Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bioware frauds players with 4.0.2 patch

Comments

• MalaboogaMalabooga Member UncommonPosts: 2,977
    edited November 2015
    Nanfoodle said:
    Distopia said:
    I am never one to call for nerfs (go with the flow kinda person), but I find it hard to say the way companions have been working to this point post DLC, was intended. I literally stood in a mess of mobs alt-tabbed and wrote a post about it without dying or being hurt really at all not long ago. Healing was way OP..
    When my wife and I played, I play a tank and my wife the DPS. I flat out got upset her tank companion not only out tanked me but did so with worse gear then I had. Also the companion taunt was so strong that even with a head start on the mob, the companion always pulled the aggro. I really had no clue why I was there? I think companions needed to be dialed back but it sound like they went to far. I think a balance needs to be found where companions are equal or less powerful then players. 
    If companion outtanked you (whatever that means)....they had 0 defence stats. 0

They were taking 60k hits in FPs. So a "mighty 100k health tank companion" was dead in 2 frikin hits.

If THAT outtanked you....
  • BigdaddyxBigdaddyx Member UncommonPosts: 2,039
    48 page long thread on forums where people are cancelling their subs. Wow. BW really pissed many players again as they did during Ilum debacle and lost many players.

I am glad i didn't susbscribe to this mess.
  • fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916
    Correct me if I am wrong but I thought that there is no such verb as "fraud". Do you mean "defraud"?

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• mrrshann618mrrshann618 Member UncommonPosts: 279
    I love reading through these posts. I get to see the real argument
    "QQ My easy button is gone. I actually have to think now, or worse yet, interact with another human being."
    Wife is sitting next to me doing H2's on her 61 and not having any issue with her sniper.
    Play what you Like. I like SWOTR, Have a referral to get you going!
    -->  http://www.swtor.com/r/nBndbs  <--
    Several Unlocks and a few days game time to make the F2P considerably easier
  • azarhalazarhal Member RarePosts: 1,402
    Malabooga said:
    Nanfoodle said:
    Distopia said:
    I am never one to call for nerfs (go with the flow kinda person), but I find it hard to say the way companions have been working to this point post DLC, was intended. I literally stood in a mess of mobs alt-tabbed and wrote a post about it without dying or being hurt really at all not long ago. Healing was way OP..
    When my wife and I played, I play a tank and my wife the DPS. I flat out got upset her tank companion not only out tanked me but did so with worse gear then I had. Also the companion taunt was so strong that even with a head start on the mob, the companion always pulled the aggro. I really had no clue why I was there? I think companions needed to be dialed back but it sound like they went to far. I think a balance needs to be found where companions are equal or less powerful then players. 
    If companion outtanked you (whatever that means)....they had 0 defence stats. 0

They were taking 60k hits in FPs. So a "mighty 100k health tank companion" was dead in 2 frikin hits.

If THAT outtanked you....
    He is talking about "worst gear" which companions don't have post 4.0...
  • JinookJinook Member UncommonPosts: 5
    How do I start a forum post on MMORPG? LOL I cant figure that out! 

I think there are several very fundamental issues at play here. First and foremost, the problem was not and still is not being discussed from an accurate context, in terms of the nerf. There are two sets of companion needs (probably many more, but for our purposes). The first is leveling and the second is eltie content in whatever form that may come in (heroics, flashpoints, etc ..) 

When it comes to leveling, it still feels for two of my toons, like god mode (to a lesser degree, now). I can take on way more than I ever could before and still can, when leveling. I think there is a broad buy in that LEVELING based companions were way overpowered and perhaps are now. 

Then there is the use of companions for Elite content and in that area, the nerf changed the game on a fundamental level. Sure, there are heroics I can do but it would require spending lots of credits and slogging through content that I want to enjoy. 

So the HUGE elephant no one is talking about and Bioware did not deal with, is companion needs during leveling are different than companion needs during elite content. Had the exact same nerf happened BUT with special buffs or companion strength when entering elite content, the vast majority of this huge blow up never would have happened. 

I dont think it is possible to have heroic capable companions without ending up with a god mode for regular content and vice versa. Thats the problem that needs to be fixed. 

Globally, yet again, BW took very drastic measures and when those measures blew up, they started threatening people with bans. There is also a much bigger responsibility here, that BW (I thought) had gotten a lot better at. When you launch something massively divides the community, you have failed at community management- the bread and butter of MMO and now days, more and more, all business models. 

We shall see how all this plays out. 
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    edited November 2015
    Sounds exactly how they explained the change before they made it. "Fun is not our intention."

I really like how they did level sync in GW2 as the bonuses from being a higher level player carry over to the lower levels making it easier, you even draw less aggro as a higher level character meaning you're not always fighting through content and can pick most of your fights.

I'll continue to gravitate towards casual  MMO's and save my hardcore drive and ambitions for the job.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    CrazKanuk said:
    Pangscar said:
    goboygo said:
    So here's what I take away from this mostly,  it sounds like all the people that liked to solo around in an MMO doing group content using their companions to replace grouping with real players cant do that anymore?  Or did I miss something.  I don't play it much so sorry if I missed some other underlying point.

Yeah pretty much. When I played the game after launch soloing old content was just something you did when bored and waiting for your group and guild to log on to do group and raid content. Seems like when they went to F2P mode most if not all the new players they got were all solo players.  Which is fine I guess but honestly you're still playing an MMO after all.
    SW TOR's own mechanics make this a solocentric game. More so with this last expansion. Blame the game maker and not the players as its Bioware that has done the damage to themselves.

Totally agree. SWTORs been accused of being a solo game since it was released. It's pretty much the plight of the MMORPG today, though. 

Does anyone thing maybe these changes were an attempt to encourage grouping over soloing? Personally, I think that the way SWTOR is, it's more suited for a solo game anyway, so they should have embraced that over killing it. Give people more companions, etc, lol. thoughts? 
    Completely agree. Fuck man they could have made a mint selling new companions and various companion costumes in their "Barbie dress up" cash shop.
    Like the original GW's a lot of people liked using companions for content.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• AzmodeusAzmodeus Member UncommonPosts: 268
    The game was WAY too easy with the god mode companions, this needed to be done.  Am I the only person that is sick and tired of easy faceroll MMOs?  You guys should be embarrassed.  They won back one vet gamer. 
      OMG I am Ancient!
  • Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Malabooga said:
    Posts from the SwTor general forums.

"Oh, I suppose if I went and smashed my head against the wall for 2+ hours, I might get lucky and muddle through it, but no thanks."

"The companions WERE overpowered in most of the game.

"Regular quests were a joke to complete. Most Heroics were as well, and while they're a bit more challenging now, they're easily still soloable as intended."

"Well I did the H2 Starfortress tonight without the terminal buffs or the alliance abilities you pick up, with a rank 21 Lana, had no problems until the bit where you go from platform to plaftorm shutting down the reactor core and fighting oodles of adds while breaking the Exarch's shield. There I ran into 2 problems. First the adds were sometimes immune to my AOE attacks, and sometimes Lana would freeze in middle of room.
    Took me five tries but got past that. Final fight was a challenge but I killed the boss on my first go.

I was running a Powertech Advanced Prototype spec in a mix of 216-224 gear. "

So they can be done by 1 player + companion, just not everyone can with the latest change. Sounds like some people quickly got use to being OP and having the game on farm status.

You do understand that is OP class in raid gear right? That classes are badly balanced? Doing stuff that drops 208 gear? Right? You are aware there are 6 of them and that SOME of them cant be done? Right?
    He also cherrypicked the post that said they can do it, and not one of the many that claims they can't. xD

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

filmoret said:
    filmoret said:
    This thread is proof that the general public wants easymode mmo's.  He's mad cuz he cant solo the group content of the game.  I'm not saying the nerfs were good but if you were able to solo all the group content then they did need nerfs.
    Umm..no...you did not read anything, did you? The group content in question are 20 to 30 level below us. We should be able to solo them with ease but with level sync in place we are being dumbed down to content level and it was officially stated that we will still be able to solo them with ease just like we did before with the companion changes they added. 1 month later they nerf the companion and we can not solo content that is 20-30 level below us. This is an insult to players, we did not spend hours upon hours leveling and gearing just  to die in the hands of bunch of mob 30 level below us.

As I see it you have one of two choices here.

1. Get good.

2. Get Rekt

Either way we must suffer the Nerd Rage that comes with it all.  Sorry this thread has me cracking up at all the rage.  Sooo salty bro.  umad bro?

You know that a MMO needs lots of players to be up and running and churn out new content right? mock the players all you want but so many people quitting doesn't bode well for SWTOR. Population of Red Eclipse took a nose dive today right after new patch.
    edited November 2015
    Azmodeus said:
    The game was WAY too easy with the god mode companions, this needed to be done.  Am I the only person that is sick and tired of easy faceroll MMOs?  You guys should be embarrassed.  They won back one vet gamer. 
    Great "vets" can go back to play with themselves on empty servers.

Many who caceled their subs did that first time since 2011.

So no, its NOT "vets" its small vocal minority, and its called "wildstaritis"

*for more detail info on wildstaritis refer NCSofts financial reports

symptoms of wildstaritis are: empty servers, sever lack of population followed by severe drop in revenue

treatment: removal of various malign elements who call themselves "vets" and "pros" form the game
    Post edited by Malabooga on
  • KleomeKleome Member CommonPosts: 1
    edited November 2015
    Malabooga said:
    I got my refund. Suggest you get yours.

And they wonder why MMOs are losing players.

As someone in my thread noted - people were enjoying themselves, and that wasnt their intention.

Havent hit official forums yet to see if all of it was pushed under the rug.
    Hell the Community "service" team perma banned me from the forums today just for telling some douche who was being condescending to the people complaining about this patch to go to hell.

I was on the fence as to whether I would stay or not but them pulling BS like that for something as MINOR as that was the last straw for me.
    edited November 2015
    And now removing threads. Typical BW/EA behviour. Just sweep it under the rug and pretend it never happened.
  • ShodanasShodanas Member RarePosts: 1,933
    edited November 2015
    Well, i don't know how to say this but calling it outright fraud. With kotfe dlc they brought "level sync" which level down players to the maximum level cap of an area, for example players in started planet will be leveled down to 12 if they are higher level, even if they are level 65. Now this raised concern that it will make farming heroics in low level areas quite impossible, for example black hole or corellia or voss or belsavis or hoth heroics. Bioware then promised in twitch livestream that will not be the case, we will still be able to solo any and all low level heroics despite level down and not only that, we will be able to solo heroics that are even close to our own level since they are making companion adjustments. On top of that there is the new Star Fortress Heroic 2+ flashpoint that has solo achievement adjacent to it, players can only use companions to complete this heroic if they want the achievement. But since bioware promised we will be able to solo the heroics we relented, we supported level sync.

Fast forward 1 month, patch 4.0.2 just hit and companion burst heal and damage nerfed by 75%-80%, Dot and HoT buffed by 10%; and we are dying like cockroaches in heroics of any planet above 35, our companions can't keep up with their heal or their tanking or even damage enough mob while we heal them to before they die and take us to void with them. A level 65 player dying constantly in lowbie heroics, that was not what Bioware promised us when they "sold" us kotfe and level sync.

Star Fortress heroic just became a nightmare, 3 and half minute in and mob hits like truck, healing companions can't heal for a minute before player dies, damage companion can't do enough damage before mob aggro on healing player and kill them, can not put companion in tank stance since at level 65 companion tanks are bugged with 0 armor; 0 defense; 0 shield and Bioware did not even bother fixing it before they nerfed companion healing and damage and also, again they did not bother taking feedback from players regarding this change and outright patched the game.

Not only that, when dataminers published that companion healing and damage are being nerfed by 75% and we started talking against nerf in official forums Bioware threatened players with BAN and even infringed several players with 5 points(maximum points before ban is 10). . This 4.0.2 patch is directly a fraudulent act committed by Bioiware against us players, this is borderline tyranny and fraud and cheating. Shame that i don't live in USA otherwise i would have sued them right now.    
    What a bunch of lies and hyperbole.

I presume you're among the ones who screamed on the forums threatening Bioware not to touch the Godlike, totally invincible companions which turned our "heroes" into sidekicks.

I just did ALL heroics on Belsavis and Voss with my dps jedi shadow using my rank 24 influence Qyzen as tank. Are they a bit challenging now ? Sure, compared to the total faceroll till yesterday. Do you actually have to use some of your classes abilities now instead of just auto-attacking ? Sure. You need to interrupt some times, use crowd control some times and some times you need to take one step and move your butt out of bad stuff on the ground. How dare they force a special snowflake like you to play like this. Preposterous !

Furthermore, there is a 100+ page thread going on the forums after the developers encouraged players to try out the new companion status and post their comments. Nothing is carved in stone and they will make adjustments if needed. I am actively participating in said discussion and have yet to see a single post being removed.

• JudgeUKJudgeUK Member RarePosts: 1,679
    edited November 2015
    Not bothered here about vet/casual/easymode/hardcore......

The patch is being so badly received because of the way it's been done.

- There was no advance testing of the companion changes, so zero detailed feedback from the playerbase prior to the patch.
    Some information had been datamined by players - answered by a warning on the forum that this broke T&C, and any future examples would lead to suspensions. So keeping the details hidden appeared to be the priority.

The only documented feedback they had from players was a general poll- ironically created as a result of the datamining - which gave a 70% figure in favour of leaving companions as they where.

Nevertheless, they went ahead with this unpopular change - with predictably obvious results - a forum firestorm, cancelled subs, the whole works.

Now you can label the swtor playerbase what you like - the important label here is subscribers - which you have to be to play KotFE.

A first day mmo lesson appears to have been completely ignored by Bioware/EA - introduce unpopular changes because you think you know better than the playerbase, and you'll find out that unpopular translates to unpopulated real quick.
  • Solar_ProphetSolar_Prophet Member EpicPosts: 1,960
    I love reading through these posts. I get to see the real argument
    "QQ My easy button is gone. I actually have to think now, or worse yet, interact with another human being."
    Wife is sitting next to me doing H2's on her 61 and not having any issue with her sniper.
    Exactly. I've finished all the Hoth heroics no problem, despite everyone complaining that they're 'impossible'. Well, on the forums at least. In game I've heard almost nobody complain. The few people who actually are having trouble are *gasp* asking for help!

As for before the patch, doing the missions to destroy the star fortresses were difficult to solo without raid-level gear anyway, so nothing lost there. The H2's are still stupid easy, for the most part. 

I'm willing to say that Bioware may have over-nerfed things a little bit, but the community's overreaction is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever seen. 

AN' DERE AIN'T NO SUCH FING AS ENUFF DAKKA, YA GROT! Enuff'z more than ya got an' less than too much an' there ain't no such fing as too much dakka. Say dere is, and me Squiggoff'z eatin' tonight!

We are born of the blood. Made men by the blood. Undone by the blood. Our eyes are yet to open. FEAR THE OLD BLOOD. 

#IStandWithVic

• Jonnyp2Jonnyp2 Member UncommonPosts: 243
    edited November 2015
    Shodanas said:
    What a bunch of lies and hyperbole.

I presume you're among the ones who screamed on the forums threatening Bioware not to touch the Godlike, totally invincible companions which turned our "heroes" into sidekicks.

I just did ALL heroics on Belsavis and Voss with my dps jedi shadow using my rank 24 influence Qyzen as tank. Are they a bit challenging now ? Sure, compared to the total faceroll till yesterday. Do you actually have to use some of your classes abilities now instead of just auto-attacking ? Sure. You need to interrupt some times, use crowd control some times and some times you need to take one step and move your butt out of bad stuff on the ground. How dare they force a special snowflake like you to play like this. Preposterous !

Furthermore, there is a 100+ page thread going on the forums after the developers encouraged players to try out the new companion status and post their comments. Nothing is carved in stone and they will make adjustments if needed. I am actively participating in said discussion and have yet to see a single post being removed.

Ya I had no problem doing a couple random heroics and a solo run of heroic star fortress on a couple different characters.  I normally don't bother with dailies, but after seeing all the bitching in this thread I just had to see what all the fuss was about.  The healing is definitely weak and it's probably too big of a nerf... but my god the whining is absolutely ridiculous.  

Anyways I'll give some simple advice to help finish heroic runs easier:
    - Keybind beyond 1-6.  Stop clicking.
    - Turn your character with your mouse, not your keyboard.
    - Use your CC's, there are actually situations where you have to use them.
    - Interrupt casts and if you're feeling especially especially ambitious maybe even interrupt mobs you're not attacking.  You can use knockbacks/stuns to interrupt as well.
    - Learn a proper dps rotation.  I'm sure there are plenty of decent guides around.
  • KalebGraysonKalebGrayson Member RarePosts: 430
    It's not that players can't group.  I can only speak for myself here, but I don't want to group up.  I have a friends list for people to group with.  The rest?  Have you read any General chat in any game out there?  There are some really BAD people out there...and I don't want to group with them.  I prefer to have the stronger companions to do the grinding of planetary heroics with.  If I want a challenge, I raid 2x a week on hard mode.  That's where I group with people.
  • JonBonJawaJonBonJawa Member UncommonPosts: 489
    this gotta be the biggest nerf in the history of MMOs
    this gotta be the biggest nerf in the history of MMOs
    Yah, and nerf to their subs is also noticable i would say :)
    Tamanous said:
    Players are spineless these days.

"Oh noes! I need to group for group content instead of grinding for cred and resetting an instance to cap every day!"

Cry me a river.

Bioware didn't break their mmo ... you pathetic players who can't bother to communicate to form a group outside of a group finder did.

Flame away ... you can convince yourself of anything so the rest of us will sit back and watch with the popcorn out like usual (Honey Lemon Ginseng tea in my case).

I don't know about SWTOR because i am not plying it anymore but i would never ever want to team up with someone like you in the game. People lilke you are the reason why i prefer soloing now in MMOS.

Problem is you not the others.
  • TheOctagonTheOctagon Member UncommonPosts: 411
    edited November 2015
    The problem is most people were having FUN! Players were re-subbing. People could run content they didn't have access to before. Solo mode was AWESOME! The game was populated and things were actually looking good. Bioware was probably making more money than they have in a long, long time. Whether companions were OP or not, players were returning to the game.

Then, Biofail pulls a 180, nerfs companions from orbit (Obviously not tested before the patch was implemented) back to worse than 4.0 and turns solo mode back into an abysmal grind. All those re-subs, gone, probably taking even more subbers with them. People are tired of the lies they've been fed and now Biofails going to feel it in their wallet at the end of the quarter.

I don't care if "I'mJoeTheL33tPlayer" can do every HEROIC using his $1000 dollars worth of Legacy and market gear and has been around since alpha. I'm not here to play his game. I paid to play mine.

I'm not unemployed with entire days to grind this game like you elitist basement dwellers. I play to have fun. It was fun, now its not.
  • Solar_ProphetSolar_Prophet Member EpicPosts: 1,960
    The problem is most people were having FUN! Players were re-subbing. People could run content they didn't have access to before. Solo mode was AWESOME! The game was populated and things were actually looking good. Bioware was probably making more money than they have in a long, long time. Whether companions were OP or not, players were returning to the game.

Then, Biofail pulls a 180, nerfs companions from orbit (Obviously not tested before the patch was implemented) back to worse than 4.0 and turns solo mode back into an abysmal grind. All those re-subs, gone, probably taking even more subbers with them. People are tired of the lies they've been fed and now Biofails going to feel it in their wallet at the end of the quarter.

I don't care if "I'mJoeTheL33tPlayer" can do every HEROIC using his $1000 dollars worth of Legacy and market gear and has been around since alpha. I'm not here to play his game. I paid to play mine.

I'm not unemployed with entire days to grind this game like you elitist basement dwellers. I play to have fun. It was fun, now its not.
    In other words, people had fun because of complete faceroll content. 

I have no legacy or market gear on any of my characters. I just finished running the Hoth heroics with an influence level 12 companion healing on my Powertech / Pyrotech BH with few problems, with level 208 gear that anybody can get from quests, FPs, or common crystal vendors. Yes, I had to actually use some of my defensive cooldowns from time to time and couldn't aggro half the map carelessly like before, but things went fine. I think I had to take an extra five minutes to clear them all. Whoop-de-shit. 

God forbid you have to play to your character's strengths, use CC and defensive abilities, and actually think about things like positioning, patrols, respawns, and kill order now instead of telling your companion to attack, then heading off to the kitchen to make yourself a sandwich. And no, that's really not much of an exaggeration. Pre-nerf companions could solo packs of elites better than my actual PCs could. 

The complainers are so entitled and using so much exaggeration it's making my head hurt. Most of them are probably those people who run ahead in FPs, aggro everything, then complain when they die. And quite honestly, the more of those people who leave, the better. 

AN' DERE AIN'T NO SUCH FING AS ENUFF DAKKA, YA GROT! Enuff'z more than ya got an' less than too much an' there ain't no such fing as too much dakka. Say dere is, and me Squiggoff'z eatin' tonight!

We are born of the blood. Made men by the blood. Undone by the blood. Our eyes are yet to open. FEAR THE OLD BLOOD. 

#IStandWithVic

• TheOctagonTheOctagon Member UncommonPosts: 411

In other words, people had fun because of complete faceroll content. 

I have no legacy or market gear on any of my characters. I just finished running the Hoth heroics with an influence level 12 companion healing on my Powertech / Pyrotech BH with few problems, with level 208 gear that anybody can get from quests, FPs, or common crystal vendors. Yes, I had to actually use some of my defensive cooldowns from time to time and couldn't aggro half the map carelessly like before, but things went fine. I think I had to take an extra five minutes to clear them all. Whoop-de-shit. 

God forbid you have to play to your character's strengths, use CC and defensive abilities, and actually think about things like positioning, patrols, respawns, and kill order now instead of telling your companion to attack, then heading off to the kitchen to make yourself a sandwich. And no, that's really not much of an exaggeration. Pre-nerf companions could solo packs of elites better than my actual PCs could. 

The complainers are so entitled and using so much exaggeration it's making my head hurt. Most of them are probably those people who run ahead in FPs, aggro everything, then complain when they die. And quite honestly, the more of those people who leave, the better. 
    And the elitist vocal minority speaks. Just wondering how you can look down your nose on people like that without getting cross-eyed.

People were having fun because they actually were playing content not available to them before. Solo play was supposed to be for CASUAL PLAYERS. Not I'm Mr L33T who has every skill in my rotation timed down to the split second so I can faceroll everything and then make fun of people saying things like 'complainers are so entitled and using so much exaggeration it's making my head hurt.'

I've been playing on and off since BETA. I know my characters. Lets see a 208 equipped character actually run a 208 HEROIC now without being wiped or having to be 5 levels higher with 216 gear so after your dumbed down your running max level for that planet.