Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sell me ArcheAge

Gaming.Rocks2Gaming.Rocks2 Member UncommonPosts: 531
I had purchased the founder pack back then. I played the alpha and loved. Then I couldn't play upon release for a few months and by then game has turned from the next best thing into.. well, something else. 

I'm thinking of going back. I don't mind the P2W aspects of the game. Tell me why should I play it, and only the people whom are still playing please. 

Also I'm an EVE vet, who was really into organizing large group of people, training spies and corporate infiltration. So if any of that is going on in here do mention. 

If anyone's playing on EU would appreciate to introduce me a couple of guilds as well. 

Thanks. 
Gaming Rocks next gen. community for last gen. gamers launching soon. 

Comments

• MaurgrimMaurgrim Member RarePosts: 1,325
    Always find these kind of threads funny, sell me this game or why should I play this game or convince me to play this game.

Just download it and try it out and make your own opinion how the game feels.
  • filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906

Well the current opinion of this game was discussed not long ago.  I suggest you read this on the sell part.  As for the guild and stuff well that is different story.

http://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/441242/what-do-you-think-of-archeage/p1

Are you onto something or just on something?
  • Gaming.Rocks2Gaming.Rocks2 Member UncommonPosts: 531
    I have downloaded the game once. I believe "to download a game" is not a really far fetched concept and everyone bumping these forums with any amount of intelligence, education and experience can think of it themselves without no outside help whatsoever.

I'm not looking for the first 1 hour impression nor if the character creation is pretty. I want to know what someone thinks about the game who has been playing it for a long period of time. 

I bet you're one of those people whom replies "GOOGLE IT" whenever someone asks something in /general chat. 
  • DraGzielDraGziel Member UncommonPosts: 67
    Well, you should play it for two reasons:
    PVP (guild pvp, naval, siege, PK etc)
    Social aspect

Everything else is sub-par. A plus is also the seamless open-world, something you don't find anymore. If you are interested and are in EU, join the Dahuta server, west side and join any guild until you get max lvl and pvp ready. Your goal is to join The Fallen, best guild in west side. Otherwise, go pirate and join the bloody Tortuga (plz dont). Last choice on east side, the best guild by far are IRON. Cheers!
  • rawfoxrawfox Member UncommonPosts: 788
    Ye OP, the game turned into f2p, what we had in the 0.7 and behind, was the subscribtion planned game i belive.

Im still playing and its still fun, ye, EU on Dahuta.
    Its not as playing a game, its more like having a second life.
    That is, what drives me ^^

The game offers a shitload of ways, to get golds for Apex, the way to a patron account with all those features.

The changes from Alpha to Beta have been hard to swallow for alot of people.
    Its not Trion, its XL derping  ..

• carotidcarotid Member UncommonPosts: 425
    I have downloaded the game once. I believe "to download a game" is not a really far fetched concept and everyone bumping these forums with any amount of intelligence, education and experience can think of it themselves without no outside help whatsoever.

I'm not looking for the first 1 hour impression nor if the character creation is pretty. I want to know what someone thinks about the game who has been playing it for a long period of time. 

I bet you're one of those people whom replies "GOOGLE IT" whenever someone asks something in /general chat. 
    I bet you're one of those people who can't think for themselves. See how that works?
  • HrimnirHrimnir Member RarePosts: 2,415
    Oh this game.  How hyped everyone was. How sure everyone was it would be the bees knees.

"The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently."

- Friedrich Nietzsche

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983
    I will sell you archeage for $49

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• exile01exile01 Member RarePosts: 1,089
    You bought a f2p korean game that failed in asia long before. 

You got what you deserve.
  • KilmaulKilmaul Member UncommonPosts: 121
    Nothing to sell here people.  Move along.
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    Sell you ArcheAge?

Oh don't you worry, Get in the game and Trion will take care of the rest.
  • LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965
    Sell you Archeage ?

You know what. Just take it free.

I mean it, take it and go ;)

• TheJodaTheJoda Member UncommonPosts: 605
    Nothing to sell at this point, it's a shell of what it was overseas.   Move along.

....Being Banned from MMORPG's forums since 2010, for Trolling the Trolls!!!

• zaberfangxzaberfangx Member UncommonPosts: 1,796
    edited November 2015
    I had feeling Archeage was going to do stuff to make money people not going like, happen much like allods. Even with sub server not much going happen to make money even if people like it that way as much what happening to allods online, as free to play end up getting more people more over time just to keep people some what happy and people to play with even if cost a arm and and a leg if you want everything in the game fast one can.
  • gipfeligipfeli Member UncommonPosts: 98
    edited November 2015
    I had feeling Archeage was going to do stuff to make money people not going like, happen much like allods. Even with sub server not much going happen to make money even if people like it that way as much what happening to allods online, as free to play end up getting more people more over time just to keep people some what happy and people to play with even if cost a arm and and a leg if you want everything in the game fast one can.
    i already answered this before but i'll say it again, you've got to be kidding me!
    if archeage was going to do stuff to make money people not going to like much like allods then it would much like going to collapse! even if there were sub servers it wouldn't going to happen to make money people like what happened in allods online, even if free to play were over time to keep people happy also if they lost both legs and arms as fast as anyone could.
    it's just common sense!
  • TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    Jump in and try it for free.  On the US servers, all the land is gone except for the newbie 8x8 little farms so paying for a monthly sub is useless unless you plan to buy/sell apex and get some gold to buy a plot or two.  About half the servers left are dying out and have never hit HIGH population even during prime time.  New mounts keep getting added to the store for large and larger amounts of loyalty tokens which sucks.  The best mounts started at 300 but are now 450 tokens. 

I jumped back it after the server merge but the populations have gone done quite a bit since then.  I only craft, do trade runs and fish to get my crafter fix on but its getting harder to log in.  The gear level continues to rise and unless you join a solid guild who will help you get geared, you will get owned in pvp.

Again I would suggest jumping in for free and seeing if you like the changes before throwing any money at it.
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• Vada_GVada_G Member UncommonPosts: 85
    I don't even wish Archeage onto my enemies. I was a big supporter during Alpha, I've been playing since. I stopped logging in this last week. You played the Alpha..it was.. a realization of how an mmorpg can be.

I too am occasionally given to the reminiscence of lost love. Sadly.. it is gone. This isn't that game anymore, it stopped being that game upon official release. 
  • blutigfaustblutigfaust Member UncommonPosts: 129
    You can try it for free, but wont be able to do much. It's a money sink/grab. They ruined the game from what I bought as well, sad they did it. I feel I was bated then switched.  I'll never buy/play another  Trion game ever.

Current games playing: MechWarrior Online
    Games being watched:  Project Genom
    Favorite played games: SWG, RomaVictor, and Xsyon

• Gaming.Rocks2Gaming.Rocks2 Member UncommonPosts: 531
    Can't even ask questions about Archeage without raising a witchhunt I guess :)

I know all the negative points. Thanks for the tips but I have been reading the forums. That's why I asked from the people whom are currently playing it to list the game's positive aspects. 

I like to play sandboxes. I left EVE after a decade and I'd like to play something else. It's not like there's a long list of playable games. 

As I said, I don't care about the P2W aspect. I don't mean I'm going to spend more than all whales out there. I'm just done with that sort of gaming, I don't care if I don't "win" every battle. If I wasn't I would've kept on playing EVE. But are there any better options on the market? 

Information I seek isn't about the first few hours/days. Many games can be fun for a couple of weeks. I'd like to know what sort of experience does it offer when you're around the top. Like how I mentioned in my OP, guild politics, are there any espionage? insider trading? People creating real stories out of a virtual world? That sort of thing. 

It shouldn't be that hard to read about someone who wants to play a game on a gaming site! :)
  • JaedorJaedor Member UncommonPosts: 1,173

I was in closed beta, launch, left after 4 months and came back 9 months later. My sub runs out next month unless I resub.

In my opinion, AA is all about the social aspect. If you don't have friends to play with or a guild you like, you'll be somewhat locked out of the group content and burn out quickly on the PvE elements of the game. At the same time, those same social aspects of the game create a ton of drama. And drama, while intense, can also produce burnout. There's drama in the trash talk, there's drama in the PvP, there's drama in the betrayals and thefts.

RNG is real in AA, and competition is fierce. I hope you find good folks to play with and have fun.

Just give me 4000$ and ill use it to feed myself and pay rent.  Then go play something else and in 3 months you will be thankful your 4000$ went to a good cause.
  • steelwindsteelwind Member UncommonPosts: 352
    edited November 2015
    I see players are still blaming Trion for their spending habbits and compusive behavior. No one is forcing you to p2w to keep up with the Jones's, that is YOUR choice. As an alternative, you can set your own goals and achieve them with the time and your own financial means.

If you can remove the p2W/monetisation arguement, Archeage is still the purest/best MMO on the market. It is a true virtual world you live and play a part in. It is the only game on the market right now which provides the MMO experience as it was originally intended. No other MMO provides the depth, immersion or long term playablity that AA provides. Just one big non-instanced world which you can use to fit your own play style.

It is sad to hear all the hate when what is being hated is a choice of the player to partake in. Given that there is NO ALTERNATIVE to Archeage at the moment, what you are left with are shallow themeparks. How players can write off this truly unique game because they can't control their impulses is beyond me. It is even worse that the game has such a horrible reputation when players play a part in feeding it themselves simply because they are not patient enough to earn it over time. Just play the game at your own pace, forget about your neighbor and how they got their gear and you'll be fine.

Also you asked the wrong forums, as the players here have an extreme vendetta against Archeage and will flame ANYONE who defends or speaks positive about it.
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    Can't even ask questions about Archeage without raising a witchhunt I guess :)

I know all the negative points. Thanks for the tips but I have been reading the forums. That's why I asked from the people whom are currently playing it to list the game's positive aspects. 

I like to play sandboxes. I left EVE after a decade and I'd like to play something else. It's not like there's a long list of playable games. 

As I said, I don't care about the P2W aspect. I don't mean I'm going to spend more than all whales out there. I'm just done with that sort of gaming, I don't care if I don't "win" every battle. If I wasn't I would've kept on playing EVE. But are there any better options on the market? 

Information I seek isn't about the first few hours/days. Many games can be fun for a couple of weeks. I'd like to know what sort of experience does it offer when you're around the top. Like how I mentioned in my OP, guild politics, are there any espionage? insider trading? People creating real stories out of a virtual world? That sort of thing. 

It shouldn't be that hard to read about someone who wants to play a game on a gaming site! :)
    I have to respect someone for educating them self before biting the worm on the hook, but, based on your OP Title, it kinda sounds like you already sold yourself. Your Title question seems rhetorical at this point.
    steelwind said:
    I see players are still blaming Trion for their spending habbits and compusive behavior. No one is forcing you to p2w to keep up with the Jones's, that is YOUR choice. As an alternative, you can set your own goals and achieve them with the time and your own financial means.

If you can remove the p2W/monetisation arguement, Archeage is still the purest/best MMO on the market. It is a true virtual world you live and play a part in. It is the only game on the market right now which provides the MMO experience as it was originally intended. No other MMO provides the depth, immersion or long term playablity that AA provides. Just one big non-instanced world which you can use to fit your own play style.

It is sad to hear all the hate when what is being hated is a choice of the player to partake in. Given that there is NO ALTERNATIVE to Archeage at the moment, what you are left with are shallow themeparks. How players can write off this truly unique game because they can't control their impulses is beyond me. It is even worse that the game has such a horrible reputation when players play a part in feeding it themselves simply because they are not patient enough to earn it over time. Just play the game at your own pace, forget about your neighbor and how they got their gear and you'll be fine.

Also you asked the wrong forums, as the players here have an extreme vendetta against Archeage and will flame ANYONE who defends or speaks positive about it.
    I was one of Trion's biggest fans and I was one of the biggest fans of this game when it launched.  Untill I saw how it was under the surface.  So its not the players fault for expecting a great game to be good or decent.  But instead this great game is a piece of crap and its the developers fault.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    If you need it sold to you, dont play it. Its only good with a solid group to play with anyway.