Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Freeform Slot Giveaway This Weekend Only | Champions Online | MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited November 2015 in News & Features Discussion

imageFreeform Slot Giveaway This Weekend Only | Champions Online | MMORPG.com

The Champions Online team has announced that from today through December 1st, players can take advantage of the Freeform Slot Giveaway. These generally run $50 and allow players to choose any power from any power framework.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• OhhPaigeyOhhPaigey Member RarePosts: 1,517
    Can't get it to work. >.<
    When all is said and done, more is always said than done.
  • TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,549
    surprised this game isn't shut down yet.

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• BraindomeBraindome Member UncommonPosts: 959
    edited November 2015
    Thanks, got it, no problems, cool deal, awesome gift! Champions Online is still kicking pretty good, lots of people, lots of very fun events.

Tokken said:
    surprised this game isn't shut down yet.

Yeah seems like Perfect World Entertainment is pretty good at keeping MMO's running unlike so many other studios these days.
  • Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    edited November 2015
    +1 to @SBFord it indeed deserves a news item of its own, it's a pretty huge one :wink:
    I too sent the word around yesterday, for STO / Neverwinter buddies, even those who don't play CO to quickly download it for a login - who knows, maybe later they wanna try it out, and then they can do it with Freeform.

It's the best deal among the Cryptic ones, maybe because Neverwinter has no sub, and STO has a more regular f2p model, so those two has just the Zen offer and the overall Zen Store discounts. In CO many expected a 50% Freeform sale this weekend (which is there too), but a free slot above that... massive.
    For those who aren't familiar with it, as the letter says it used to be 50 bucks, and it's not an overpriced item (but of course much more are sold at the sale events for 25 bucks) since the only other way to have Freeform is through subscription - so if someone is not an altoholic, for playing with just one character Freeform slot is cheaper on the long run than subscribing.

Agree with Braindome above, CO is still kicking pretty nicely nowadays. I posted a while ago that it seems PWE noticed they have one more game which they neglected for years and now they're trying to catch up :wink: I only went back to CO a couple months ago, but during this short period they already had:
    a free character slot giveaway, a free vehicle at the Anniversary, free ATs during the Blood Moon and Nighthawk events each (and with Blood Moon one of the best tanking vehicles too), and now a free FF slot. Plus added the Onslaught gameplay. CO is still kicking a lot :lol:

edit:
    OhhPaigey said:
    Can't get it to work. >.
    Maybe it'd worth to contact Support then, since it doesn't have any pre-req, I just claimed it on my mule account which has only 1 character in CO, just barely out of tutorial, and hasn't logged in since years :wink: 
    Was there any error message? Asked around but so far it worked for everyone who tried. An idea, maybe you try the regular one? Free one is a separate item under the Featured tab, third from the top, it's called Free Freeform slot, promotional, and has only a Claim button. When you claim it, and log off with that character, the new slot should be there already.
    Post edited by Po_gg on
  • NickcsNickcs Member UncommonPosts: 50
    Thanks for the info Po_gg - found the freeform claim in shop as described. Going to look at CO again.. if not, just the character creation can have me sitting there for a week :)

• HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
    This is so worth it and I'M shocked they did this. I bought one when they had a sale on them for 20 bucks. Now i have a second one for free. Even if you don't play anymore this is so worth it to grab. Freeform is the best thing about this game and all content is free too. Heck they even have new powers to checkout .
    Nickcs said:
    .. if not, just the character creation can have me sitting there for a week :)
    As HiveLeader said in his CO video (https://youtu.be/MvjW783Ynfk?t=3m14s ) back then, if they'd charge for the character creator he'd feel he's got the money worth :wink:
    Plus, he only spoke the cosmetic half of it, since he played as free player. Now with this offer you can enjoy the theory-craft side of character creation as well, cherry-picking your desired powers and build a superhero of your own from scratch - without a paid subscription or the $50 (or $25 on sale) spending.

@Hariken indeed, with Onslaught they've added 3 ultimate powers (the iconic attacks of the 3 villains), there was a free power at the Blood Moon event - free I mean, if you've played (aka grind :wink: ) enough during the event, and there's a new ice power from the new lockbox. Maybe there's more, these are just the ones since I went back.
  • VaultFairyVaultFairy Member UncommonPosts: 566
    Hariken said:
    This is so worth it and I'M shocked they did this. I bought one when they had a sale on them for 20 bucks. Now i have a second one for free. Even if you don't play anymore this is so worth it to grab. Freeform is the best thing about this game and all content is free too. Heck they even have new powers to checkout .

Same here. Going to have another go at playing.
  • HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
    The game is still very much alive too. I see players all over the place. They have a new story/event where one of the main heroes turned to the dark side so to speak, And players have to take him down. This is really cool. So many players hunting him down for a massive fight.
    edited November 2015
    Hariken said:
    The game is still very much alive too. I see players all over the place. They have a new story/event where one of the main heroes turned to the dark side so to speak, And players have to take him down. This is really cool. So many players hunting him down for a massive fight.
    You mean Nighthawk: http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/335/view/news/read/37120/Champions-Online-Free-Nighthawk-Event-Has-Arrived.html
    It's a cool story, and his lady friend (with the clever and bright name of Lady Nighthawk :lol: ) is giving away nice stuff in return of the event currency: an Archetype unlock (the batman-esque Night Avenger), two vehicles, and Nighthawk costume pieces which are going by 1-2 hundred Gs in the AH. So I guess players are hunting more like for the rewards :wink:  just kidding, it's a cool event.

Sadly it will be over soon, so those who join this weekend won't have enough time to farm out the bigger rewards (the AT is around $10 in the store, vehicles are in the $10-15 range, but these two from the event aren't in the store). Anyways, it's worth to play through the story at least once, has cool cutscenes and with joining a good group it can be done even at level 6 right outta tutorial (since everyone gets a jetwing for the last big aerial bossfight, and level doesn't matter there).

edit: Nighthawk event is over...
    Post edited by Po_gg on