Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fallout 4 is.... Short

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.

Comments

• SeneriusSenerius Member UncommonPosts: 76
    Maybe if you rush and do almost no side quests..........

We all can only be who we are Nothing more nothing less.

• BlazeyerBlazeyer Member UncommonPosts: 562
    I'm 25 hours in and haven't hit diamond city. I mean if you just rush to the end I guess... but that's on you.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.

• GwapoJoshGwapoJosh Member UncommonPosts: 1,030
     I'm guessing that you are talking about the main quest.   I've put many many hours in so far and I'm not even close to starting a second toon.

"You are all going to poop yourselves." BillMurphy

"Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone."

• TemperHSTemperHS Member UncommonPosts: 72
    edited November 2015
    There is nothing short about it.

I'm 50+ hours in (playing on Survival) and haven't even been to Diamond City. You didn't rush? Link your steam profile please.
  • ArChWindArChWind Member UncommonPosts: 1,340

37 hours on current char and have 20 quests still pending so I think you're not doing something. Yeah I can go on to finish the MQ but Like you done all what 100+ zones? right...

ArChWind — MMORPG.com Forums

If you are interested in making a MMO maybe visit my page to get a free open source engine.
  • GestankfaustGestankfaust Member UncommonPosts: 1,989
    Except for the fact that I didn't rush the game.
    BS...stop posting your BS. You are the only one I have seen posting this. Has to be a reason why

"This may hurt a little, but it's something you'll get used to. Relax....."

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    I forgot Bethesda games were only good because of their story....not the stories you create yourself in their world.
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    So yeah... I'm shocked how fast the game came to an end. 
    So you took your cake, ate all the frosting and then you said "all done!" I guess we all enjoy cake in different ways.

I'm level 35, have maxed influence with a couple of companions and working on a third (you get nice perks from doing that,) I was the Silver Shadow for a while, been doing lots of quests for The Railroad... and I just got into The Institute. I've got a lot of cake left.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• psiicpsiic Member RarePosts: 1,640
    100+ hours not even to Diamond City. Having serious supply issues building my towns though. Who would have thunk cloth would break my back. 

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    80hrs for me before completing the main quest, which you're given new quests on the spot as soon as the credits roll...

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• TemperHSTemperHS Member UncommonPosts: 72
    It appears all of you have literally no reading comprehension.
    Oh right, that must be it...

You're clearly a bastion of intellect, overflowing with wisdom and graced with a level of comprehension that none of us here possess.

Link your steam profile and prove you didn't rush. Every single response here contradicts your opinion about the game being short, yet you're unwilling to put your money where your mouth is and add a little credibility to your less-than-credible statement.
  • DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Except for the fact that I didn't rush the game. Sure I didn't crawl through every square foot of the game but wow. I could probably finish the main story in a few hours if I honestly tried.
    That's the case with any Bethesda game, Skyrim can be beat in less than five hours, which isn't even a smudge in regard to the actual amount of content available in either game...

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• Fly666monkeyFly666monkey Member UncommonPosts: 161
    So, went through your achievements... yeah, it DEFINITELY looks like you just rushed through the main story.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited November 2015

• josko9josko9 Member RarePosts: 577
    Well to be honest Fallout 4 is in no way as long as the Witcher 3 nor on that quality level. So I can't blame when other people rush it..It kinda sucks playing Fallout 4 after the Witcher 3..

Still it should take an average gamer about 100-200h to complete Fallout 4, which means most of the players will be done with Fallout 4 till the end of the year.

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Fallout 4 is currently a bit of a buggy mess, lacks polish and is in dire need of the modding community to fix the game.
    In a years time it will probably be in a much better state, as by then most of the games issues will hopefully have been addressed, particularly for PC as the game is a lazy console port at best, but also as modders tend to add content i would imagine the games perceived shortness will have been addressed too, and as with Skyrim there is no need to stick to the main quests, as doing your own thing was always the games selling factor.
    The games engine does need some serious work though, seems like Bethesda have become very lazy about their games, their reputation is going to take a serious pounding if they don't do something about it.
  • fineflufffinefluff Member RarePosts: 561
    That's about the same play time I had when I finished the main quest. I largely ignore my settlements too. One of them got attacked by super mutants so I dropped a guard post and assigned somebody and everything's been fine since. Still enjoying the game though. If you continue with the minutemen at some point you can start building artillery cannons at your settlements and call it down on enemies which is pretty fun to watch lol.
    edited November 2015

edited November 2015

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904
    edited November 2015
    TemperHS said:
    There is nothing short about it.

I'm 50+ hours in (playing on Survival) and haven't even been to Diamond City. You didn't rush? Link your steam profile please.
    Yeah...time means nothing. You can spend hours just hanging out looking at the scenery..

I did every quest i could find trying to get my character to lvl 30 so i can use the X01 power armor and that took me about 20 hrs (which filled in the bulk of the map).

When i continued the main quest at diamond city i had that wrapped up in about 2hrs for the BOS campaign.

The main campaign is short and the whole game is propped up by "bizzy work" i can say personally that i think the game is overall pretty short and NV or Fo3 by comparison is much, much longer.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• PyndaPynda Member UncommonPosts: 856
    I think you guys barking at the OP for rushing might be overlooking one pertinent fact. If your character can indeed have the power to complete a main story line when rushing, then I would consider the whole game design seriously flawed. A good open world RPG should absolutely require you to complete a LOT of minor content before you will even stand a remote chance of being able to finish.

But sadly, in my view there are more implications of most games being "console ports" these days than just accommodating for their technical shortcomings.