Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bioware frauds players with 4.0.2 patch

Comments

• VaultFairyVaultFairy Member UncommonPosts: 566
    I can tell you yesterdays patch is going to lose them all those subs they FINALLY won back. A total faceplant once again by a company who, by now, should have its sh*t together.

It is now 1:30am EST and I've been downloading their patch on a 15MB connection since 3pm and am still only at 27%. They have their speeds set back to 56k.

Then of course, there's the knee jerk nerf. I really think they're trying to kill the IP so they can get out from under EA. It has to be the reason why they handle things so ineptly.
    Ergh! Don't get me started on that launcher! For the life of me i can never get the damn thing to download/install/update correctly.

Would of been great to check out the new update for the companions but noooooooope.
  • TalulaRoseTalulaRose Member RarePosts: 1,247
    What was being farmed in these low level heroics that was being sold and now someone's cash cow needs some effort to continue farming?
  • MalaboogaMalabooga Member UncommonPosts: 2,977
    What was being farmed in these low level heroics that was being sold and now someone's cash cow needs some effort to continue farming?
    You see? This kind of ignorant posts are part of the problem.

FYI, these heroics are part of main storyline, you have to farm them to raise reputation with your alliance with unknown cosequences to the future storyline if you dont.

And you literally have to farm thousands of them (theyre capped for 1/week) if you have few alts.
    Posts from the SwTor general forums.

"Oh, I suppose if I went and smashed my head against the wall for 2+ hours, I might get lucky and muddle through it, but no thanks."

"The companions WERE overpowered in most of the game.

"Regular quests were a joke to complete. Most Heroics were as well, and while they're a bit more challenging now, they're easily still soloable as intended."

"Well I did the H2 Starfortress tonight without the terminal buffs or the alliance abilities you pick up, with a rank 21 Lana, had no problems until the bit where you go from platform to plaftorm shutting down the reactor core and fighting oodles of adds while breaking the Exarch's shield. There I ran into 2 problems. First the adds were sometimes immune to my AOE attacks, and sometimes Lana would freeze in middle of room.
    Took me five tries but got past that. Final fight was a challenge but I killed the boss on my first go.

I was running a Powertech Advanced Prototype spec in a mix of 216-224 gear. "

So they can be done by 1 player + companion, just not everyone can with the latest change. Sounds like some people quickly got use to being OP and having the game on farm status.

Posts from the SwTor general forums.

"Oh, I suppose if I went and smashed my head against the wall for 2+ hours, I might get lucky and muddle through it, but no thanks."

"The companions WERE overpowered in most of the game.

"Regular quests were a joke to complete. Most Heroics were as well, and while they're a bit more challenging now, they're easily still soloable as intended."

"Well I did the H2 Starfortress tonight without the terminal buffs or the alliance abilities you pick up, with a rank 21 Lana, had no problems until the bit where you go from platform to plaftorm shutting down the reactor core and fighting oodles of adds while breaking the Exarch's shield. There I ran into 2 problems. First the adds were sometimes immune to my AOE attacks, and sometimes Lana would freeze in middle of room.
    Took me five tries but got past that. Final fight was a challenge but I killed the boss on my first go.

I was running a Powertech Advanced Prototype spec in a mix of 216-224 gear. "

So they can be done by 1 player + companion, just not everyone can with the latest change. Sounds like some people quickly got use to being OP and having the game on farm status.

You do understand that is OP class in raid gear right? That classes are badly balanced? Doing stuff that drops 208 gear? Right? You are aware there are 6 of them and that SOME of them cant be done? Right?
  • jesteralwaysjesteralways Member RarePosts: 2,560
    DMKano said:
    Fraud is a bit extreme IMO - this is a game we are talking about right?

If you read the EULA of any online game - the game company can make any changes at anytime to the game as they wish.

It's there in black and white.

How can this be fraud when all players agree to this before playing? 

Yes you are right, we agreed to this, so technically we can not call it fraud. But think about it, a company makes public statement about a product to their customers, customers like see the statement and feature and decide to buy the product. Now a month later company goes ahead and changes the product feature completely and makes it less than what they stated before without discussing the customers or taking their feedback. Is this really ok? What it is if it is not fraud?

Boobs are LIFE, Boobs are LOVE, Boobs are JUSTICE, Boobs are mankind's HOPES and DREAMS. People who complain about boobs have lost their humanity.

• jesteralwaysjesteralways Member RarePosts: 2,560
    filmoret said:
    This thread is proof that the general public wants easymode mmo's.  He's mad cuz he cant solo the group content of the game.  I'm not saying the nerfs were good but if you were able to solo all the group content then they did need nerfs.
    Umm..no...you did not read anything, did you? The group content in question are 20 to 30 level below us. We should be able to solo them with ease but with level sync in place we are being dumbed down to content level and it was officially stated that we will still be able to solo them with ease just like we did before with the companion changes they added. 1 month later they nerf the companion and we can not solo content that is 20-30 level below us. This is an insult to players, we did not spend hours upon hours leveling and gearing just  to die in the hands of bunch of mob 30 level below us.

Boobs are LIFE, Boobs are LOVE, Boobs are JUSTICE, Boobs are mankind's HOPES and DREAMS. People who complain about boobs have lost their humanity.

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    I really dislike the idea of level sync. It completely trivializes the effort players put forth in leveling and developing characters. I didn't mind it, the way FFXIV and Rift did it, where I can opt in if I wanted. But forcing it? Why did I bother to level and gear up then?
  • Superman0XSuperman0X Member RarePosts: 2,292
    DMKano said:
    Pratt2112 said:
    The official forums are on fire. I was about to give this game another try. 
    Give it a couple of weeks. They'll make adjustments again.
    They just have to find a good middle ground between the original 4.0 comps and today's.

Besides, they're not the only devs to go overboard with the nerfbat. Just about every company out there does. Which pretty goes to show that the majority of devs don't bother to play their own games, they make their decisions entirely based on "metrics" - which are often highly skewed by the hardcore elite.
    "But other devs do it, too!" is not a defense.

You don't justify or excuse poor behavior by pointing at similarly poor behavior. Also, what other devs do with their games isn't relevant to what Bioware is doing with SWTOR.

Seriously, it's tantamount to the whole "if you see others jump off a bridge, does that mean you should, too?"

This is a common false argument - you are correct what othet companies have done is of no relevance. 

However the original Fraud claim is still hard to take seriously. 
    Actually, what other companies have done is relevant. It is relevant in setting expectations. You may not like this practice, but it is common for MMO companies. It is unreasonable to assume that any specific company would NOT do this, when it is the norm.
    filmoret said:
    This thread is proof that the general public wants easymode mmo's.  He's mad cuz he cant solo the group content of the game.  I'm not saying the nerfs were good but if you were able to solo all the group content then they did need nerfs.
    Umm..no...you did not read anything, did you? The group content in question are 20 to 30 level below us. We should be able to solo them with ease but with level sync in place we are being dumbed down to content level and it was officially stated that we will still be able to solo them with ease just like we did before with the companion changes they added. 1 month later they nerf the companion and we can not solo content that is 20-30 level below us. This is an insult to players, we did not spend hours upon hours leveling and gearing just  to die in the hands of bunch of mob 30 level below us.
    it was officially stated that we will still be able to solo them with ease just like we did before

Or did they say you would still be able to solo them.

This comment on the forums sums up the rage.

"Already cancelled. Came back a few months ago after originally being a beta to live player. Enjoyed the 12x xp, liked KOTFE, but stuck around because the change in companion healing and usefulness really opened the game up for my casual approach to the game. Now that this is gone, so am I. "

Insta leveling and trivial content - yes
    Anything that may take more than a second and require some effort - no

Maybe the easy solution is to just get one more person. 2 players & 2 companions. But that would require a modicum of effort. And you would have to socialize with the rest of the people posting their rage.

Who am I kidding, creating I quit/unsub posts is easier.

filmoret said:
    it was officially stated that we will still be able to solo them with ease just like we did before

"Already cancelled. Came back a few months ago after originally being a beta to live player. Enjoyed the 12x xp, liked KOTFE, but stuck around because the change in companion healing and usefulness really opened the game up for my casual approach to the game. Now that this is gone, so am I. "

Maybe the easy solution is to just get one more person. 2 players & 2 companions. But that would require a modicum of effort. And you would have to socialize with the rest of the people posting their rage.

ooooh, smart guy.

But nm, BW got their feedback. More than enough.
    filmoret said:

I remember the snarky posts aimed at the people who said this game was not doing well and was going to go FTP. That worked out well. I imagine Bioware will worry more about their precious bank account than in the callous wit of their defenders on web forums.
    According to these forums SwTor was suppose to be dead long ago. Seems to be doing mighty fine to me.

Can never take anything on MMORPG.COM seriously. This is where every game gets bashed and is predicted to die a horrible death.
  • udonudon Member UncommonPosts: 1,803
    edited November 2015
    filmoret said:
    So would you give up the level synced gear rewards you are getting from these zones in return for soloing them with ease?  I thought the whole point of level syncing was to give high level players more options for challenging content to play not to allow them to face roll anything they want and get useful rewards for doing it.

I have no doubt that BioWare overreacted and took the nerf to far but the idea that one person should be able to do these with "ease" just seems to negate the whole point of level sync in the first place.  If they wanted that why not just leave the zones as they where?  Why go though the trouble of implementing level sync if you are not going to challenge players at least a bit in these zones to complete them?  When I think level synching I think it's a good opportunity to turn full group zones into duo or small group zones or maybe solo zones for players with decent gear and good play techniques.
  • WicoaWicoa Member UncommonPosts: 1,637
    edited November 2015
    These are weekly ish dailies.  They aren't raids, if you want challenging content go to nightmare operations, side track questing systems are supposed to be easy.  Previously with the buffed companions all the quests were worth about 6 hours time if you did them all in a week, now it is far far more probably double if you % the nurf to time ratio correctly.

In the words of a famous woman "I don't got no time for that".  Especially for a side option quest system.

This is the first game to make dailies "challenging" f that.  

FYI Challenging Content isn't content that makes you watch and grind the HP bars, challenging content makes you think and react which engages the brain not shit yourself if your going to make it in the same scenario over and over and over 4-6 quests per planet.
  • goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141
    So here's what I take away from this mostly,  it sounds like all the people that liked to solo around in an MMO doing group content using their companions to replace grouping with real players cant do that anymore?  Or did I miss something.  I don't play it much so sorry if I missed some other underlying point.
  • nationalcitynationalcity Member UncommonPosts: 501
    edited November 2015
    Yeah, they went a little to far I mean who is testing this content for them.... Are they just not listening to the testers or what I mean, where in there right mind would they think this would go over well?

I understand the companions did need toned down but this is crazy.....
  • PangscarPangscar Member UncommonPosts: 36
    goboygo said:
    So here's what I take away from this mostly,  it sounds like all the people that liked to solo around in an MMO doing group content using their companions to replace grouping with real players cant do that anymore?  Or did I miss something.  I don't play it much so sorry if I missed some other underlying point.

Yeah pretty much. When I played the game after launch soloing old content was just something you did when bored and waiting for your group and guild to log on to do group and raid content. Seems like when they went to F2P mode most if not all the new players they got were all solo players.  Which is fine I guess but honestly you're still playing an MMO after all.
  • aslan132aslan132 Member UncommonPosts: 619
    Sounds like SWTOR the MMO is as dead as everyone said it was, and all the jokes about it being KOTOR 3 is being turned into a reality. Seems players are wanting to run it as a solo game with companions instead of treating it like an MMO and grouping with other real players. Sad.
  • kmpatkmpat Member UncommonPosts: 21
    goboygo said:
    This is from community manager himself  "The intent is that you can complete any [Heroic 2] with your Companion counting as one of the two. If you find this isn't true for any Heroics tomorrow, let us know"

Right now after the patched I tested most of upper lv. heroic with Lana influence lv.40 (ex. Heroic star fortress, Corelia, Hoth, Voss, etc.) I still able to do it, however if you play a class that dont have strong CC or self heal you will have a hard time playing. This will impact most of new players and those who have companion rank below 20  the most. Those who have legacy datacron and influence unlock (those who scream companion OP) will not have that much problem. This is not a good thing because you always want a new blood in your game.

For me I agree that companion need to tune down but this is extreme overkill to the point of not worth my time playing (H Star Fortress) not worth my time playing lead to unsub and wait for all episode release and pay 1 time sub. 
  • azarhalazarhal Member RarePosts: 1,402
    goboygo said:
    Yeah, you missed that BioWare said that Heroic 2+ would still be soloable with a companion after the patch. They were turned into dailies in 4.0 and are the main way to gear while you level up while doing your class story because 4.0 removed almost all gears from quests outside of the starter planets, getting adaptive gear is a lot more complicated (you basically have to be lucky in drops or get lots of money to buy it from the AH, they used to be rewards from FP and heroics pre 4.0 but not anymore) and comm mods are now green as well (lower gear level than pre 4.0 where they were blues).

A lots of the Heroic 2+ aren't soloable anymore or they require you to use everything you have in each fight making them way too long and frustrating to do. Some players also have issues with their normal questing and class missions, mostly the ones playing DPS builds, but healer players as well because companion tanks have 0 armor, defense and shields (a bug there since 4.0 that isn't fixed). From what I've read, companions are nor worst then pre 4.0 unless you got Legendary status and lots of influences with them.

In other word, new players are the ones affected the worst here.
  • CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    Pangscar said:
    goboygo said:

Yeah pretty much. When I played the game after launch soloing old content was just something you did when bored and waiting for your group and guild to log on to do group and raid content. Seems like when they went to F2P mode most if not all the new players they got were all solo players.  Which is fine I guess but honestly you're still playing an MMO after all.
    SW TOR's own mechanics make this a solocentric game. More so with this last expansion. Blame the game maker and not the players as its Bioware that has done the damage to themselves.

Totally agree. SWTORs been accused of being a solo game since it was released. It's pretty much the plight of the MMORPG today, though. 

Does anyone thing maybe these changes were an attempt to encourage grouping over soloing? Personally, I think that the way SWTOR is, it's more suited for a solo game anyway, so they should have embraced that over killing it. Give people more companions, etc, lol. thoughts? 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

azarhal said:
    goboygo said:
    Yeah, you missed that BioWare said that Heroic 2+ would still be soloable with a companion after the patch. They were turned into dailies in 4.0 and are the main way to gear while you level up while doing your class story because 4.0 removed almost all gears from quests outside of the starter planets, getting adaptive gear is a lot more complicated (you basically have to be lucky in drops or get lots of money to buy it from the AH, they used to be rewards from FP and heroics pre 4.0 but not anymore) and comm mods are now green as well (lower gear level than pre 4.0 where they were blues).

A lots of the Heroic 2+ aren't soloable anymore or they require you to use everything you have in each fight making them way too long and frustrating to do. Some players also have issues with their normal questing and class missions, mostly the ones playing DPS builds, but healer players as well because companion tanks have 0 armor, defense and shields (a bug there since 4.0 that isn't fixed). From what I've read, companions are nor worst then pre 4.0 unless you got Legendary status and lots of influences with them.

In other word, new players are the ones affected the worst here.
    Even on r50 they are worse than lvl60 ones pre 4.0. lvl55 would be right number.
  • psiicpsiic Member RarePosts: 1,640
    Well I can not resist. Told ya so. I called this back when 4.0 pushed and I canceled my sub then. 4.0 was a mess and a bunch of lazy entitled players ( not gamers ) thought the gimme gimme of 4.0 was the best thing ever.  Kind of funny takes me back to SWG and the bad decisions that led to even more bad decisions that led to the end of the game.
  • mmoguy43mmoguy43 Member UncommonPosts: 2,770
    I don't get why they are doing this level sync change.
    Is it to prevent griefing KSers, recycle old content, or make starter zones appear more populated?
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,610
    Distopia said:
    I am never one to call for nerfs (go with the flow kinda person), but I find it hard to say the way companions have been working to this point post DLC, was intended. I literally stood in a mess of mobs alt-tabbed and wrote a post about it without dying or being hurt really at all not long ago. Healing was way OP..
    When my wife and I played, I play a tank and my wife the DPS. I flat out got upset her tank companion not only out tanked me but did so with worse gear then I had. Also the companion taunt was so strong that even with a head start on the mob, the companion always pulled the aggro. I really had no clue why I was there? I think companions needed to be dialed back but it sound like they went to far. I think a balance needs to be found where companions are equal or less powerful then players.