Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone excited for Lost Ark Online?

LazzaroLazzaro Member UncommonPosts: 548
edited November 2015 in Lost Ark
This seems to be the new Korean ARGMMO people want to come over to the west.  From what I've seen and read about the little info there is, it seems to be shaping up awesome.  I'm not the biggest ARPG fan, but I do play them from time to time.  

What really has be interested is the HUGE emphasis the devs have on Open World Content.

"Last but not least, Lost Ark is not a dungeon-based game. It stresses on open world adventure." The world will be really huge, according to Ji Won-gil."

We probably won't see this game in the west for at least 2 years, but here's hoping it turns out well.
Post edited by Amana on

Comments

• agentsi1511agentsi1511 Member UncommonPosts: 47
    It can't come out fast enough. It's looks insanely well done so far.
  • DibdabsDibdabs Member RarePosts: 3,203
    Yet another rehash of Diablo.  Yawn.
  • stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519
    can't wait to start watching it on streams.  looking forward to this game.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• IwayloIwaylo Member UncommonPosts: 174
    edited November 2015
    I wouldn't exactly call myself excited for that game, but i do follow all up coming stuff and this game in particular is interesting how it will end up. All the flashy stuff that are being shown so far are good disguise on the games flaws. That being said, i believe many of us will need new computers.
  • ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476
    Ahh " NO "
    MrMelGibson
    " Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
  • nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Dibdabs said:
    Yet another rehash of Diablo.  Yawn.
    Yet another rehash of Diablo. Yeah!!
  • KilmaulKilmaul Member UncommonPosts: 121
    Not even a little bit.
    MrMelGibson
    I don't know how the "open world" part is going to work. I would much prefer they do a good straight up Diablo-ish game with different mechanics and lore.

If it is a force-grouping game, i may as well just go back to Diablo 3. 
  • KiyorisKiyoris Member RarePosts: 2,130
  • LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965
    Honestly. I am still waiting to see a good MMO coming out from east.

Sure they all look good. But on the end it turns out to have derivative gameplay, heavily orientated on grind and real bizarre story.

Dont think this one will be different.

• Gaming.Rocks2Gaming.Rocks2 Member UncommonPosts: 531
    Honestly. I am still waiting to see a good MMO coming out from east.

Sure they all look good. But on the end it turns out to have derivative gameplay, heavily orientated on grind and real bizarre story.

Dont think this one will be different.
    Final Fantasy XI
    Final Fantasy XIV
    Lineage
    Lineage II
    Aion
    Tera
    Ragnorak Online

Define a good MMO. 
    Gaming Rocks next gen. community for last gen. gamers launching soon. 
    DMKano said:

Kiyoris said:
    Stereotype much? 

It's not a stereotype if it's true. It's a fact that the majority of Korean F2P pay2win, just look at Nexon.
    Viper482

Aion
    Tera
    Ragnorak Online

lol
  • grizzeldergrizzelder Member UncommonPosts: 27

Yea but it's a while away like DMkano said.

Lineage eternal is another one if your interested in lost ark and aiming for a global release I believe.

• LazzaroLazzaro Member UncommonPosts: 548
    It's going into beta in January.  It's been in a friends and family for a bit now.  I would expect a East release sometime next year.

Also, I heard it's going to P2P instead of F2P
  • KayAndroidKayAndroid Member UncommonPosts: 59
    I think the game looks pretty cool, I play Path of Exile sometimes, and Lost Ark might have the same appeal for me.
    The thing I hate the most about Path of Exile, is how run-down and broke my character always looks! I understand that it fits the lore and setting of the game, but I really like looking flashier as I level up :P. Lost Ark looks like it could satisfy my inner beauty-queen. 
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    edited November 2015
    [mod edit]

I'm very much looking forward to it, I have the same fears as everyone else though. It being Korean increases the chance that the US publisher will royally f#%k it up and monetize/p2w it and chase the majority of the community away within 2-3 years.
    Post edited by Vaross on
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • KabulozoKabulozo Member RarePosts: 932
    I'm expecting Lineage Eternal more hoping to see a great world pvp like Lineage 1.
  • AnirethAnireth Member UncommonPosts: 940
    From watching only the occasional gameplay video, it sure looks and sounds nice. But we'll see what's left of the promises etc. once it's released. And what other games are around then.

I'll wait to the day's end when the moon is high
    And then I'll rise with the tide with a lust for life, I'll
    Amass an army, and we'll harness a horde
    And then we'll limp across the land until we stand at the shore

• DibdabsDibdabs Member RarePosts: 3,203
    Final Fantasy XIV
    Lineage
    Lineage II
    Aion
    Tera
    Ragnorak Online

Define a good MMO. 
    None of the above.
    ManWithNoTan
  • wormedwormed Member UncommonPosts: 472
    I'm super stoked for it.

Lineage eternal is another one if your interested in lost ark and aiming for a global release I believe.

Is Lineage Eternal going to be more instanced than Lost Ark?
  • KabulozoKabulozo Member RarePosts: 932
    edited November 2015

Nobody really knows how much instanced concent will be present in LE. Lineage veteran players like me expect they don't intervene-kill the open world areas-bosses and pvp.

But everybody knows that developers don't have balls nowadays and will try again to cater every kind of player, and as always it will unplease everybody because the lack of focus, trying to attract hardcore, casuals, and single player gamers at the same time doesn't work.
  • LazzaroLazzaro Member UncommonPosts: 548

Hopefully not :(
  • nycplayboy78nycplayboy78 Member UncommonPosts: 212
    Kiyoris said:
    LOL...You STOOPID!!!!! HAHAHAHAHA :)