Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fallout 4 review

2»

Comments

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081

I changed some of my perks around. 

Removed all my Sneak perks and put them in Toughness. Also I gave myself a few extra as a gift because the games is messed up in a lot of ways.  

5 total in Toughness

1 extra in Rifleman

1 extra in Gunslinger

1 extra in Commando

2 extra in Lead Belly, so I don't take as much radiation when eating or drinking.

Then I bumped the game up from normal to hard. Is it any easier ?....Not really, because I bumped it to hard.  But Lead Belly makes the game a little more enjoyable :)

Removed all my Sneak perks and put them in Toughness. Also I gave myself a few extra as a gift because the games is messed up in a lot of ways.  

5 total in Toughness

1 extra in Rifleman

1 extra in Gunslinger

1 extra in Commando

2 extra in Lead Belly, so I don't take as much radiation when eating or drinking.

Then I bumped the game up from normal to hard. Is it any easier ?....Not really, because I bumped it to hard.  But Lead Belly makes the game a little more enjoyable :)

Because I did this I'm enjoying the game so very much. 

I feel this was needed and don't feel bad at all with giving myself a boost so I can at least breath in the game.  It's like being able to pick a class as how it should be.

I'm still lacking perks with having over 300, and with so much content I don't feel like being gimped and loose out on enjoyment before I get sick of it.

Simply went from Normal > Hard, Hay I may bump it up to the next higher.  It's what I call flexibility :)

• mark2123mark2123 Member UncommonPosts: 450

5 total in Toughness

1 extra in Rifleman

1 extra in Gunslinger

1 extra in Commando

I feel this was needed and don't feel bad at all with giving myself a boost so I can at least breath in the game.  It's like being able to pick a class as how it should be.

I'm still lacking perks with having over 300, and with so much content I don't feel like being gimped and loose out on enjoyment before I get sick of it.

Simply went from Normal > Hard, Hay I may bump it up to the next higher.  It's what I call flexibility :)

I'll put my hands up and say that I haven't played for over a week now as I'm tired of getting squished by 5 mutants coming at me all at once and my sniper rifle isn't touching them, nor is anything else.  How do you gimp up your stats?  I don't have the patience or time to re-load 20 times to complete things, I just want to work through the game and enjoy what there is to play as currently, have lost most of my interest.
  • kaiser3282kaiser3282 Member UncommonPosts: 2,759

It's both very good and very bad.  Angry Joe explains this well on his Youtube review,

Very good if you like attention to deep detail, however I find this aggravating but some would definitely find this fun.

- Bag space is very limited, you fill your bag quickly with things you need to carry such as weapons, ammo, armor and aids for repair, this leaves you limited space for carrying Junk.  Now junk is very important because of the detailed crafting system you need EVERYTHING. You'll find that harvesting and investigating every building is mandatory, this gets old very fast.  From coffee cups to silver forks, its all needed.  Now their are workarounds like having your companions carry some of the load, and storing stuff in crafting stations but you have to remember where you put them, then later you have to retrieve from where you put them.  Sure you can spend points is carrying more but you waste points for something so tedious.

- As in many of the reviews, spending only one point per level on such small things gives the feeling of not being able to accomplish your build. Speaking of builds Stealth sucks in this game.  My friend from work was right, I wasted too many points trying to be sneaky.  Everything sees you then you get rushed by everything on the map.  For me, a heavy build seems the only way to go.  Heavy guns, heavy armor, and lots of points in tanking.

- Same as Angry Joe, this game is FULL OF BUGS. He spends a lot of review time stressing this, and its worst than he rants about.  It's bad ! From broken quest that cant be turned in to bad camera angles and a terrible crafting build mode.  Placing a simple bed is aggravating.  Conversations with NPC's is so bad that you would wish you can avoid it, but can't. 

- Graphics, The world is lush, the lighting is good, close and far detail are good.  But with all this it still feels way out dated in ways that are hard to explain.  Something else, your character seems to be too big for inside buildings, same with monsters.  Sure it may not be noticeable to others but it pisses me off on my end.

- Ammo and stim packs are always low.  More often than not your quest will give you just the right amount as you loot and rummage around every cleared room but again it's tedious as hell.  Don't ever stop looting and rummaging, do it and do it hard !.....Radiation poison, You get this as you eat food instead of wasting precious stim packs.  Rid Away cures this, guess what ?....Your always low on Rid Away, and you always seemed poisoned.

Fallout 4 always keeps you wanting something !!!!!......Role play, yes !........Aggravating, yes !

There is soooo much to do in this game. 10 out of 10 for that.

This may be the most content filled game ever, congested in a simi small open world.  But ask yourself this;

- Are you willing to over look a boat load of bugs, and broken quest.

- Do you like VERY heavy harvesting, like constant in your face heavy harvesting! 

- Detail in EVERYTHING you do, providing for yourself constantly as in a real life event.

- Graphics that seems off in many ways, yet nice in others.

Strange, I've had a very different experience from most of what is listed.

1) Have yet to encounter any bugs that stopped me from progressing
    2) Have no trouble placing items in workshop mode, at worst i might have to rotate an item slightly with the tap of a button
    3) I play a stealth build and have no problem picking off most enemies in an area. Are you expecting to just have some silly permanent invisibility? Put a supressor on your weapons, use the terrain to hide yourself from view, etc. Even if you draw attention to yourself you can simply find something to hide behind for a few moments until they drop their guard.
    4) Ammo can be an issue if you are relying solely on certain types of weapons, but there are several weapons that you can mod to have practically the same stats and usefulness with a completely different type of ammo, as well as being able to mod many of the weapons to use different ammo than their default. Chances are if you're constantly running out of ammo, you're probably not playing very well and need to become more efficient at killing your enemies. I often kept a 10mm pistol, a mid-range rifle, and a sniper rifle all using different types of ammo to rotate between depending on what I was fighting and where. Never had much issue with ammo.
    5) Same with Stimpaks and Radaway. Stop sucking? After playing just a couple days I was sitting on a constant supply of 50+ stimpaks. If you're running out you're probably doing something wrong that you're getting hit so much. You can very easily avoid Rad poisoning from food by just not eating food that causes it. Setup lots of plants in your settlements and go harvest them once in awhile instead of eating the radiated junk you pick up everywhere. There are also perks that help with this too.
    6) Bag space is only an issue if you let it be. Here is what you do. Go to Sanctuary, put all of your crafting stations near eachother. Next to them build a couple of items that can be used as containers, then use them to organize your stuff. 1 for weapons you want to keep for later but aren't using at the moment, one or 2 for armor and apparel, 1 for aid items. All of your junk, put it into the storage on your actual Workshop station. Anything in there is automatically available to you at your crafting stations as well as for building construction. Then, be sure to setup supply lines between other settlements an sanctuary as soon as possible. That way you have acesss to all of the junk stored in your sanctuary workshop when at those other settlements too for crafting and building.

Lastly. Once you have all of that setup, it takes like 1 minute to simply fast travel back to Sanctuary, throw all of your stuff into containers, scrap the rest, and be back at minimum carrying weight. Then just fast travel back to where you need to be. Theres no reason to be constantly carrying a bunch of stuff around from place to place when fast travel makes it so easy to go deposit and withdraw things as needed.
  • goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141

I never have a problem with inventory you don't really need half the stuff lying around all at once, stop hording.  And I hate games that make ammo and health too plentifull it just takes all the fun out of game, if there is no reason to scavenge.  I found both of these things that you call negatives positives.  Yes I found allot of annoying bugs but they rarely break the game, but some do.

Size of the world is okay I guess, I think the fort building thing is lame it doesn't feel like it belongs in the game the way they do it, it cheapens the whole experience, making it play like a cheap kids game.

Over all its not a bad game but I've never been a huge fan of end of the world setting games, they generally bore the hell out of me.

mark2123 said:

5 total in Toughness

1 extra in Rifleman

1 extra in Gunslinger

1 extra in Commando

I'll put my hands up and say that I haven't played for over a week now as I'm tired of getting squished by 5 mutants coming at me all at once and my sniper rifle isn't touching them, nor is anything else.  How do you gimp up your stats?  I don't have the patience or time to re-load 20 times to complete things, I just want to work through the game and enjoy what there is to play as currently, have lost most of my interest.

Here is how you do it :)