Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Battlegrounds confirmed!

2»

Comments

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

Scorchien said:
    This what killed Warhammer ... No Bgs .. keep the fighting and rewards in the field where it belongs , otherwise you will have everyone sittin in ques to get there daily/win/loss currency... Fail system for this type of game ...

we warned you then Mark Jacobs not to do this to Warhammer you didnt listen .. Will you make the same mistake twice ..?

It is questionable. If it is implemented there can be like 0 rewards.

That being said there are no BGs in ESO. The problem that it creates is exactly the one BGs in CU seem to be trying to address. Somtimes when you make a new build, you just want to test it out. You want to see what works and what doesn't without the penalty of running back and the chance of not being able to find a fight. 

Without questing this is somethign they should be very careful with. The allure of instant action can't be denied. Even if you don't like instant action it's natural to follow the path of least resistance. 
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698
    Did he learn nothing from DAoC and WAR? BGs ruined DAoCs Frontier and they made sure the PvP areas in WAR were rarely touched.
  • wyldmagikwyldmagik Member UncommonPosts: 516
    we warned you then Mark Jacobs not to do this to Warhammer you didnt listen .. Will you make the same mistake twice ..?

^^ this is what he needs to listen to and REMEMBER the farce that happened in WH, remember the crafting info and videos Mr Jacobs for WH? I am sure you wish to forget all that but apparently your hands were tied. Well if they were tied then, they are not now as you seem to have more hands on making control with CU.

Don't fack this up or you will probably not be getting a 3rd chance from the public gaming community for sure. Keep the pvp open as already mentioned. If you need to save cpu cycles keep the collision detection off to start with but work the pvp in the field not in instances.

I would pretty much say with what others have said already now in this thread.... "you have been warned" lol
  • Soki123Soki123 Member RarePosts: 2,558
    If you played DAOC before level lock/ realm rank remover, and did the BGs , you would know this isn t an issue, and not the same thing as Warhammers BGs at all. Don t get all stressed out about it.
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,064
    I have no problem with this as long as they do it like Daoc and make it where you can pvp as you level up. End game should be all about rvr.
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • TsaboHavocTsaboHavoc Member UncommonPosts: 435
    this is what killed warhammer...
  • StormakovStormakov Member UncommonPosts: 200
    lmfao, all the people claiming BGs killed Warhammer. Ya, it definitely wasn't the fact that the game needed another 1+ year of development before it got forced out or anything, nope definitely not.

Also, people aren't fucking reading - these are going to be "DAOC STYLE NON INSTANCED BGs", anyone who played DAoC in it's heyday understands how actually amazing they are. These aren't your typical 15v15 or whatever instanced BGs a la WoW that take 20 minutes, they're basically small open world PvP zones with a couple focus areas.

So much misinformed hate, makes me laugh.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Agree, those speaking against DAOC style BGS don't really understand how well they worked.

They were the training ground for Frontiers....and encouraged people to reroll many alts.

WARs biggest failure was being too much like WOW and not nearly enough like DAOC.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983
    Kyleran said:
    Agree, those speaking against DAOC style BGS don't really understand how well they worked.

They were the training ground for Frontiers....and encouraged people to reroll many alts.

WARs biggest failure was being too much like WOW and not nearly enough like DAOC.
    Yes, a bit of a necro, but DAoC battlegrounds were persistent and had nothing to do with a timer or scoreboard.  If CU has something similar it should be fun.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• will75will75 Member UncommonPosts: 365
    Moronic, there is no bg's..Just a new player practice area,  Wow people nerd raging over misinformation? 

• ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392
    edited November 2015
    I played DAOC for over 10 years. My wife is playing in a BG(that is the only place she plays) as I type this. This is terrific news
  • ZumosZumos Member UncommonPosts: 1
    Scorchien said:
    This what killed Warhammer ... No Bgs .. keep the fighting and rewards in the field where it belongs , otherwise you will have everyone sittin in ques to get there daily/win/loss currency... Fail system for this type of game ...

@Scorchien ;
    BGs is what made Warhammer a great game and even though I know it's not gonna be in CU, I do think it's a mistake. Your first point and only point is that people have to sit in queue for daily currency. First of all, if a good amount of people do BGs, then there are hardly any queues. Besides the game doesn't need to have daily currencies that force you to play BGs. This was for a long time neither the case in Warhammer. BGs and RvR can easily live aside each other as one doesn't harm the other, except if done wrong. If someone doesn't want to do BGs, he/she shouldnt be forced to play them. But BGs offer a lot as well. If your guild/friends are not online it's nice to have something to do instead of running alone in RvR. Also in off-peak times when RvR is more or less dead, BGs also become a nice alternative
  • JamesGoblinJamesGoblin Member RarePosts: 1,242
    Zumos said:
    Scorchien said:

@Scorchien ;
    BGs is what made Warhammer a great game and even though I know it's not gonna be in CU, I do think it's a mistake. Your first point and only point is that people have to sit in queue for daily currency. First of all, if a good amount of people do BGs, then there are hardly any queues. Besides the game doesn't need to have daily currencies that force you to play BGs. This was for a long time neither the case in Warhammer. BGs and RvR can easily live aside each other as one doesn't harm the other, except if done wrong. If someone doesn't want to do BGs, he/she shouldnt be forced to play them. But BGs offer a lot as well. If your guild/friends are not online it's nice to have something to do instead of running alone in RvR. Also in off-peak times when RvR is more or less dead, BGs also become a nice alternative
    Hey, welcome to MMORPG.com!

Speaking of WAR, I could write a book about the "perfect storm" (MJ's words) of circumstances that went wrong with it, thou people often try to reduce it to only this or that.

I also enjoyed it's battlegrounds a lot (and I might or might not still be enjoying these), especially the low level ones, together with T1-3 RvR being more fun than the "serious" grindy T4 - I found myself making low level alts all the time!?
     W...aaagh?