Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World of Warcraft | Demon Hunting in Alpha | MMORPG

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited November 2015 in News & Features Discussion

imageWorld of Warcraft | Demon Hunting in Alpha | MMORPG

You are not prepared for my first impressions of the Demon Hunter! A new World of Warcraft expansion is like our Olympics, or the World Cup. Every few years it swings around and becomes all consuming, until we forget about it a few months after the fact. Some of us, at least.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872
    "A new World of Warcraft expansion is like our Olympics"

I'd say: a new WOW expansion is like the special olympics. In the end, everyone will be a winner.

• Hashcow101Hashcow101 Member UncommonPosts: 105
    Demon hunters will be extremely OP at launch for months to come. The mobility is to high and fast no other class has near the mobility that they do.

"May Your Head Explode And Blood Swell From The Wound"
    - Hashcow

• FelixMajorFelixMajor Member RarePosts: 865
    People still play this game?

Originally posted by Arskaaa
    "when players learned tacticks in dungeon/raids, its bread".

• Righteous_RockRighteous_Rock Member RarePosts: 1,234
    Monk and Rogue have that mobility, I wouldn't worry about it, they will keep it balanced or subs will drop faster than expected.
  • Soki123Soki123 Member RarePosts: 2,558
    FelixMajor said:

No.
  • simsalabim77simsalabim77 Member RarePosts: 1,607
    Robokapp said:
    only a hanful of millions.
    Shhhhhhhh... the MMORPG.com echo chamber can't work if there's reality in it. 
  • GhavriggGhavrigg Member RarePosts: 1,308
    Maybe this is the secret to long-lasting fan excitement. Every expansion WoW feels like a new game with how much they change it and it psyches people up. I know I can't wait.

I know, no other company would be able to pull it off without backlash, though. Oh well.
  • Spankster77Spankster77 Member UncommonPosts: 487
    This x-pack looks good! I said that about draenor and it was until I hit max level, so we won't really know for sure until we play. With that said WoW is still probably the best MMO on the market. I don't play it right now because well I didn't really love this expansion but I will be checking out the next!

Thanks for the write up!
  • MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614
    Saw a beta on twitch.

Sad to see ppl attracting agro from 4-5 mobs, kill them all in 5s, and not go below 95% health, exclamation marks pointing them where to go.
    I remember times where you were killing a beast, and getting agro from a 2nd one was reason to make a run for it and try again.

Only thing this game misses is the autopilot option, but I understand loads were banned for using such that.

Where is the challenge?

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

• BunnykingBunnyking Member UncommonPosts: 126
    edited November 2015
    Muke said:
    Saw a beta on twitch.

Sad to see ppl attracting agro from 4-5 mobs, kill them all in 5s, and not go below 95% health, exclamation marks pointing them where to go.

I remember times where you were killing a beast, and getting agro from a 2nd one was reason to make a run for it and try again.

Only thing this game misses is the autopilot option, but I understand loads were banned for using such that.

Where is the challenge?

The challenge is in endgame stuff. Leveling up is for everybody and shouldn't be a challenge.
  • filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    Righteous_Rock said:
    Monk and Rogue have that mobility, I wouldn't worry about it, they will keep it balanced or subs will drop faster than expected.

Eh I would tend to agree but look how broken priests were for almost 7 years and the players loved it.
    Are you onto something or just on something?
  • Righteous_RockRighteous_Rock Member RarePosts: 1,234
    I can already tell Demon Hunter won't be op, ranged dps is going to eat them alive, melee dps like ret pally will have trouble, but warriors and dks, feral, rogues, monks .... they shouldn't have a problem with DH, ret has no good gap closer. I think Demon Hunter is actually going to be a difficult class to play, relying on movement is going to take more skill, compare that to dk when they came, they had rediculous self heals, grip every 8 seconds, and dots like a lock, chains, interupts .... DK was like wtf? Now you didn't hear complaining when monks came, I think likewise it will be that way with Demon Hunter. I think unlike dks, playing a demon Hunter will take more skill.
  • HeraseHerase Member RarePosts: 993
    filmoret said:
    Righteous_Rock said:

Eh I would tend to agree but look how broken priests were for almost 7 years and the players loved it.
    Would agree, WoW needs it's FoTM classes.

PvP in general has been in a bad spot for a while now, maybe Legion will sort out the problems that have plagued it for a while, but would say keep your hopes at the bare minimum tbh 
  • meonthissitemeonthissite Member UncommonPosts: 917
    simsalabim77 said:

Robokapp said:

FelixMajor said:

only a hanful of millions.

Shhhhhhhh... the MMORPG.com echo chamber can't work if there's reality in it. 

In other countries, not America btw ;) ;)

I for one left because even though he's technically gone they are still STILL taking ideas from GhostCrawler I mean really? cmon now hasn't he done enough to destroy the non magical classes?
    It's going to take alot more than some nostalgia and copying things that other developers started (more voiceovers ahem) to get this hunter back.