Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looks like it go to really bad at SWTOR forums.

BigdaddyxBigdaddyx Member UncommonPosts: 2,039
edited November 2015 in Star Wars: The Old Republic
I was on verge of subscribing again because my brother wouldn't stop talking about new changes and how he is enjoying the new patch. But then today when he was upset and told me not to resub i decided to check out the forums to get an idea. Oh boy..it was really bad in there. last time i saw these many people who cancelled or unsub was during Ilum. They even moved that topic with over 500 replies about unsubbing to off topic but thew new topics just wouldn't stop coming up. They have already deleted a good amount of topics but seems like damage control is not working.

I am so glad i didn't resub. Seems like BW is gonna lose a good chunk of player again.

Comments

• Acebets70Acebets70 Member UncommonPosts: 269
    Shock face?
  • BigdaddyxBigdaddyx Member UncommonPosts: 2,039
    Acebets70 said:
    Shock face?
    More like Smiley face that i saved my money. I was gonna drop some 50 bucks on the cartel packs (some new armor in there looks very good) along with a sub. Its been quite a while since i subbed to any MMO.

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Yoda face. I know he's mad.
  • MalaboogaMalabooga Member UncommonPosts: 2,977
    edited November 2015
    What is surprising thats standard BW/EA procedure, sweep it under the rug.

Tomorrow forums will be nice and clean with "thank you Bioware" topics. Happy land! Rainbows and Unicorns!

Also, have to count in mass bans that will also occur.
  • CrosswireCrosswire Member UncommonPosts: 264
    edited November 2015

Is there something wrong with this game?  I was thinking of re-subbing, but first tried it FTP.  What I found was that the game had terrible lag.  Other players were popping in and out of existence.  I myself was rubber banding all over the shop.  I re-logged about 10 times with the same result - (unplayable)

I have cable and a super hot computer, runs fantastic with GW2 and ESO, so the problem doesn't stem from that.

• CryptorCryptor Member UncommonPosts: 523
    It does not matter how good the new movie will be, SWtOR is a horrible, horrid, very bad game.

• zaylinzaylin Member UncommonPosts: 794
    Ehh the Majority of it is people pissing and moaning that they nerfed the  companions...imo they needed to, 4.0 did make them a bit OP, all they did was scale them down a bit for balance. My comp was sherdding shit at Rank 12.
  • blutm8blutm8 Member UncommonPosts: 86
    edited November 2015
    zaylin said:
    Ehh the Majority of it is people pissing and moaning that they nerfed the  companions...imo they needed to, 4.0 did make them a bit OP, all they did was scale them down a bit for balance. My comp was sherdding shit at Rank 12.
    that's right.

those wining players are complaining about that they can't solo the game not so good anymore... IN A F*CKING MMO (reminder: MMO is a MULTIPLAYER GAME)

THAT is why those people going to unsub... im actually a subber too and there is no real reasonfor me to unsub.
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    blutm8 said:
    zaylin said:
    that's right.

those wining players are complaining about that they can't solo the game not so good anymore... IN A F*CKING MMO (reminder: MMO is a MULTIPLAYER GAME)

THAT is why those people going to unsub... im actually a subber too and there is no real reasonfor me to unsub.
    When the initial changes were made to the companions, they were far too overpowered, at that point soloing everything became ridiculously easy, boring even, the only question now is, have they reduced companion effectiveness too much or not.
    I have been using companions of various levels a bit, and one thing i've noticed more than anything, is that the companions definitely become much more effective as they are levelled up, and by levelling up, i mean influence, unfortunately this has meant spending a fair amount of time grinding the whole gifting thing in order to improve influence, on the one hand at least gifts are slightly more effective than they used to, but, as it takes 3 seconds per gift, and to just get some kind of base line effectiveness from your companion you have to give them around 200 of the level 1 gifts, that is fairly time consuming, if not monotonous, and after hearing the set speech each companion gives when given a gift, a bit wearing.
    What it does mean is that Heroic 2's can be solo'd to a degree, but not all of them, and not easily, but i see that as a good thing, as the rewards for doing Heroics are worth having, so finding someone to group with to get them, its worth taking the time to do so, particularly after the crafting changes, i have yet to do some more research into the crafting again, as its a bit more complicated than before, Cybertech for instance, can no longer make armouring mods, thats now crafted by Armourmech, probably not a bad thing, as before there was very little reason to choose Armourmech crafting skill.
    Then there were the changes to the 'commendations' where players could exchange commendations for mods, blue rated mods at that, now, you have crystals, and the only gear you can exchange it for, is green rated, which is basically barely worth having, instead your probably better off using your crystals to buy companion gifts, which, as you no longer have to gear up your companions in any way, there is little reason not to.
    Lot of changes, some good, some bad, going to take time for the dust to settle before we see if the overall changes are positive or not. Being able to solo Heroic 2's though, is not perhaps as serious an issue as some would make out.
    edited November 2015
    blutm8 said:
    zaylin said:
    that's right.

"F*CKING MMO"

You 100% nailed how vast majority reacts to MMOs. Gratz.

and vast majority reaction to 4.0.2. Double Gratz.
    Post edited by Malabooga on
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Hell hath no fury greater than a solo centric gamer forced into grouping to improve efficiency, or increasing the action gamers downtime or grind.

Pretty much what I see most of the complaints as.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• WicoaWicoa Member UncommonPosts: 1,637
    edited November 2015
    This action gamer is moving to BNS.  My guild in swtor has collapsed they have mostly moved to neverwinter, some like me are onto BNS.

This happened over night and directly because of the patch.

What many people forget is, that SWTOR is and has been touted as a solo centric story driven mmorpg.

This isn't Planetside 2 where the engine can handle 100s of people together fighting.  It can't, so the game for the most part played to its strengths which have now become a weakness.

mmorpgs are a business, they just hurt their business really really badly.  It will cost them internally.

Its their fault they didnt test the companions thoroughly enough, its their fault they didn't test server incremental changes, its their fault that they smashed companions to smitherenes to the point where there is no point in having them.

It is not the customers fault for enjoying a live aspect of the game and then being cross when it got pounded and I mean POUNDED by the nurf bat.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Crosswire said:

Is there something wrong with this game?  I was thinking of re-subbing, but first tried it FTP.  What I found was that the game had terrible lag.  Other players were popping in and out of existence.  I myself was rubber banding all over the shop.  I re-logged about 10 times with the same result - (unplayable)

I have cable and a super hot computer, runs fantastic with GW2 and ESO, so the problem doesn't stem from that.

I played it quite a lot for a couple months when it came out,i wouldn't say it is really bad,it is just not really good either.
    The best way i can sum up the game is amateur game developer.I know Bioware has some credentials on past OLDER single player games,but  as to making a mmo i don't see any skill there at all.

Matter of fact,what i did notice is all they did was take KOTOR and turn it into a weak mmo and i really never thought much of KOTOR either.
    Gameplay:What is it?super linear questing,like about as linear as it gets,so they took the worst idea for leveling ever created and made it even more boring,linear.The combat is very weak and the voice overs don't save the questing.

The ONE common topic that has always come up with this game is STORY.I do not buy into the story being good at all,matte of fact,i felt that amateur game design all over again because to me the story was  the same on both sides ....conspiracy theory 101.I am pretty sure there would be more to life than just conspiracies all over.Then that CHOICE dialogue,i predicted before it even came out there would be that typical 3 choice idea and i was right and it is weak at best.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878
    This game works best as a solo with the option to group for pvp and dungeons. For that I would pay a sub.

Otherwise, this game is tedious. It was fun for me when the companions were strong. I could enjoy what I wanted to -- the class stories. That would have kept me busy and paying for a sub and cartel coins for gear for months. Now it's not fun any more. It's as simple as that.

I never wanted to play this game as an mmorpg or as a tedious slog -- which it feels like now. Therefore, I unsubbed. There were two days left on my sub, so the last patch came just in time before I renewed. I'm happy I got out now.

There are much better mmorpgs out there.

• CrosswireCrosswire Member UncommonPosts: 264
    Wizardry said:
    Crosswire said:

I played it quite a lot for a couple months when it came out,i wouldn't say it is really bad,it is just not really good either.
    The best way i can sum up the game is amateur game developer.I know Bioware has some credentials on past OLDER single player games,but  as to making a mmo i don't see any skill there at all.

Matter of fact,what i did notice is all they did was take KOTOR and turn it into a weak mmo and i really never thought much of KOTOR either.
    Gameplay:What is it?super linear questing,like about as linear as it gets,so they took the worst idea for leveling ever created and made it even more boring,linear.The combat is very weak and the voice overs don't save the questing.

The ONE common topic that has always come up with this game is STORY.I do not buy into the story being good at all,matte of fact,i felt that amateur game design all over again because to me the story was  the same on both sides ....conspiracy theory 101.I am pretty sure there would be more to life than just conspiracies all over.Then that CHOICE dialogue,i predicted before it even came out there would be that typical 3 choice idea and i was right and it is weak at best.

I always felt that Bioware should stick with single player story driven games, they don't seem terribly good on the multiplayer front.
  • ImpacthoundImpacthound Member UncommonPosts: 367
    Crosswire said:

I always felt that Bioware should stick with single player story driven games, they don't seem terribly good on the multiplayer front.
    I was surprised at how watchable the current storyline is, it's a decent 3-hour movie, although a little too similar to Mass Effect's themes and elements. The MMO part of the game is where it really shows below the rest of the industry. Everything they do is worse than their competitors, watering down game systems, lack of development and boring, simplistic encounters, with awful in-game rewards and a focus on the Cartel packs instead of earning any meaningful cosmetic accomplishments. Poor class balance with wild changes from one patch to another, and a complete lack of consistent vision for ongoing growth. "Here's spaceship PVP! Oh, we give up on it now. Here's housing! Oh, you're buying furniture with cartel coins, here's more housing locations!"
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    Kyleran said:
    Hell hath no fury greater than a solo centric gamer forced into grouping to improve efficiency, or increasing the action gamers downtime or grind.

I see your point, but you have to consider that is the exact player base SWTOR was marketing to. How would you feel if EVE went all "Theme Park" on you.
    edited November 2015
    From official forums

" GhostRaven View Post
    Eric, you ask for feedback, and what I see is appalling, when last night this thread had over 1400 replies and this morning its down to 1017, so you are moderating the thread and what... removing all the ones you feel isnt necessary,
    Whats the deal? Bad form old boy .. bad form. No matter how you try justify the change, or remove threads because you feel its too revealing.. the point is paying customers are not happy with the product. I find the removal of threads disturbin"

And thats just one thread in few hours.

If you take into account only subscribers can post on forums....
  • NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,654
    zaylin said:
    What's it to you? And on what authority?

Seriously, I have a problem with being under constant threat of having my gameplay screwed up because of a vocal minority.

THAT is why I'm out. Not so much the companions.

Not to mention people are tired of the lies and treated like crap, such as having posts moved or deleted.

There's always some drama with EA. It gets old.

This game isn't for hardcore, it's a lazy, casual themepark.

And no, you can't have my stuff. I wouldn't want you to have an "unfair advantage".
    To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
  • NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,654

blutm8 said:
    zaylin said:

that's right.

MMO have nothing to do with having to group with other people in the game at all, new guy.

Secondly, I can't stand another minute of carrying you gimps through tacticals or leveling you level 15s in a level 65 FP. I'm not here to level your character. I don't have time to kill every trash mob in sight for your xp.

Even if you do manage to get to 65, you still have to be carried most likely.

So no. No thank you. 
    To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    I'm sure SWTOR will look at the number those who stay and those who leave and make the needed changes based on how the majority of their player-base is reacting to the new changes.  Also if people want to solo content and it doesn't hurt other players then enjoy.  

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Kyleran said:

I see your point, but you have to consider that is the exact player base SWTOR was marketing to. How would you feel if EVE went all "Theme Park" on you.
    I'm not saying the complaints are wrong it is foolish to make signicant gameplay changes which would piss off your core audience I'll have take everyone's word that it's solo players.

I get what you are saying I quit Lineage 1 and DAOC over changes I would not tolerate and a few more on changes Devs would not make. (such as provide FFA PVP servers in WOW)

You are correct, while I'm a care bear I would hate to see a major change like a totally safe PVE zone or server in EVE.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    d_20 said:
    This game works best as a solo with the option to group for pvp and dungeons. For that I would pay a sub.

Otherwise, this game is tedious. It was fun for me when the companions were strong. I could enjoy what I wanted to -- the class stories. That would have kept me busy and paying for a sub and cartel coins for gear for months. Now it's not fun any more. It's as simple as that.

I never wanted to play this game as an mmorpg or as a tedious slog -- which it feels like now. Therefore, I unsubbed. There were two days left on my sub, so the last patch came just in time before I renewed. I'm happy I got out now.

There are much better mmorpgs out there.
    I think it works best as a co-op TBH

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    You grind and you grind to get just a little more powerful, and then they take it away. But oh here, a new treadmill for you to get on to try to get back to where you had already been. That gets old. 

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• SetzerSetzer Member UncommonPosts: 261
    edited November 2015
    Cryptor said:
    It does not matter how good the new movie will be, SWtOR is a horrible, horrid, very bad game.

I disagree.  SWTOR is actually a really good game, just not a very good MMO.