Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veteran Ranks Being Removed -- Early Planning Announced | Elder Scrolls Online | MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited November 2015 in News & Features Discussion

imageVeteran Ranks Being Removed -- Early Planning Announced | Elder Scrolls Online | MMORPG.com

Rich Lambert has taken to the Elder Scrolls Online forums to let players know that Veteran Ranks are in the planning stages to be removed from the game. He does, however, say that the team is not quite ready to speak to how precisely things will change as it is still in the early, non-finalized stages of planning.

Read the full story here

Comments

• HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
    Lol replacing one bad system with another.
  • meonthissitemeonthissite Member UncommonPosts: 917
    I'm all for post max level advancement in games but I've never played one that had two systems which is what made this so terrible to begin with. I'm glad they are changing it. I keep seeing people complaining about CP but they obviously haven't played lately. I got 6 CP levels yesterday without even trying, just running around playing normally. It's not that difficult.
  • NomadMorlockNomadMorlock Member UncommonPosts: 815
    This will be so much better for leveling alts!  Just 1-50 and you have the same Champion Points as your main. I may try some other classes in PvP now. 
  • Joseph_KerrJoseph_Kerr Member RarePosts: 1,113
    I was never a fan of the vet system, maybe they've got something better. It felt to me like an alternate advancement system that should have been present throughout leveling rather than something that started at lvl 50.
  • MickyknoxMickyknox Member UncommonPosts: 61
    Awsome cant wait !!!
  • TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 3,026
    This will save the game. Orsinium proved allowing more players options to enter a zone was a very wise choice. It is the number 1 reason why I keep ending my sub after short bursts of playing.

The scaling mechanic is not likely needed unless areas scaled to high cp is far beyond low cp capability. I'll await to see how much of a difference it really makes. Opening up all zones for viable exploration is the key here or why else are they doing it?

You stay sassy!

• Scott_JeslisScott_Jeslis Member RarePosts: 628
    One advanced level, CP, is fine by me, similar to the new Mastery levels in GW2.
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    It's good they're updating on how this is going. I do wish they'd update their testing protocols so stuff doesn't break on big updates.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• cerulean2012cerulean2012 Member UncommonPosts: 492
    They where going to remove them a year ago, now they act like it is a new thing. 
  • TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 3,026
    Octagon7711 said:
    It's good they're updating on how this is going. I do wish they'd update their testing protocols so stuff doesn't break on big updates.

Loving them finally confirming this change. Scared out of mind over how broken this game will be for a few weeks after patch. :(

You stay sassy!

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    edited November 2015
    cerulean2012 said:
    They where going to remove them a year ago, now they act like it is a new thing. 

Looks like the B2P switch as well as new content were prioritized first.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    Distopia said:
    cerulean2012 said:

Looks like the B2P switch as well as new content were prioritized first.

That and I believe they said removing VR proved to be a little more challenging than they originally thought it would be.

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Whether their plan works or fails remains to be seen, but at least they are listening to their community to an extent.
  • superconductingsuperconducting Member UncommonPosts: 871
    If they had removed VR sooner I might have returned to the game after reaching VR.

• Dagon13Dagon13 Member UncommonPosts: 566
    I'm disappointed that they call it "early planning" when it's been a topic of discussion for how long?  All this time and they reveal that they've only just started thinking about it.
  • NomadMorlockNomadMorlock Member UncommonPosts: 815
    From the posts on the forums they already have the system just about ready to patch in and test.  It is however not finalized and open to tweaks.
  • Abuz0rAbuz0r Member UncommonPosts: 550
    I'm going to re-sub this game and give it another shot. Unlike all of the other MMOs I get frustrated with, it seems ESO actually makes changes when the players dislike a system really bad. I haven't played this game since it was p2p, and everyone was talking about item duping and warehouse wipes. I just stopped logging in I assumed my warehouse was probably wiped and I didn't want to bother fooling around. Looks like it's time for another shot!
  • zeuseasonzeuseason Member UncommonPosts: 69
    Hurray! Finally removing on of the worst ideas in MMO history. I might just log back in and sub back up. Great game massively flawed by end game being a long stretch away.
  • Charlie.CheswickCharlie.Cheswick Member UncommonPosts: 469
    This is a positive step in the right direction, allowing much more flexibility & tweaks in the future.

This change is a win/win for all.
    -Chuckles
  • goemoegoemoe Member UncommonPosts: 272
    Good move, ZOS. Can't wait for details.
  • du66erdu66er Member UncommonPosts: 4
    edited November 2015
    I am still frustrated over the falsehoods stated at the beginning of the game . . . This game is for team and SOLO play. SOLO play ends at Level 12. That is the point in the game where you MUST find a team to proceed. The only problem is that there are minimal people who want to team up there. So, from level 12 - 14, you grind. That is boring. Now, ESO develops MORE team-only play???

GAME OVER
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,952
    du66er said:
    I am still frustrated over the falsehoods stated at the beginning of the game . . . This game is for team and SOLO play. SOLO play ends at Level 12.

GAME OVER

Are you joking? Solo play ends at level 12? Are you on some sort of Nightmare difficulty server? You can solo up to Veteran Level, no problem.
  • du66erdu66er Member UncommonPosts: 4
    So, the game is now "fixed" because I renamed a CP140, instead of a Level-14??? What about the main problem that kills every MMRPG . . . The early end-game for SOLO players? Again, this is a GREAT game up until Level-12. Then, it ends.

So, if ESO is OK with end-game for SOLO players, then they have a great business model.
  • Drock77Drock77 Member UncommonPosts: 1
    I've leveled 4 characters to Vet levels in six months and have grouped up very little and never because I had to, if something was too hard I came back a few levels later and solo'd it.
  • wyldmagikwyldmagik Member UncommonPosts: 516
    edited November 2015
    du66er said:
    So, the game is now "fixed" because I renamed a CP140, instead of a Level-14??? What about the main problem that kills every MMRPG . . . The early end-game for SOLO players? Again, this is a GREAT game up until Level-12. Then, it ends.

So, if ESO is OK with end-game for SOLO players, then they have a great business model.
    Are you for real? :dizzy:

Sure are some levels to do a boss dungeon for say fighters guild will need a couple of peeps, but even then I went back and solo'd it later instead. It was not needed to be done at that time if you did not want to.
    Otherwise the whole game solo thing ending at lvl 12? Ugh absolutely not, I just don't see what at lvl 12 you could of had trouble with lol, you must really be doing something wrong with the skills because I have yet to find it hard to solo to max level and beyond.

p.s on a different note is anyone else getting champion points coming out their ass right now? I seem to do a quest or two and get like 4 CP's in one hit, a little while ago I used to get them once in a blue moon when the bar reached end but it seems they are coming in thick and fast of late or the bar is just moving quicker for some reason. This is on one of my vet toons at vet 3 right now.