated in another post, the first thing any game company will show is the engine they created. This has never been done with SC. Maybe i should edit that Wiki article so it is more accurate.  =)

• HeraseHerase Member RarePosts: 993
    Brenics said:
    Like I stated in another post, the first thing any game company will show is the engine they created. This has never been done with SC. Maybe i should edit that Wiki article so it is more accurate.  =)
    So we should believe a random on the internet on what's "accurate" over someone who has worked, written and published a book on game development? 

This is why I cant take what any of you say seriously in this debate 
    Herase said:
    Brenics said:
    So we should believe a random on the internet on what's "accurate" over someone who has worked, written and published a book on game development? 

Written a book? Anyone can do that, it doesn't make the book right in the words written in it. I have read a lot of books that were debunked later, case in point Global Warming or wait no it's Climate Change, no wait it's just normal weather patterns. See my point?

• DorchekDorchek Member UncommonPosts: 33
    Brenics said:
    Herase said:
    Brenics said:

Written a book? Anyone can do that, it doesn't make the book right in the words written in it. I have read a lot of books that were debunked later, case in point Global Warming or wait no it's Climate Change, no wait it's just normal weather patterns. See my point?
    So by your statements games that use other engines and modify those engines for their purposes don't exist because they didn't make the engine themselves.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_CryEngine_games

So any game not made by Crytek on this list is imaginary because they didn't make their own engine.

You lack a fundamental understanding of companies like Crytek that make engines so that other people can make games based on Crytek's engine.
    I guess we agree to disagree, the CryEngine isn't made for the type of game CR wants and will have to build on that engine to make it to what he wants. Why you think he hired so many that know the CryEngine? Then you have to look why one of the top dudes with the CryEngine left! 

Let's wait and see what happens after the Holidays and see if even more of them leave. 

• DorchekDorchek Member UncommonPosts: 33
    Brenics said:
    I guess we agree to disagree, the CryEngine isn't made for the type of game CR wants and will have to build on that engine to make it to what he wants. Why you think he hired so many that know the CryEngine? Then you have to look why one of the top dudes with the CryEngine left! 

Let's wait and see what happens after the Holidays and see if even more of them leave. 
    Who is this lynch pin guy you keep saying just left SC that is so irreplaceable that the entire game is just going to implode? 
  • ArglebargleArglebargle Member EpicPosts: 3,395
    Brenics said:
    Herase said:
    Brenics said:

You are not making your case nearly as well as you think you are.

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.