Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Are people enjoying this game?

13»

Comments

• KilmaulKilmaul Member UncommonPosts: 121
    edited November 2015
    I gave this game a chance but just can't get into it.  I made it to lvl 11 as a destroyer so take this how you will.  The combat is ok at best imo.  The game is very pretty up close and the scenery is nice as well.  The gliding is quite fun, I enjoyed that alot. 

Animations, from afar, are just plain awful.  The are very pixelated looking and look as if they are running around on the screen rather than in the game world (if that makes any sense).  That was a huge turnoff, along with ui and constant questing this is just more of the same.  Got bored with B&S very quickly.
  • KyarraKyarra Member UncommonPosts: 789
    It held my attention for a little while, but the sound affects are so much like Aion, and it is your typical asian game (which some people like, but not me). I will probably not play it on release.
  • DaezAsterDaezAster Member UncommonPosts: 788
    Combat and character creation is pretty good. Everything else is bland and super basic. Was really looking forward to this game but sad to say it doesn't meet my expectations in any way. After playing for a bit I just feel like loading up something else. All I can say is glad I got a free key!!!
  • kemono55kemono55 Member UncommonPosts: 124
    Arkade99 said:
    I couldn't get into it. The combat was decent, but I'm just so tired of games that are on rails. It also had the typical bells and whistles all over the place that are common among Asian made games. I find that stuff annoying. Every time you log in, spin the wheel! Pray every day for this bonus! Use the red coins for this, the blue coins for that, the yellow for something else. 

No thanks. I want a game that says, here's the world, here's what you can do in it, have fun. 

I feel exactly the same. And I didn't like it the first time I tried it.

However, a few weeks ago I had some time to kill, so I decided to purchase into beta,
    and give it another go, and I am enjoying it right now.

First time I tried it, I thought it was an MMORPG, it is not,
    if you are looking for an MMORPG, you should probably be looking somewhere else.
    It is more like a MOBA / Diablo with MMORPG elements inn it.

Knowing this, I did in fact manage to find it very enjoyable the second time I tried it.
    I skip through every story element and spam click my way through quest text,
    and I try to avoid reading any more text than I have to in order to understand how things work.

I also try to avoid dealing with other people as much as I can, but that's okay, 
    everyone else is also playing in single player mode.
    Communication is mostly done by bunny jumping or the afk /dance.
    Still, it's nice to know other real people are populating the world.

My impression is that the (current) playerbase is very young, which is understandable.
    But I also suspect that it will not make a lot of profit, but probably enough to keep it afloat for a few years.
    This is also underlined by the very limited budget (or so it seems) the team has at their disposal
    to translate text, managing servers and voice acting.

So, take it how you will,
    but if you decide to play this for a somewhat enjoyable combat, level progression and building a skill tree (like diablo), you will probably find it enjoyable.
    If you are looking for an MMORPG, this is not it.
  • PangscarPangscar Member UncommonPosts: 36
    edited November 2015

Played it for the first time over this weekend Beta and must say was pleasantly surprised. Wasn't expecting much from an NCsoft product plus the cliché anime type themes of the game was a bit of a turn off. But yeah the combat is really smooth at least during the low lvls I was playing and the progression and feature set are interesting enough.

All in all would play again. Too soon to say if would buy into it and play long term but so far I'd say it would keep me busy for a little while at least.

• KalutikaKalutika Member UncommonPosts: 14
    edited November 2015
    Lo-Ki said:
    I can't do it, the character creation is so garishly ridiculous as most Asian MMORPGs are, this is absolutely no different and obviously geared to your typical prepubescent teen.  From extremely feminine male models to overly sexualized female ones this game is bad just from the initial impression.  Upon entering the game the UI takes up a good 80% of the screen.  Uninstalled.
    Nope, Character creation is so in depth you can make your character anything, I remember spotting a character in the beta (Not sure if it was a Jin, Yura or gon.) who made me stop and go "How is their male character wearing the female version of that outfit?" before I realised it was just a really flat chested character with masculine facial features.

Also you can go from girly boy to super uber buffed man from just the presets, you can pretty much do it all with enough slider fiddling and messing about on the creation screen.

The only limit which annoys me to high hell is the fact summoner is stuck with the race which either look like little kids or one of those tiny old men you see in kung fu movies (which is...Suitable I guess) with not much in between for that.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• ZombieCatZombieCat Member UncommonPosts: 55
    I liked Tera so it is no surprised I enjoyed myself this past beta weekend. While I enjoyed and will continue to play the upcoming beta weekends and into release it is far from prefect. I see myself getting about 3 - 4 months of enjoyment out of it come release. In my book that is a win as I have given up on the idea of getting years of play from a MMO.

The combat is fun and there are some really cool animations. Some are just out right funny in a good way like the beserker being able to grab someone then slam (Wedge I think the attack is callled) them repeatedly in the air.

The questing is horrible at least in the first 17 levels. It is better than Tera but that is not saying much of anything. The one saving grace in questing is movement. The higher you get the more movement skills you get. It is cool and makes travelling around fun but I can see the novelty wearing off over time.

The story is so-so. On the first class I tried I read everything but on the next two classes I could not skip through it fast enough. There are some parts that are class specific and when I came to those, I took my time to read it. Honestly, I would just rather not have a story but that is out of my control.

I enjoyed the OWPvP aspect but it is far from what most PvP fans I know would like. When you want to PvP you put on a faction uniform and then you can openly attack anyone of the opposing faction. I am not sure if there are safe areas but it would not surprise me if there are. I have not done any arenas yet so no idea how those are.

So far I enjoy the equipment progression system. During my play time it did not seem as bad as Tera's enchantment system but with break through items I can see it getting frustrating in the future.

Overall, if you like "action" combat and anime style graphics I would say go for it if you can grab a free beta key. There are founders packs if you just cannot wait. The low level one is a decent price to get into the beta weekends but there is honestly no reason to spend money if you are not 100% sure you are going to like it.
  • BrenicsBrenics Member RarePosts: 1,939
    I really tried but I just found the game boring. It may not be the game just bored with the everyday MMO gender!
    I'm not perfect but I'm always myself!

Star Citizen – The Extinction Level Event

4/13/15 > ELE has been updated look for 16-04-13.

http://www.dereksmart.org/2016/04/star-citizen-the-ele/

Enjoy and know the truth always comes to light!

• nationalcitynationalcity Member UncommonPosts: 501
    The story is so-so. On the first class I tried I read everything but on the next two classes I could not skip through it fast enough. There are some parts that are class specific and when I came to those, I took my time to read it. Honestly, I would just rather not have a story but that is out of my control.

Now this I have to disagree with the story in this game is wonderful did you pay attention to it....... Out of all the things you listed this is basically the one I just can't agree with... The story in this game is right up there with TSW and the new GW2 stuff...........
  • Vada_GVada_G Member UncommonPosts: 85
    I can see how it would be enjoyable to some people. I think moonlight blade has a little more depth but they both feel like essentially the same game. I'll probably put 40-60 hours into it as it's the first new offering right now, but I'll move on when BDO or Albion release.
  • kemono55kemono55 Member UncommonPosts: 124
    Now this I have to disagree with the story in this game is wonderful did you pay attention to it....... Out of all the things you listed this is basically the one I just can't agree with... The story in this game is right up there with TSW and the new GW2 stuff...........

The story has got nothing to do with the game,
    so while you can watch it, and maybe enjoy it,
    it's hardly worth mentioning as a positive.

"yadayada.... you are special..blah blah.. unique hero..save the intergalactic universe" and so on..
    also, ignore that everyone else is also the special chosen one.
  • ZombieCatZombieCat Member UncommonPosts: 55

Yes I did pay attention to it and even mentioned that I did on the first character. Everyone has different tastes but for me the story is so-so and in no way compares to the story in TSW. That is writing worthy of being in a book IMO.
  • Desiderium2012Desiderium2012 Member UncommonPosts: 37
    edited November 2015
    Someone was kind enough to send me a key, which I am grateful for.

As far as the game, not worth playing IMO, not for me.
  • BanyoHDBanyoHD Member UncommonPosts: 32
    I'm looking forward to the PVP resembling more of a fighting game than a traditional MMO. Will most likely play at launch. The combat system has a ton of depth to it. It's worth getting into for sure IMO.
  • RhygarthRhygarth Member UncommonPosts: 259
    I just skiped the story as it dose not interest me
    The quests are the same old boring stuff from every other mmo and the combat got boring after a few hrs
    I played about 1 day of CBT so take from that what you will
    I will pass on this when it comes out.
  • Quazal.AQuazal.A Member UncommonPosts: 859
    edited November 2015
    JUst tried playing it last nigth and today, and will probably keep popping on for an hour or so here and there, but so far nothing ive seen and played will get me buying this game.
    I may well download it if its f2p , but doubtful, the combat seems ok, but the one thing that put me off was i fancied jumping in the water and bang invisible wall on the bridge :( 
    Invisible walls in todays MMO are almost immediate put off for me, not forgetting i didn't like the "asian feel" this was too asian  (if that makes sense)

I think it would be an ok game but couldn't see too many hours being played before boredom sets in...

edit for further info

Loading screens, surely in 2015/16 we should be away with loading screens, i can just about accept them maybe between continents, but leaving a town going into the wild to get one.... 

further edit

add into that griefing, at level 9 having a level 37 literally stood over body every time restored health was insta killed, no mechanic for reporting griefing, this carried on for an hour. ive just left game running whilst playing eve - i accept pvp in its guises, but when there is no mechanic to stop it its sad, but also if its like this in Closed Beta , gawd knows what it will be like in real game, there should be a system in game whereby +/- x levels your attacked or such by npc, as a non pvper im sure ive seen this in other games etc..
    nb there is something you can do , jsut seen it that is 'surrender' and change from your faction top, but i still stand by above comments
    Post edited by Quazal.A on

This post is all my opinion, but I welcome debate on anything i have put, however, personal slander / name calling belongs in game where of course you're welcome to call me names im often found lounging about in EvE online.
    Use this code for 21days trial in eve online https://secure.eveonline.com/trial/?invc=d385aff2-794a-44a4-96f1-3967ccf6d720&action=buddy

• RealbigdealRealbigdeal Member UncommonPosts: 1,666
    DMKano said:
    It's also worth noting that BnS is currently the 2nd most popular MMO in Korea

Well, you know korean care more about starcraft than mmo's when lineage 1 is on top

C:\Users\FF\Desktop\spin move.gif