Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This doesn't look good?

Comments

• ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,295
    Realizer said:

Also he has a history of hostile take overs, as seen with Alganon Online where he pushed David Allen out of his own game company, by convincing shareholders that he could do it cheaper. He then continued to dismantle the game and burn all of it's promise to the ground. He also walked away with a nice sum of money, that he wouldn't have had otherwise.
    And he is trying it again with Star Citizen, as you can see from his twitter feed quotes, where he tries to convince SC backers to dispose of the current project leadership:

"ONLY way that this project succeeds, is if Chris, Sandi, Ortwin were ejected & the game scaled back to "vision 1.0". There is NO other way"

And THAT is his real motivation in my opinion. Another game to take over and scavenge for developer tools and game engines.

Sounds to me like The Smarty  is getting a bit desperate now, as the game "that can never be made" just was opened to the first 1000 playtesters in the Alpha version of the mini-PTU and will soon be available to the rest of the backers.

Have fun
  • ArillixArillix Member UncommonPosts: 88
    @Erillion,

Agreed, I had a feeling that's what he was really up to.

Well here is the reality posted only an hour ago on youtube.

• CryptorCryptor Member UncommonPosts: 523
    SC is imho a scam and got my money back.

Any company that crowd funds and then buys $20,000 espresso machines for their offices, or hires completely incompetent person as HR just 'couse she's married to the big cheese, spends millions of dollars for trailers and presentations - that is not a place i can give any money and still be able to look myself in the mirror.

• filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    Arillix said:
    @Erillion,

have to admit this looks pretty cool.  YOINK  lol
    Are you onto something or just on something?
  • MrSnufflesMrSnuffles Member UncommonPosts: 1,117
    MrSyn said:
    Funny how people think this game is ever going to have money troubles... even if the crowdfunding funds do dry up, im sure a lot of publishers and investors have been making them offers to try and get in on it.

Recently it took Shenmue 3 only 2mil to to raise and show interest for Sony to back the development... this game has raised 90mil... you can bet those greedy big publishers and investors want a piece of this.
    Unfortunately no publisher will want to have anything to do with this game. All the money pouring into this is no profit for the publisher and they already owe all these people a game so those are ZERO sales for the publisher.

As a publisher you don't invest into a company that already sold the majority of their games and DLC/Digital items. The prospect of more sales when the game already hit almost $100 million and 1 million copies sold is minimal at best, especially for a niche game like SC.
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"It's pretty simple, really. If your only intention in posting about a particular game or topic is to be negative, then yes, you should probably move on. Voicing a negative opinion is fine, continually doing so on the same game is basically just trolling."
    - Michael Bitton
    Community Manager, MMORPG.com

"As an online discussion about Star Citizen grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Derek Smart approaches 1" - MrSnuffles's law

"I am jumping in here a bit without knowing exactly what you all or talking about." 
    - SEANMCAD

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
  • MrSnufflesMrSnuffles Member UncommonPosts: 1,117

Xeno.phon said:
    Brenics said:
    Amazing how news is now trolling. You guys are funny. Let's wait till next company involved with SC hits. 
    Its not news, its proof you have no concept of how companies operate, that is all.
    So you know how they operate? Please share your insight and wisdom with the rest of us.

Thank you.
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"It's pretty simple, really. If your only intention in posting about a particular game or topic is to be negative, then yes, you should probably move on. Voicing a negative opinion is fine, continually doing so on the same game is basically just trolling."
    - Michael Bitton
    Community Manager, MMORPG.com

"As an online discussion about Star Citizen grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Derek Smart approaches 1" - MrSnuffles's law

"I am jumping in here a bit without knowing exactly what you all or talking about." 
    - SEANMCAD

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
  • CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    Brenics said:
    Looks like they may owe more than they have?

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/08703814/filing-history

1 down how many to go?

Lol, you asked in another post why they would have 15 companies. Then you feel like this is some magic bullet? You do understand that Foundry 42 doesn't represent the income of CIG, right? This is one of those reasons that they have 15 companies. Also, I'd give you more of an argument, but I'm not exactly sure what the context of your claim is, so I really can't. 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

• thunderclesthundercles Member UncommonPosts: 510
    Hey guys, hating on fallout 4 is what's cool now. Just FYI.
    CrazKanuk said:
    Brenics said:
    Looks like they may owe more than they have?

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/08703814/filing-history

1 down how many to go?

Lol, you asked in another post why they would have 15 companies. Then you feel like this is some magic bullet? You do understand that Foundry 42 doesn't represent the income of CIG, right? This is one of those reasons that they have 15 companies. Also, I'd give you more of an argument, but I'm not exactly sure what the context of your claim is, so I really can't. 
    @CrazKanuk 

you already told @Brenics ; in another thread to check the article

"Reasons Companies Have Subsidiaries"

on this website 
    http://smallbusiness.chron.com/reasons-companies-subsidiaries-81965.html

Looks like he still has not read it. Thank you again for that link. Very interesting. Especially this part:

"Reporting and Disclosure Issues

The parent company can choose which areas of its business should be public and which should be private. Not all business operations are suitable for public investment and disclosure requirements. For example, support functions are hard to quantify, so investors may not get excited enough to buy stock. The company may also want to avoid Securities and Exchange Commission reporting for certain segments of the business, especially when starting a new product line. Keeping these activities in a privately held subsidiary makes it more difficult for competitors to uncover information you are not ready to release yet."

Have fun

Hey guys, hating on fallout 4 is what's cool now. Just FYI.
    We are good, thank you.

Plenty of established haters here already. You cannot teach an old dog new tricks.

Have fun
  • BrenicsBrenics Member RarePosts: 1,939
    LOL I really do find it funny how you guys think it is just normal to spend all this money to open all these companies around the world. Then you also think after this long have some crash bug infested alpha 2.0 worth close to 90m and have to sell ships to keep the company going.

Yet am the stupid one? ROFL! Sorry but this is just way to weird to not laugh at all of you. I bet you guys are reasonable in other areas but for some reason when it comes to CR and SC it is like the blinders go on and you can only see Roberts as your savior. 

Did any of you notice how nervous Roberts and the rest of the people were during that 3+ hour ship's on sale live chat yesterday? 
    I'm not perfect but I'm always myself!

Star Citizen – The Extinction Level Event

4/13/15 > ELE has been updated look for 16-04-13.

http://www.dereksmart.org/2016/04/star-citizen-the-ele/

Enjoy and know the truth always comes to light!

Brenics said:
    Did any of you notice how nervous Roberts and the rest of the people were during that 3+ hour ship's on sale live chat yesterday? 
    Just like 3 years ago during the Kickstarter campaign livestream  - its a tradition already since 2012. :-)

Have fun
    Erillion said:
    Brenics said:
    Just like 3 years ago during the Kickstarter campaign livestream  - its a tradition already since 2012. :-)

Have fun
    You really need to go take a class in body language and then watch Roberts during these little live events he has. It may open your eyes. 

Brenics said:
    You really need to go take a class in body language and then watch Roberts during these little live events he has. It may open your eyes. 
    Have.

Did.

Has not.

Have fun
  • TalulaRoseTalulaRose Member RarePosts: 1,247
    Is was interesting watching Chris tell his brother his opinion. There was obviously 2 opinions on where things are but Chris made sure his brother towed the line.
    Erillion said:
    Brenics said:
    Have.

Did.

Has not.

Have fun
    LOL now I can never take you seriously again. it sure seems like no matter what is said you already did that, done that, seen that, you are the ALL KNOWING GOD! 

You realize i still believe you are CR right? You actually talk exactly like he does. :-D

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    MrSyn said:
    Funny how people think this game is ever going to have money troubles... even if the crowdfunding funds do dry up, im sure a lot of publishers and investors have been making them offers to try and get in on it.

Recently it took Shenmue 3 only 2mil to to raise and show interest for Sony to back the development... this game has raised 90mil... you can bet those greedy big publishers and investors want a piece of this.
    Unfortunately no publisher will want to have anything to do with this game. All the money pouring into this is no profit for the publisher and they already owe all these people a game so those are ZERO sales for the publisher.

As a publisher you don't invest into a company that already sold the majority of their games and DLC/Digital items. The prospect of more sales when the game already hit almost $100 million and 1 million copies sold is minimal at best, especially for a niche game like SC.
    This is really a key factor. People seem to think that once this game releases, CIG can start selling it and start making money on the finished product........What they aren't considering is that CIG already sold those copies.....They now owe 90M in finished product that they will not be able to collect on after (and assuming) this game actually releases.

edited November 2015
    Brenics said:
    LOL now I can never take you seriously again. it sure seems like no matter what is said you already did that, done that, seen that, you are the ALL KNOWING GOD! 

You realize i still believe you are CR right? You actually talk exactly like he does. :-D
    I am in project management.  Reading body language (and having learned that) is a skill of the trade. And i had time to learn a few of those skills :-)

***** i still believe you are CR  *****

You do ? You REALLY do ?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Good one !   ;-)

Have fun

PS: 
    according to @Brenics ; Chris Roberts has mastered the skill of posting to mmorpg.com while giving a presentation live in front of thousands of visitors. Twice.

• CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    MrSyn said:

This is really a key factor. People seem to think that once this game releases, CIG can start selling it and start making money on the finished product........What they aren't considering is that CIG already sold those copies.....They now owe 90M in finished product that they will not be able to collect on after (and assuming) this game actually releases.

I definitely think that the upside to SC is more limited than the majority of games out there, but there is plenty of evidence that KS/crowdfunding represents a fraction of the release sell-trhough. For instance, PoE, Wasteland 2, ED, and some others listed on Steam show a sell through of ten times their number of crowdfunding backers. That being said, those mentioned above are retail games, SC is F2P with a ship market that's been shown to be quite lucrative already. There's plenty of monetization opportunity remaining, even for the existing fan base. So there's probably more upside than you're giving it credit for. 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

An immediate extra source of cash would be Episode 3 of Squadron 42. Episode 1 and 2 are free for (most) backers, but Episode 3 will have to be bought.

Have fun
  • TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    Erillion said:
    An immediate extra source of cash would be Episode 3 of Squadron 42. Episode 1 and 2 are free for (most) backers, but Episode 3 will have to be bought.

Do you have a source to point us to about the plan to charge for episode 3 of S42?  This is the first time I am hearing about that. 
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

Talonsin said:
    Erillion said:

Do you have a source to point us to about the plan to charge for episode 3 of S42?  This is the first time I am hearing about that. 
    LOL Get use to it, they always say things no one heard before. It's like magic how they pull links out of a hat. It is all covered one way or another. 

• Xeno.phonXeno.phon Member UncommonPosts: 350

True, one of the major downfalls of crowdfunding for sure. But nowhere near as bad as it would have been pre digital distribution. Also many backers spent a lot more than it would cost for a single copy and the numbers dont show what came from purchased game packages including game copies and those that already had packages and just bought more ships.

I am sure it is a concern, but really not a massive one like it could have been.
  • Vada_GVada_G Member UncommonPosts: 85
    filmoret said:
    Arillix said:
    @Erillion,

have to admit this looks pretty cool.  YOINK  lol
    It's looked cool for almost two years now. I don't remember this exact footage, but I've seen them reuse several minutes of demo footage over and over for a year now.

That said, they have released a limited demo of the world module today. 24 players/12-16 ships (numbers aren't exact, but in that ballpark). It is still an Alpha. Hopefully there will be more information today as there isn't a lot out right now. Seeing the changes in the current product from a year ago, I'd predict 1.5 years until release minimum. But it's something.

• Xeno.phonXeno.phon Member UncommonPosts: 350
    Talonsin said:
    Erillion said:

Brenics said:
    Talonsin said:
    Erillion said:

LOL Get use to it, they always say things no one heard before. It's like magic how they pull links out of a hat. It is all covered one way or another. 
    pretty sure that was posed as a hypothetical way to gain more revenue, he didnt state it like it was going to happen. Context is your friend kids, notice the WOULD BE in the sentence. That is used to indicate a hypothetical.

But hey dont let reality interrupt your fantasy trolling team you guys seem to have assembled.