Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This is MY experience with SC so far ...

rawfoxrawfox Member UncommonPosts: 788
Hey people,

i've read a lot of pro's and con's since years about StarCitizen.
As casual n00b i bought some 28.- € entrance with a ship, a hangar and my feet into the game.
That was nearly 2 years ago and since then its on my HDD.

In that time i saw a lot to complain about, i mean like A LOT.
On the other hand the thing made me stunning in the same way, because that was the concept, i wanted for Eve.
Give me a toon and let me play him the universe.

So, playing this toon in my Hangar was already more exciting then playing my toon in Eve in my "Hangar".
Getting into the ship, running around, having this experience outside in space, leaving the ship with your toon and fly in space, feeling non-gravity, that is epic.

There is a lot stuff into, that makes me still stunning, like the grafix for example.
I think the computers still need to be build, to make it a flooty experience, but with the help of the community i could place a config file into the games folders to make the grafix less demanding.

So since 2 years i have this Hangar and my scrubby ship, while they progressed on the new player experience and wrote the FPS module that i can not play until its free for the 28.-€ n00bs.

So i enjoyed the new tutorial, made me learn how to fly.
My ship and me are not able to kill anyone in the free flight experience, but i can learn to operate my ship, to land it on a pad and to leave it for having a look :)

All we have for now, is some modules that are not even ready yet.
I'd love to play the Marines module, but i would need to pay more into the game to get access for the alpha.

What i can not see yet is the persistent universe, but they are working on it and what i saw, its pretty high up on their list.
I hope, the PU is the point, were they can bring the modules together, to have something like a first game.
Its a major task to bring such a monster online and it will need some more time to bring it to live, but what i saw was the right concept of a spacegame.

Lets hope, they bring the right game mechanics as well, to make players compete over planets and sectors in "their" space.
In my experience we need to have some more years to wait until we get something.
That is because there is soo mutch more to do ...

Good luck, Star Citizen !!

Comments

• ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    Welcome to the 'Verse !

BTW you SHOULD have Alpha access... see this news from 14th October 2015 from CIG Disco Lando:

"Hey all,

So, in yesterday's Letter from the Chairman, Chris announced that we're removing access passes and that all backers of Star Citizen with game packages will have access to all aspects of Star Citizen going forward.

With that in mind, I wanted to issue a few clarifications to what was said there.

1) Dedicated Alpha and Beta Access is going away. If you have a game package, you get to play Star Citizen in every stage of development, including Alpha and Beta.

2) Those folks with Alpha Access on their game packages will be awarded 10,000 UEC for each game package you own.

3) Those folks who purchased a $5 Arena Commander Pass will NOT be getting 5000 UEC for that pass, but will instead have that pass automatically exchanged for $5 in store credit, that you can spend on UEC or anything else you'd prefer in Star Citizen.

4) There will be a permanent raise on the UEC cap of 10k to accommodate most of this.

5) For those of you with many game packages and/or lots of stored UEC, you may go over the cap raise to accommodate your increasing wealth, but you will not be able to purchase additional UEC until you have spent the excess and dropped below the new cap.

Thanks everyone,

DL "

Have fun

• rawfoxrawfox Member UncommonPosts: 788
    Thats great news, indeed, but why wont it let me play the Marines FPS thing ?
    Its just greyed out in game.
  • TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 3,026
    I really need to use the word "flooty" from now on.

You stay sassy!

Im still not able to start S42, its the "Star Marine" in the electronic access, right ?
    Then i saw a video from PTS - wow, thats a closed thing or ?
  • TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    Just send Erillion a private message and he will work with you to get you sorted out.

Have Fun!
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

Hello rawfox,

the game is still in Alpha. Only parts of the game can be play-tested. There is no full game yet.

Squadron 42 will be out sometime in 2016 according to CIG.

Star Marine is a first-person-shooter sub-game  (marines versus pirates) - the equivalent of the Arena Commander ship dogfight module. To be played in the sim-pod. It has been worked on a lot recently and is due out soon.

Next module for you to check out is the mini-Persistent Universe, the  multiplayer part. At the moment 15.000 playtesters are stress testing it and you should be able to test it yourself soon. Around the planet Crusader in Stanton system you will be able to take missions, choose ships, fight in space and on the ground, race with your friends, repair satellites etc.

Have fun 
    Yo Erillion, that explains why i cant launch Star Marine, i thought its the Squadron42 Module but i was wrong.

For the mini-PU i need access to the PTU server, what sadly is greyed out to me in my account settings.
    Any idea how i can access that ?
    Erillion said:
    Well, it seems my account is not eligible and i think im missing the needed badges (Public Test Badge).
    How can i change that ?

"Keegan-CIG: To clarify on a common question, we needed active testers as fast as possible for rapid testing. We appreciate your understanding. We are limited by the number of account managing staff members tonight for the late hour we are working. They needed to manually add badges for each person to get them in in a timely manner, which is a very time intensive and tedious process. We needed to condense the workload of adding badges, by using those who responded to the thread to guarantee they would be on at that moment. Please stay tuned! We promise we aren't forgetting our early citizens and subscribers!"

I recommend you log into the SC chat on the official CIG homepage

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/community/chat

and ask if there is a dev that is handing out those badges mentioned in the PTU FAQ.

Have fun

Erillion said:

"Keegan-CIG: To clarify on a common question, we needed active testers as fast as possible for rapid testing. We appreciate your understanding. We are limited by the number of account managing staff members tonight for the late hour we are working. They needed to manually add badges for each person to get them in in a timely manner, which is a very time intensive and tedious process. We needed to condense the workload of adding badges, by using those who responded to the thread to guarantee they would be on at that moment. Please stay tuned! We promise we aren't forgetting our early citizens and subscribers!"

I recommend you log into the SC chat on the official CIG homepage

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/community/chat

and ask if there is a dev that is handing out those badges mentioned in the PTU FAQ.

Have fun

Thanks for your support.
    It looks like the PTU access actually only works on invitation base.
    There is a ton of ppl waiting for access, so i think ill have to have more patience.