Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bioware frauds players with 4.0.2 patch

Comments

• parpinparpin Member UncommonPosts: 220
    i have already canceled my subscription.
    the fact is all those content apart from small star fortress are almost 4 years old and they want you to do them over and over again in order to raise your alliance rank which at the end make very little to no difference when comes to the story itself mark my word for it.
    they added only 6-7 hours of story which was ok but not great BUT THEY ARE SO ARROGANT THEY ASK FOR SUBSCRIPTION FOR 4 YEARS OLD CONTENT AND THEY NERF PLAYERS BW IS ARROGANT AND I WONT FALL FOR THEIR LIES AGAIN.
  • SeelinnikoiSeelinnikoi Member RarePosts: 1,360
    Speak with your subscription and play time. 

I stopped paying and stopped playing, best decision ever.
    If you are a Star Wars fan, why not try the Star Wars The Old Republic?
    New players can get a welcome package and old/returning players can also get a welcome back package and 7 days free subscription time! Just click here to use my referral invitation
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    edited November 2015
    [mod edit]
    Post edited by Amana on

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878
    I just canceled my sub. I had two days left and was planning to stay subbed for a long time. I even bought $50 worth of cartel coins because I was so happy with KOTFE when it launched. I had a lot of fun. Looks like I'm putting SWTOR back on the shelf now. I hope I get some use out of those coins. :3

• jesteralwaysjesteralways Member RarePosts: 2,560
    edited November 2015

If they are trying to kill the game, they are trying it so that more people buy Battlefront which cost a shit load of million $$ to make.

So you are going with: EA is intentionally trying to kill their $200M online game under the belief that doing so will drive customers to their other Star Wars game... 

OK...
    You do understand why the word "if" is used right?

And you also do realize that EA have made back 1000% more profit from SWTOR already, right? They made more than 200 million just from box sales on 1st 6 months. And in 4 years they made much more, specially with cash shp, at this point "if" they decide to kill the game for battlefront i can't blame them.
    So now you are going with EA made 2 Biillion dollars profit from SWTOR?   And on top of that, suggest that their secret plan is to kill the game and hope it drives people to their new game...

Sorry no I didn't "realize that".

Like I said.. O-K...

Sigh....well i am to blame, i went overboard with "1000% profit" and on top of that i expected someone who did not get "if" 1st time will get it 2nd time...

Boobs are LIFE, Boobs are LOVE, Boobs are JUSTICE, Boobs are mankind's HOPES and DREAMS. People who complain about boobs have lost their humanity.

• WicoaWicoa Member UncommonPosts: 1,637
    Yesterday I spent the day getting my companion to 48 and was happy I could do my content as a healer as in that game there is no duel spec.

I am installing other games as we speak and makes it easier for me to go play BNS on launch!
  • flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
    You are playiing an EA game. Just stop!  Not sure Ihave any sympathy at this point.
    d_20 said:
    I just canceled my sub. I had two days left and was planning to stay subbed for a long time. I even bought $50 worth of cartel coins because I was so happy with KOTFE when it launched. I had a lot of fun. Looks like I'm putting SWTOR back on the shelf now. I hope I get some use out of those coins. :3
    Hold on to those coins for now. Unsubbing is the right thing to do at the moment but don't use those CC yet. I have been unsubbed for about a week now, was just thinking of resubbing 2 days ago when i saw the reddit post about nerf. Holding my 60 day keycard for now, should not have bought it in the 1st place...

Boobs are LIFE, Boobs are LOVE, Boobs are JUSTICE, Boobs are mankind's HOPES and DREAMS. People who complain about boobs have lost their humanity.

flizzer said:
    You are playiing an EA game. Just stop!  Not sure Ihave any sympathy at this point.
    Harsh but to the point and 100% correct assessment of the situation. I should have got the memo when they started monetizing quick bar, mission items, hide head slot ui option...but i made some great friends in swtor and did not wanna lose them...

• WicoaWicoa Member UncommonPosts: 1,637
    This is being called Biowares NGE
  • JudgeUKJudgeUK Member RarePosts: 1,679
    edited November 2015
    Not surprised this topic has made it onto here, as there are sh#t storms of epic proportions brewing up on the swtor game forums.

I honestly don't understand the thought processes that go with some of these game developers. Time after time - and not limited to any single company - they seem to go out of their way to reduce their player base.

Are they all slowly infected by a supreme being mindset, convinced that they know best, despite multiple advance warnings to the contrary?

Bioware/EA - just what heck is going on with you?
  • Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    JudgeUK said:
    Not surprised this topic has made it onto here, as there are sh#t storms of epic proportions brewing up on the swtor game forums.

I honestly don't understand the thought processes that go with some of these game developers. Time after time - and not limited to any single company - they seem to go out of their way to reduce their player base.

Are they all slowly infected by a supreme being mindset, convinced that they know best, despite multiple advance warnings to the contrary?

Bioware/EA - just what heck is going on with you?
    It's one of the biggest mistakes developers make regularly, yes. They give players something really nice, which they get attached to and then decide it was a mistake and take it all away again. Cue fallout of epic proportions. Which is what they're getting now on the official forums. (And to a far lesser extent on here)

By now the first five pages (if not more) on the official forums' general chat are practically made up of rage posts over this patch. And they're actually made by many different people, not the same handful of guys spamming the boards with the same thing over and over.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• MalaboogaMalabooga Member UncommonPosts: 2,977
    edited November 2015
    DMKano said:
    Fraud is a bit extreme IMO - this is a game we are talking about right?

If you read the EULA of any online game - the game company can make any changes at anytime to the game as they wish.

It's there in black and white.

How can this be fraud when all players agree to this before playing? 

Thyere not above the law. EULAs/TOSes are NOT legally binding.

So if you agree i can make you a slave, im of the hook?

Use your brain.

Not necessarly agree with fraud (even if i think it would actually stand up in court), but this myth with EULAs/TOSses being above the law HAS to end. Its NOT true.
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Malabooga said:
    DMKano said:

If you read the EULA of any online game - the game company can make any changes at anytime to the game as they wish.

Use your brain.

Not necessarly agree with fraud (even if i think it would actually stand up in court), but this deal with EULAs/TOSses being above the law HAS to end. Its NOT true.
    While there is a degree of common sense that can be applied, nevertheless, EULA/TOS's are legally binding.
    edited November 2015
    Phry said:
    Malabooga said:
    DMKano said:

Use your brain.

Not necessarly agree with fraud (even if i think it would actually stand up in court), but this deal with EULAs/TOSses being above the law HAS to end. Its NOT true.
    While there is a degree of common sense that can be applied, nevertheless, EULA/TOS's are legally binding.
    No, because NOTHING is above the law, cetainly NOT some EULA/TOS.
    You can sign it. If it goes against the LAW its NOT legally binding.

Its THAT simple. They have CRAPTON of stuff in them that goas above the law (just like DMkano nicely pointed out), its just that very few people bother in disputing it in court, and those few who DID won.

Its your discretion to decide is it worth it or not.
  • filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    This thread is proof that the general public wants easymode mmo's.  He's mad cuz he cant solo the group content of the game.  I'm not saying the nerfs were good but if you were able to solo all the group content then they did need nerfs.
    Are you onto something or just on something?
    edited November 2015
    filmoret said:
    This thread is proof that the general public wants easymode mmo's.  He's mad cuz he cant solo the group content of the game.  I'm not saying the nerfs were good but if you were able to solo all the group content then they did need nerfs.
    Youre full of it.

Even if they SAID yesterday its ment to be soloed (which only makes it worse)

Musco on 16.11.:

"Absolutely! It certainly may be a bit more challenging than before but you can complete them. The intent is that you can complete any [Heroic 2] with your Companion counting as one of the two."

they even had gameplay stream before KOTFE launch showing off how its NOT a biggie.

So now that "fraud" doesnt seem that far fetched any more huh?
  • GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342
    edited November 2015
    Malabooga said:
    Game (im)balance = fraud...yeah, not farfetched at all!
    filmoret said:
    No, it is a proof that general public is stupid....
    edited November 2015
    Gdemami said:
    Malabooga said:
    Game balance = fraud...yeah, not farfetched at all!
    They made companions WORSE than they were before the patch and 5+ levels ago.

they are 1/3 as effective as they were on lvl60 before patch. And they were considered semi-useless THEN lol

You should check "balance" in dictionary.
    Malabooga said:
    Gdemami said:
    Malabooga said:

Yes, it is still a balance change.

You should ckeck fraud...
    Gdemami said:
    Malabooga said:
    Gdemami said:
    Malabooga said:

Yes, it is still a balance change.

You should ckeck fraud...
    Can i "balance" your wallet?
  • Pratt2112Pratt2112 Member UncommonPosts: 1,636
    edited November 2015
    The official forums are on fire. I was about to give this game another try. 
    Give it a couple of weeks. They'll make adjustments again.
    They just have to find a good middle ground between the original 4.0 comps and today's.

Besides, they're not the only devs to go overboard with the nerfbat. Just about every company out there does. Which pretty goes to show that the majority of devs don't bother to play their own games, they make their decisions entirely based on "metrics" - which are often highly skewed by the hardcore elite.
    "But other devs do it, too!" is not a defense.

You don't justify or excuse poor behavior by pointing at similarly poor behavior. Also, what other devs do with their games isn't relevant to what Bioware is doing with SWTOR.

Seriously, it's tantamount to the whole "if you see others jump off a bridge, does that mean you should, too?"

Pratt2112 said:
    Seriously, it's tantamount to the whole "if you see others jump off a bridge, does that mean you should, too?"
    Funny you say so because that is precisely what you are doing by jumping on that bandwagon of idiocy...
  • GardavsshadeGardavsshade Member UncommonPosts: 907
    edited November 2015
    I had said in another thread that I was glad to see Companion's abilities nerfed a bit. I had not seen the numbers, I just assumed everything would be reasonable... I was wrong.

I had thought Bioware would have used a nerfbat.... instead they must have used one of them huge wooden twohanded Mallets the Army uses to drive fence stakes in for GP Large Tents or something... way over kill. Bioware may have just squashed the game they were trying to fix.

I apologize if my previous statement seemed insensitive to some Players.