Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

FO4: Replayability factor?

GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
I haven't played FO4 yet. I am waiting until after the holidays before I purchase it. I am looking forward to it as I have heard good things. But I have one question based on my previous experience with FONV. I played that a couple of times, but that's it really, it was a game where once I was done, I was done. Unlike TES games like Skyrim and Oblivion, where I can play them again and again with a different approach, theme and build, FO titles seemed to lack the level of play-style diversity of TES.

Do you think this game has the replaybility factor that TES games have?
Is it better / same / worse that FONV in this area?

Comments

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    Thanks,
    So, it's what I thought. 
    No surprise there, FO4 is what it is supposed to be, the next chapter of Fallout. It should prove fun for a few hundred hours.

• Dagon13Dagon13 Member UncommonPosts: 566
    I think it will have more replay-ability than New Vegas did.  As long as you aren't approaching the game from a check-list power gamer perspective I think there's a lot more opportunity for role play this time around.  

I have a bad habit of thinking I need to do and find everything on one character in these games but this time I've been approaching it more from a 'what would my character actually do' instead.  It's made for a better experience overall and has helped keep me from feeling overwhelmed by all of the options.

If you are the power gamer type then I don't think the game will have much in the way of replay-ability.

From a play style perspective, I tend to be the run and gun type but have been trying to play more covert.  In Fallout 4 I often find, after I steamrolled an area, the opportunities where I could have been covert if I had just taken the time to look around ahead of time.  I think the covert style perks are also necessary to pull off that approach so it seems there is a point to different build styles.
  • CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412
    edited November 2015
    I don't see there being much replay ability. You can max out with a single character so there is no play style change. The only real difference are what faction you choose. That's about 8 hours each, and 200 something on your main character.
    The mods will probably add a lot of replay ability in 2 ways. It will allow alternate methods of playing. It will also probably corrupt save files making you restart.