Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Goons declare Galaxy-wide serfdom in EVE, pay us or die lol

Comments

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342
    CCP is still not getting this and I am saying it for years  - whoever controls null has nothing to do with sovereignty.
  • KilmaulKilmaul Member UncommonPosts: 121

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Guess this didn't work out quite as planned, as Goons retreat from entire regions, former allies desert their ranks, and their isk losses continue to mount exponentually.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    Kyleran said:
    Guess this didn't work out quite as planned, as Goons retreat from entire regions, former allies desert their ranks, and their isk losses continue to mount exponentually.

But it works out well for CCP. Many old friends returning to EVE for World War Bee - even those from the Star Wars Galaxy days. Attendance is up.

Which reminds me of the SECOND CCP anthem (besides "HTFU")

Have fun

• Saxx0nSaxx0n PR/Brand Manager BitBox Ltd.Member UncommonPosts: 999
    edited April 2016
    I think it(edit - the whole entire WWB) is a very, very clever publicity stunt.
  • H0urg1assH0urg1ass Member EpicPosts: 2,380
    edited April 2016
    So I've had this conspiracy theory since this whole thing kicked off.  It's a bit wacko, but here it goes:

• CCP is losing subscribers by the thousands since Phoebe
    • Many of those leaving are saying "Goons won the game, no point in staying"
    • Suddenly CCP turns very nasty towards Goons, especially during recent CSM summits
    • Suddenly a coalition of oddball alliances, that previously didn't like each other much, start attacking goon space

I might be missing a few points since I'm also in the middle of writing my mid-terms, but it sure seems to me like CCP is somehow behind this shakeup of the power structure.  Maybe even the upper level goons are in on it in a "resetting the game is good for the health of EVE" kind of way.

Honestly, EVE needs a null sec power structure reset, but I would have never in a millions years thought that this would be forces upsetting them:

• wyldmagikwyldmagik Member UncommonPosts: 516
    The guy's got a facking cheek, and if anyone was to follow that stupid plan then they deserve to lose everything. What type of idiot does one have to be to fall for such "fictional" dream state bollox?
  • GrumpyHobbitGrumpyHobbit Member RarePosts: 1,220
    EVE.

Keeping EVE players out of other games for over 10 years and counting. 

Thank you EVE.
  • wyldmagikwyldmagik Member UncommonPosts: 516
    Yes its a great game been playing since 10 yrs now, but the goon man is really clutching at straws now it is more a crying paddy fit due to all his assets being driven into the ground. So what does he do in this situation? He does what he knows best, feed off the innocents :D what a lowbie bit of turd.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Thats not serfdom, just blackmail.

But yeah, things like this is the backside of ingame liberty.  And it is one thing if a banditgang play highway robbers on a road in a game like UO, demanding "stand and deliver"... But space pirates on the scale the article is about (if true, sometimes a few guys start a storm in a water glass) isn't good since it tends to turn many players of the game.

Of course it could be fixed by classing those people as pirates and putting out rather large rewards for them instead of just banning them, large scales pirate hunting could be rather fun as long as it is worth peoples time and pirates like that would eventually quit their piracy if the constantly get hunted, or at least most likely. Mass bannings and mechanics that makes stuff like that impossible isn't fun, but a bounty hunter fleet chasing pirates might be.

Not that I'm currently playing Eve, but there should be ways to turn things of this into something more positive then a massban.
  • OfficerFriendlyEQ2OfficerFriendlyEQ2 Member UncommonPosts: 105
    Goon Swarm is good for EVE. And as long as the game is playing, there will always be plenty more attempts to rule the galaxy!
    EVE.

Thank you EVE.
    EVE.

So hard it keeps the window licking elbow biters out.

Thank you EVE.
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    It's up to the Devs to keep the game, any game balanced, or at least to try.  If players feel there's no point then why stay?

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• Solar_ProphetSolar_Prophet Member EpicPosts: 1,960
    H0urg1ass said:
    EVE.

Thank you EVE.
    EVE.

Thank you EVE.
    But Goons play EVE, so your theory is a bust right there. 

The only hard things about EVE are figuring out how the horribad UI works, and putting up with a community of half-witted, sadistic narcissists long enough to find some decent people to play with. 

AN' DERE AIN'T NO SUCH FING AS ENUFF DAKKA, YA GROT! Enuff'z more than ya got an' less than too much an' there ain't no such fing as too much dakka. Say dere is, and me Squiggoff'z eatin' tonight!

We are born of the blood. Made men by the blood. Undone by the blood. Our eyes are yet to open. FEAR THE OLD BLOOD. 

#IStandWithVic

• HatefullHatefull Member EpicPosts: 2,502
    H0urg1ass said:
    So I've had this conspiracy theory since this whole thing kicked off.  It's a bit wacko, but here it goes:

• CCP is losing subscribers by the thousands since Phoebe
    • Many of those leaving are saying "Goons won the game, no point in staying"
    • Suddenly CCP turns very nasty towards Goons, especially during recent CSM summits
    • Suddenly a coalition of oddball alliances, that previously didn't like each other much, start attacking goon space

I might be missing a few points since I'm also in the middle of writing my mid-terms, but it sure seems to me like CCP is somehow behind this shakeup of the power structure.  Maybe even the upper level goons are in on it in a "resetting the game is good for the health of EVE" kind of way.

Honestly, EVE needs a null sec power structure reset, but I would have never in a millions years thought that this would be forces upsetting them:

In a strange turn of events I find myself agreeing with you.  It has felt like this for awhile now.  Not a bad thing imo, it was time for a shake up.

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

In order to be insulted, I must first value your opinion.

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342
    MisterZebub said:
    Its also made the game stagnant and a horrible pointless Mexican stand off. This little manufactured Chinese fire drill of a so called war will shake things up for about a week and then things will just steer right back into the slow lane.

Its just like how later Shadowbane got with the gentlemen's "No Asset Destruction" pact that made the game rather boring, at least until the Fire .... ahem excuse me .... until the Chinese Nation attacked. No matter how terribad many of the Chinese players were, its rather hard to stop an avalanche of shit by punching it in the face.
    Most people playing EVE do not care about sov warfare...
    H0urg1ass said:
    EVE.

Thank you EVE.
    EVE.

Thank you EVE.
    But Goons play EVE, so your theory is a bust right there. 

The only hard things about EVE are figuring out how the horribad UI works, and putting up with a community of half-witted, sadistic narcissists long enough to find some decent people to play with. 
    Who said goons were dumb?  They did win EVE.  That's no small feat.

Be careful not to mix up "I hate them" with "They're dumb".  It's the reason you underestimate your enemy and lose wars.