Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Strategy Medieval MMORPG, Where Everyone Have A Town To Rule

nerovergilnerovergil Member UncommonPosts: 680
I think its fun, you can gather troops, gather resources, hired peon,  building barrack, farm,  manage the economy and warfare of the town, attack other town with your troops, like kingdom under fire 2. in a combat aspect where u slash the heck out of a troops

Comments

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    DMKano said:
    Civilization Online - you should check it out.
    except Civilization online ,quickly escalates to gunpowder,nukes , Spaceage , and is not what the op was asking for ...

Kingdom Wars is a much better approach to the op request ....http://store.steampowered.com/app/227180/

• HeronnHeronn Member UncommonPosts: 39
    No, what he/she is referring to is a strategy game that is tailored like an mmo-rpg, the computing power to generate a setting like that would have to be enormous. Nothing that statistic focused could ever be accomplished within this era lol..

It's just too complex, there are many things that KUF2 is not telling you like how it's more arcade than what really meets the eye when you look at it. 
    umm There are Hundreds of players on one map of Kingdom wars .. is is exactly that
  • nerovergilnerovergil Member UncommonPosts: 680
    Heronn said:
    No, what he/she is referring to is a strategy game that is tailored like an mmo-rpg, the computing power to generate a setting like that would have to be enormous. Nothing that statistic focused could ever be accomplished within this era lol..

It's just too complex, there are many things that KUF2 is not telling you like how it's more arcade than what really meets the eye when you look at it. 
    It can be done now. Just no dev has this idea.
    an rpg dude, you only play a single character in an rpg..
    Heronn said:
    an rpg dude, you only play a single character in an rpg..
    go read, you do play the ruler of your kingdom , with advisors etc .. story , and rpg elements Dude ... go read about it first .. knee -jerk responses look stupid dude
  • l2avisml2avism Member UncommonPosts: 386
    edited November 2015
    Heronn said:

It can be done now. Just no dev has this idea.
    There are already mmorts's.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_massively_multiplayer_online_real-time_strategy_games

TitleStatusGraphicsSettingSubscription ModelInitial Release DateServer Close DateNotes
    Blitzkrieg 3In Development3DWorld War IIBuy gameMay 2015
    Age of Empires OnlineDefunctIsometricFree-to-playAugust 16, 2011July 1, 2014[1]
    Beyond ProtocolReleasedNovember 2008
    Boom BeachReleasedFreemiumNovember 11, 2013 (Canada only)
    March 26, 2014 (worldwide)
    Clash of ClansReleasedFreemiumAugust 2, 2012
    Company of Heroes OnlineDefunctWorld War IIBuy gameSeptember 2, 2010March 31, 2011
    DarkSpaceReleasedDecember 21, 2001
    Dawn of FantasyReleasedMedievalSeptember 6, 2011
    End of NationsOn HoldTBA
    Happy FarmReleasedAutumn 2008
    Imperia OnlineReleasedMedievalFreemiumAugust 23, 2005
    MankindReleasedDecember 1998
    Monopoly City StreetsReleasedSeptember 9, 2009
    SagaReleasedMarch 4, 2008
    Shattered GalaxyReleased2001
    SocietyIn-DevelopmentTBA
    Stronghold KingdomsReleasedIsometricMedieval EuropeFreemium28 May 2009
    TravianReleasedFreemium5 September 2004
    MechheroReleasedRobots WarFreemium ???Link - [1]
    War of LegendsDefunctAncient China19 January 201022 December 2014Available in English and German
    ZandagortReleased2DSci-fiAbsolutely FreeSummer 2008Available in English and Hungarian
    Yeah but none of them are persistent enough, look it really comes down to something simple..the same ADHD gamer based mmo's, within a deep framework where everyone plays a small role in a sandbox setting. If all you read so far sounds familiar your probably right, but strategy takes many forms.

Remember strategy is not tactics, its more slow and deliberate.
  • DrDread74DrDread74 Member UncommonPosts: 308

Simply making a map with "thousands of players on it" is a gimmick. You don't' ever see past the 5 around you and most likely they are 100x as powerful as you are.

You can't make a meaningful RPG where EVERYONE has a castle. You CAN easily make an RPG that has a lot of villages, towns, cities, and castles each that can be RULED by a player. That is a much more practical system and would be much, much cooler especially if the ruler ship had to be earned by fighting against (politically) other players or even elected in and your position would have to be maintained.

The game I'm working on "Barons of the Galaxy"  http://baronsofthegalaxy.com/  is going to work in that way. I wish more RPGs would do something like it.

http://baronsofthegalaxy.com/
     An MMO game I created, solo. It's live now and absolutely free to play!
    DrDread74 said:

Simply making a map with "thousands of players on it" is a gimmick. You don't' ever see past the 5 around you and most likely they are 100x as powerful as you are.

You can't make a meaningful RPG where EVERYONE has a castle. You CAN easily make an RPG that has a lot of villages, towns, cities, and castles each that can be RULED by a player. That is a much more practical system and would be much, much cooler especially if the ruler ship had to be earned by fighting against (politically) other players or even elected in and your position would have to be maintained.

The game I'm working on "Barons of the Galaxy"  http://baronsofthegalaxy.com/  is going to work in that way. I wish more RPGs would do something like it.

i hate science fiction, pls make medieval
  • IwayloIwaylo Member UncommonPosts: 174
    I remember the early days of Tera Online when there was something like this, having someone to rule over regions taxes n shit. Now it's Alliance and ruling over 1 zone and fighting each week.
    DrDread74 said:

Every player should be able to rule a town, but the best player rule an empire......I want every player has the ability to rule town and taste that gameplay, not just top player
    Barons of the galaxy has a nice appeal, although I cant help but wonder how close you'd put the accelerated start players to the free ones, that is just a way of saying 'pls kill me now' like that agar.io game lol.

I think the closest game that ever realised a first person 'grand strategy' would be that ww2 shooter "heroes and generals". The level progression to a general allows you to spawn tickets for a round based 16vs16 tdm, so that real players could use them to win over the enemies territory. That is the closest a game has come so far.