Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bioware frauds players with 4.0.2 patch

1235»

Comments

• BigdaddyxBigdaddyx Member UncommonPosts: 2,039
    The problem is most people were having FUN! Players were re-subbing. People could run content they didn't have access to before. Solo mode was AWESOME! The game was populated and things were actually looking good. Bioware was probably making more money than they have in a long, long time. Whether companions were OP or not, players were returning to the game.

Then, Biofail pulls a 180, nerfs companions from orbit (Obviously not tested before the patch was implemented) back to worse than 4.0 and turns solo mode back into an abysmal grind. All those re-subs, gone, probably taking even more subbers with them. People are tired of the lies they've been fed and now Biofails going to feel it in their wallet at the end of the quarter.

I don't care if "I'mJoeTheL33tPlayer" can do every HEROIC using his $1000 dollars worth of Legacy and market gear and has been around since alpha. I'm not here to play his game. I paid to play mine.

I'm not unemployed with entire days to grind this game like you elitist basement dwellers. I play to have fun. It was fun, now its not.
    In other words, people had fun because of complete faceroll content. 

I have no legacy or market gear on any of my characters. I just finished running the Hoth heroics with an influence level 12 companion healing on my Powertech / Pyrotech BH with few problems, with level 208 gear that anybody can get from quests, FPs, or common crystal vendors. Yes, I had to actually use some of my defensive cooldowns from time to time and couldn't aggro half the map carelessly like before, but things went fine. I think I had to take an extra five minutes to clear them all. Whoop-de-shit. 

God forbid you have to play to your character's strengths, use CC and defensive abilities, and actually think about things like positioning, patrols, respawns, and kill order now instead of telling your companion to attack, then heading off to the kitchen to make yourself a sandwich. And no, that's really not much of an exaggeration. Pre-nerf companions could solo packs of elites better than my actual PCs could. 

The complainers are so entitled and using so much exaggeration it's making my head hurt. Most of them are probably those people who run ahead in FPs, aggro everything, then complain when they die. And quite honestly, the more of those people who leave, the better. 
    Your Hoth experience means nothing when majority of complaints are related to alliance grind. With new KOTFE alliance system heroics have become a necessity. it is more about 'speed' at which people were doing the daily grind than the actual challenge. Nopt everyone spends 10 hours in front of PC and companions helped break the monotony of alliance grind through faster runs. That is all it was about...faster and smooth grind for dailies.

Companions couldn;t be used at end game group content so whom was it hurting really? no body. people were happy soloing H2+ at their own pace.
  • Solar_ProphetSolar_Prophet Member EpicPosts: 1,960
    The problem is most people were having FUN! Players were re-subbing. People could run content they didn't have access to before. Solo mode was AWESOME! The game was populated and things were actually looking good. Bioware was probably making more money than they have in a long, long time. Whether companions were OP or not, players were returning to the game.

Then, Biofail pulls a 180, nerfs companions from orbit (Obviously not tested before the patch was implemented) back to worse than 4.0 and turns solo mode back into an abysmal grind. All those re-subs, gone, probably taking even more subbers with them. People are tired of the lies they've been fed and now Biofails going to feel it in their wallet at the end of the quarter.

I don't care if "I'mJoeTheL33tPlayer" can do every HEROIC using his $1000 dollars worth of Legacy and market gear and has been around since alpha. I'm not here to play his game. I paid to play mine.

I'm not unemployed with entire days to grind this game like you elitist basement dwellers. I play to have fun. It was fun, now its not.

I have no legacy or market gear on any of my characters. I just finished running the Hoth heroics with an influence level 12 companion healing on my Powertech / Pyrotech BH with few problems, with level 208 gear that anybody can get from quests, FPs, or common crystal vendors. Yes, I had to actually use some of my defensive cooldowns from time to time and couldn't aggro half the map carelessly like before, but things went fine. I think I had to take an extra five minutes to clear them all. Whoop-de-shit. 

God forbid you have to play to your character's strengths, use CC and defensive abilities, and actually think about things like positioning, patrols, respawns, and kill order now instead of telling your companion to attack, then heading off to the kitchen to make yourself a sandwich. And no, that's really not much of an exaggeration. Pre-nerf companions could solo packs of elites better than my actual PCs could. 

The complainers are so entitled and using so much exaggeration it's making my head hurt. Most of them are probably those people who run ahead in FPs, aggro everything, then complain when they die. And quite honestly, the more of those people who leave, the better. 
    And the elitist vocal minority speaks. Just wondering how you can look down your nose on people like that without getting cross-eyed.

People were having fun because they actually were playing content not available to them before. Solo play was supposed to be for CASUAL PLAYERS. Not I'm Mr L33T who has every skill in my rotation timed down to the split second so I can faceroll everything and then make fun of people saying things like 'complainers are so entitled and using so much exaggeration it's making my head hurt.'

I've been playing on and off since BETA. I know my characters. Lets see a 208 equipped character actually run a 208 HEROIC now without being wiped or having to be 5 levels higher with 216 gear so after your dumbed down your running max level for that planet.

I'm not elitist at all. I don't have my rotations down to the split second. I don't raid. In fact, I still CLICK half my abilities. I'm a casual player, and I have ZERO difficulty doing my heroic daily or weekly quests after the nerf. No trouble at ANY level, with ANY character, provided I don't play like a complete moron. And no, I come nowhere near getting them all done every day, and that's fine by me. I just try to get the weekly ones done, dailies I do if I have time. Which I often don't. 

Care to shove that foot further into your mouth pal? 

Bigdaddyx said:

*snip*
    Your Hoth experience means nothing when majority of complaints are related to alliance grind. With new KOTFE alliance system heroics have become a necessity. it is more about 'speed' at which people were doing the daily grind than the actual challenge. Nopt everyone spends 10 hours in front of PC and companions helped break the monotony of alliance grind through faster runs. That is all it was about...faster and smooth grind for dailies.

Companions couldn;t be used at end game group content so whom was it hurting really? no body. people were happy soloing H2+ at their own pace.
    Why do you think I was grinding out Hoth H2's? Oh yeah, for the alliance. And as I said in the post you quoted, all of those H2's combined took me maybe an extra five minutes, possibly ten, mostly waiting for my defensive CD's to reset. If people can't deal with an extra ten minutes, then they really shouldn't be playing an MMO in the first place. 

AN' DERE AIN'T NO SUCH FING AS ENUFF DAKKA, YA GROT! Enuff'z more than ya got an' less than too much an' there ain't no such fing as too much dakka. Say dere is, and me Squiggoff'z eatin' tonight!

We are born of the blood. Made men by the blood. Undone by the blood. Our eyes are yet to open. FEAR THE OLD BLOOD. 

#IStandWithVic

• MalaboogaMalabooga Member UncommonPosts: 2,977
    edited November 2015
    Bigdaddyx said:
    Tamanous said:
    Players are spineless these days.

"Oh noes! I need to group for group content instead of grinding for cred and resetting an instance to cap every day!"

Cry me a river.

Bioware didn't break their mmo ... you pathetic players who can't bother to communicate to form a group outside of a group finder did.

Flame away ... you can convince yourself of anything so the rest of us will sit back and watch with the popcorn out like usual (Honey Lemon Ginseng tea in my case).

I don't know about SWTOR because i am not plying it anymore but i would never ever want to team up with someone like you in the game. People lilke you are the reason why i prefer soloing now in MMOS.

Problem is you not the others.
    This, then they throw a tantrum if you can play solo and dont have to group with them.

"its not a MMO whaaa whaaaa....noone wants to group with me....whaaa...whaaaa....forced grouping was da BEST....whaaa...whaaa...its a MMO....whaaa....whaaa...must group with me....whaaa....whaaa"

-------------------------------------------

Join the guild of like minded people (uh-oh why those dont ever last rofl) and group all you want. And leave the rest do do how THEY please with their time and money. WTF do YOU care how SOMEONE ELSE plays the game huh?

SWTOR went a LONG way to facilitate grouping, their group convo system, lots of group content on every planet, lots of leveling instances every 4 levels.

What did these clowns do? Proclaimed it single player game.

GW2 went a long way to make lamost every DE scale to the number of people doing it, lots of open world group only conent, lots of leveling instances each with 3-4 paths.

Post edited by Malabooga on
  • MaurgrimMaurgrim Member RarePosts: 1,325
    edited November 2015
    I'm atm lvl 50 juggernaut and doing Taris heroics, noticed they are alittle harder now than pre patch, i have to acual be careful, kinda like that, sadly I guess I will get stomped pretty bad on lvl40+ planets, we'll see.
  • BakgrindBakgrind Member UncommonPosts: 423
    edited November 2015
    Malabooga said:
    Bigdaddyx said:
    Tamanous said:
    Players are spineless these days.

"Oh noes! I need to group for group content instead of grinding for cred and resetting an instance to cap every day!"

Cry me a river.

Bioware didn't break their mmo ... you pathetic players who can't bother to communicate to form a group outside of a group finder did.

Flame away ... you can convince yourself of anything so the rest of us will sit back and watch with the popcorn out like usual (Honey Lemon Ginseng tea in my case).

I don't know about SWTOR because i am not plying it anymore but i would never ever want to team up with someone like you in the game. People lilke you are the reason why i prefer soloing now in MMOS.

Problem is you not the others.
    This, then they throw a tantrum if you can play solo and dont have to group with them.

"its not a MMO whaaa whaaaa....noone wants to group with me....whaaa...whaaaa....forced grouping was da BEST....whaaa...whaaa...its a MMO....whaaa....whaaa...must group with me....whaaa....whaaa"

-------------------------------------------

Join the guild of like minded people (uh-oh why those dont ever last rofl) and group all you want. And leave the rest do do how THEY please with their time and money. WTF do YOU care how SOMEONE ELSE plays the game huh?

SWTOR went a LONG way to facilitate grouping, their group convo system, lots of group content on every planet, lots of leveling instances every 4 levels.

GW2 went a long way to make lamost every DE scale to the number of people doing it, lots of open world group only conent, lots of leveling instances each with 3-4 paths.

Just thought I would post this here as I did in another thread

SWTOR has always been a paid for single player/coop  experience  that has some  MMO features  such as a GTN and a Fleet that serves  as a hub where players can congregate that gives the illusion of being "massive" and  of being part of a community  .  SWTOR's big selling point was story... period .But make no mistake SWTOR is not an MMORPG in every sense of the word. I've played the game since beta and can honestly say that Heroics 2 could always be soloed in the vanilla game, with the release of KOTFE and now with patch 4.0.2.

Let's be honest  even before the release of KOTFE  the single player aspect of the game was  in full swing  with the long 12xp bonus. Who needs to group when you already out leveled the content, right ? And it continues  today with the faster and more xp sytem in  KOTFE.  And now we have the new leveling system which isn't called 12xp but  is still a faster way to level than the vanilla game. The new companion system  by itself is not to blame since it was geared for that xpac where the game is a bit  harder than vanilla. They just never bothered to adjust  the level of difficulty to the core aspect of the game  that was their leveling planets.They have leveled sync but they still place the player 2 levels above the content.

The devs could of turned this game into a off line  single player  rpg with online multiplayer pvp and it would not be that noticeable except that the it's multiplayer aspect of the game would not be as enjoyable or profitable as lets say Mass Effect 3.

• BigdaddyxBigdaddyx Member UncommonPosts: 2,039

And the elitist vocal minority speaks. Just wondering how you can look down your nose on people like that without getting cross-eyed.

People were having fun because they actually were playing content not available to them before. Solo play was supposed to be for CASUAL PLAYERS. Not I'm Mr L33T who has every skill in my rotation timed down to the split second so I can faceroll everything and then make fun of people saying things like 'complainers are so entitled and using so much exaggeration it's making my head hurt.'

I've been playing on and off since BETA. I know my characters. Lets see a 208 equipped character actually run a 208 HEROIC now without being wiped or having to be 5 levels higher with 216 gear so after your dumbed down your running max level for that planet.

I'm not elitist at all. I don't have my rotations down to the split second. I don't raid. In fact, I still CLICK half my abilities. I'm a casual player, and I have ZERO difficulty doing my heroic daily or weekly quests after the nerf. No trouble at ANY level, with ANY character, provided I don't play like a complete moron. And no, I come nowhere near getting them all done every day, and that's fine by me. I just try to get the weekly ones done, dailies I do if I have time. Which I often don't. 

Care to shove that foot further into your mouth pal? 

Bigdaddyx said:

*snip*

Why do you think I was grinding out Hoth H2's? Oh yeah, for the alliance. And as I said in the post you quoted, all of those H2's combined took me maybe an extra five minutes, possibly ten, mostly waiting for my defensive CD's to reset. If people can't deal with an extra ten minutes, then they really shouldn't be playing an MMO in the first place. 

I am 100% certain that my brother is a much better player than you and biggest fan of SWTOR. And even when he said he can't go through this mind numbing grind of alliance dailies with nerfed companion i will take his word over yours any day and everyday. You are being dishonest again by making it sound as if it it is just another extra 'five minutes' considering the amount of heroics you have to do for alliance.
  • mrrshann618mrrshann618 Member UncommonPosts: 279
    Last night, as a test, I went to Hoth with my Sniper. I used a Ranged DPS companion. I don't remember the name of the heroic, but you have to go in, fight though a bunch of silvers and golds, kill 3 apprentices (all champion) and Lord Ratham (or something like that).

The only problem I had at "65" was waiting for my Orbital Bombardment to reset.
    Were there times when I was below half HP, sure there was. But since there are medpacks, and lots of damage mitigation on a sniper. no problem.
    I also have no problem letting my companion die.

So at this point I've done it with my Healer/Tank, Healer/DPS, and RDPS/RDPS with out a character death.
    Since I only have 4 characters that have finished their personal story, and only these two have finished the alliance quests, I'm doing 100% of used characters to test this out. My next test, when I get time, will be with my Tank though I do not know when that will be and I have not played that character in a few months.

Again, were they as fast - Nope
    Were they doable - yup
    were they easy - Yup, just took a bit more time.
    That is why they are weekly
    Play what you Like. I like SWOTR, Have a referral to get you going!
    -->  http://www.swtor.com/r/nBndbs  <--
    Several Unlocks and a few days game time to make the F2P considerably easier
  • nate1980nate1980 Member UncommonPosts: 2,063
    I'm working through the class story on my Juggernaut and I'm not having any issues. I'm typically 5 levels below the story I'm doing, because I don't do any other quests. I like the increased challenge of doing it while being underleveled. The need wasn't bad and was needed. Leveling up was a faceroll  and boring because of it before. Now I have to use my abilities correctly. Occassionally when I get within 2 levels of mg class quests due to doing a flashpoint, I'm facerolling everything again, so I think people are just whining or maybe it's the generation playing games these days. I grew up playing games that forced you to load a saved game or only have you limited lives. 

• mrrshann618mrrshann618 Member UncommonPosts: 279
    nate1980 said:
    *snip*
    The need wasn't bad and was needed. Leveling up was a faceroll  and boring because of it before. Now I have to use my abilities correctly.

I grew up playing games that forced you to load a saved game or only have you limited lives.
    This is the part that I like. Far to often people would get into an ops or flashpoint and not know how to play their role. Sometimes it you wipe the group (Repeatedly), other times the other players were good enough to help mitigate.

Even with the Contra cheat code, you only had limited lives. - Yeah I remember

Play what you Like. I like SWOTR, Have a referral to get you going!
    -->  http://www.swtor.com/r/nBndbs  <--
    Several Unlocks and a few days game time to make the F2P considerably easier
  • ktanner3ktanner3 Member UncommonPosts: 4,063
    filmoret said:
    This thread is proof that the general public wants easymode mmo's.  He's mad cuz he cant solo the group content of the game.  I'm not saying the nerfs were good but if you were able to solo all the group content then they did need nerfs.
    This.The game was WAY too easy and the adjustments were badly needed. Maybe now I might actually start needing those stims and medpacks again.

Currently Playing: World of Warcraft

• filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    So now that the dust has settled and Bioware attempted a fix.  Whats going on?
    Are you onto something or just on something?