Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Player Population At It's Lowest Since 2008

123457»

Comments

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342
    edited November 2015
    filmoret said:
     Guess you don't notice anything because you are using a gaming laptop and not a normal one like the rest of the world.
    Eh...you are using non-gaming computer and complain it can't keep up....seriously?
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Gdemami said:
    filmoret said:
     Guess you don't notice anything because you are using a gaming laptop and not a normal one like the rest of the world.
    Eh...you are using non-gaming computer and complain it can't keep up....seriously?
    As I thought not a problem with the game's optimisation.

You should never play MMORPGS on anything less than a mid grade gaming desktop or laptop, your experience will suffer.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• jackocompjackocomp Member UncommonPosts: 50
    EVE is 10+ years old!

CCP stuffed EVE when they diverted programming & other resources away from the game years ago.

EVE has always had a thing about using a lot of resources on some system configurations, not EVERYONE own's or wants a GAMING LAPTOP or system & stats suggest that more players DO NOT HAVE them than do...
    Also you do realise that if only people with GAMING system played MMO's then there really wouldn't be that many people playing MMO's any more. That comment makes me scratch my head & wonder WTF is wrong with you?

Anyway we shall see how much longer EVE remains around for. I give EVE 2 years before down sizing begins....

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    H0urg1ass said:
    Bigdaddyx said:
    Looks like the 'hardcore' finally got rid of lot of players with their harassment and exploits.
    If all that left were the whiney kids that want to take our hardcore game away, then good riddance.  EVE survived on 5k, 10k,  20k... concurrent players in the past.  It will keep surviving as it always has.

For all the softcore gamers, we are assured that Star Citizen is on it's way.  I'm sure that the less hardened space adventurers will find a home there.
    IF (and thats a big IF) Star Citizen ever launches it will be interesting to see how it does affect Eve.....The game is 11 years old.....New players have zero chance of competing with veteran players.....Also paying a sub model for an 11 year old game has to be pushing the limits.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    jackocomp said:
    EVE is 10+ years old!

CCP stuffed EVE when they diverted programming & other resources away from the game years ago.

EVE has always had a thing about using a lot of resources on some system configurations, not EVERYONE own's or wants a GAMING LAPTOP or system & stats suggest that more players DO NOT HAVE them than do...
    Also you do realise that if only people with GAMING system played MMO's then there really wouldn't be that many people playing MMO's any more. That comment makes me scratch my head & wonder WTF is wrong with you?

Anyway we shall see how much longer EVE remains around for. I give EVE 2 years before down sizing begins....

In the beginning.....only people with good gaming computers could play MMORPGS.  
    WOW changed the landscape and not for the better. I'll be happy to see the casual gamer swept from the genre, and a return to the more discerning users.

Enjoy your MOBAs.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• mark2123mark2123 Member UncommonPosts: 450
    edited November 2015
    Kyleran said:
    jackocomp said:
    EVE is 10+ years old!

WOW changed the landscape and not for the better. I'll be happy to see the casual gamer swept from the genre, and a return to the more discerning users.

Enjoy your MOBAs.
    Before wife, kids, business, I was pretty full-on with my MMOs.  Now I am a casual due to time constraints i.e. there's a lot more to life than playing on a computer all day.

Are people like me to leave the genre now then as time-served, no matter how much we may have contributed to it's success thus far?
    Post edited by mark2123 on
  • filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    Kyleran said:
    jackocomp said:
    EVE is 10+ years old!

Enjoy your MOBAs.
    Enjoy your solitude with that broken tired computer of yours.
    Are you onto something or just on something?