Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bioware frauds players with 4.0.2 patch

jesteralwaysjesteralways Member RarePosts: 2,560
edited November 2015 in Star Wars: The Old Republic
Well, i don't know how to say this but calling it outright fraud. With kotfe dlc they brought "level sync" which level down players to the maximum level cap of an area, for example players in started planet will be leveled down to 12 if they are higher level, even if they are level 65. Now this raised concern that it will make farming heroics in low level areas quite impossible, for example black hole or corellia or voss or belsavis or hoth heroics. Bioware then promised in twitch livestream that will not be the case, we will still be able to solo any and all low level heroics despite level down and not only that, we will be able to solo heroics that are even close to our own level since they are making companion adjustments. On top of that there is the new Star Fortress Heroic 2+ flashpoint that has solo achievement adjacent to it, players can only use companions to complete this heroic if they want the achievement. But since bioware promised we will be able to solo the heroics we relented, we supported level sync.

Fast forward 1 month, patch 4.0.2 just hit and companion burst heal and damage nerfed by 75%-80%, Dot and HoT buffed by 10%; and we are dying like cockroaches in heroics of any planet above 35, our companions can't keep up with their heal or their tanking or even damage enough mob while we heal them to before they die and take us to void with them. A level 65 player dying constantly in lowbie heroics, that was not what Bioware promised us when they "sold" us kotfe and level sync.

Star Fortress heroic just became a nightmare, 3 and half minute in and mob hits like truck, healing companions can't heal for a minute before player dies, damage companion can't do enough damage before mob aggro on healing player and kill them, can not put companion in tank stance since at level 65 companion tanks are bugged with 0 armor; 0 defense; 0 shield and Bioware did not even bother fixing it before they nerfed companion healing and damage and also, again they did not bother taking feedback from players regarding this change and outright patched the game.

Not only that, when dataminers published that companion healing and damage are being nerfed by 75% and we started talking against nerf in official forums Bioware threatened players with BAN and even infringed several players with 5 points(maximum points before ban is 10). . This 4.0.2 patch is directly a fraudulent act committed by Bioiware against us players, this is borderline tyranny and fraud and cheating. Shame that i don't live in USA otherwise i would have sued them right now.    

Boobs are LIFE, Boobs are LOVE, Boobs are JUSTICE, Boobs are mankind's HOPES and DREAMS. People who complain about boobs have lost their humanity.

Comments

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    Well, i don't know how to say this 

Say it with paragraphs, stat.
  • TheOctagonTheOctagon Member UncommonPosts: 411
    I can tell you yesterdays patch is going to lose them all those subs they FINALLY won back. A total faceplant once again by a company who, by now, should have its sh*t together.

It is now 1:30am EST and I've been downloading their patch on a 15MB connection since 3pm and am still only at 27%. They have their speeds set back to 56k.

Then of course, there's the knee jerk nerf. I really think they're trying to kill the IP so they can get out from under EA. It has to be the reason why they handle things so ineptly.
  • jesteralwaysjesteralways Member RarePosts: 2,560
    edited November 2015
    Well, i don't know how to say this 

Say it with paragraphs, stat.
    Good suggestion, pretty furious right now with this shit. Gonna change some stuff, thanks.

Boobs are LIFE, Boobs are LOVE, Boobs are JUSTICE, Boobs are mankind's HOPES and DREAMS. People who complain about boobs have lost their humanity.

I can tell you yesterdays patch is going to lose them all those subs they FINALLY won back. A total faceplant once again by a company who, by now, should have its sh*t together.

It is now 1:30am EST and I've been downloading their patch on a 15MB connection since 3pm and am still only at 27%. They have their speeds set back to 56k.

Then of course, there's the knee jerk nerf. I really think they're trying to kill the IP so they can get out from under EA. It has to be the reason why they handle things so ineptly.
    If they are trying to kill the game, they are trying it so that more people buy Battlefront which cost a shit load of million $$ to make.

And about the download size, it seems again streaming client has the lowest download size while non streaming clients like mine have about 8GB download size. Another example of bad sense of common sense when they push toward a shitty streaming client.

Robokapp said:
    . Shame that i don't live in USA otherwise i would have sued them right now.     

Do you live behind a wall?
    Sorry about that, fixed the opening post so it will be much more readable now.

• WindlionWindlion Member UncommonPosts: 53
    edited November 2015
    I personally think there making a huge mistake very upset about this I was enjoying the game finally after years with the easier faster pace leveling I understand some people dont like it but it should be in option
    Robokapp said:
    Dear god, criticism worked!!!

I shall now in return, go and read the original post!

-----
    Read the post. So Bioware pulled an Allods. I'm sorry to hear that, but some of us have been pretty vocal against F2P for a while. This is exactly why. 
    Mate, what does f2p have to do with this? And honestly, this game is not f2p despite them advertising it as such, it has a glorified trial version that constantly asks money from players, constantly remind them that they are not subscribed to the game.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    edited November 2015
    I am never one to call for nerfs (go with the flow kinda person), but I find it hard to say the way companions have been working to this point post DLC, was intended. I literally stood in a mess of mobs alt-tabbed and wrote a post about it without dying or being hurt really at all not long ago. Healing was way OP..

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,405
    swtor...it was to be expected...lol

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• MalaboogaMalabooga Member UncommonPosts: 2,977
    edited November 2015
    I got my refund. Suggest you get yours.

And they wonder why MMOs are losing players.

As someone in my thread noted - people were enjoying themselves, and that wasnt their intention.

Havent hit official forums yet to see if all of it was pushed under the rug.
  • WicoaWicoa Member UncommonPosts: 1,637
    edited November 2015
    This game was finally a bit fun, thanks for taking the fun away makes it easier for me to play blade and soul when it launches.

Solo content is now obsolete for me, it was a bit dull tbh but at least it was speedy.  Now watching paint dry is more fun.

I pushed to get my Senya to 48 yesterday and was really enjoying having put that effort into one companion.  Now one silver mob takes her to 50% hp.
    Distopia said:
    I am never one to call for nerfs (go with the flow kinda person), but I find it hard to say the way companions have been working to this point post DLC, was intended. I literally stood in a mess of mobs alt-tabbed and wrote a post about it without dying or being hurt really at all not long ago. Healing was way OP..
    100% agree, Of course it was OP, i said that in official forums numerous times and was flamed for it(and now being blamed for nerf...) but this is not a balanced nerf, this is just outright bioware style clueless bullshit nerf.

A 30-40% total nerf in burst heal and burst damage number would have been totally fine, it would have been challenging to complete classic heroics and star fortress heroic but it would still be possible. But now it is impossible to get star fortress heroic solo achievement, not possible soloing any heroics starting from hoth, well hoth is kinda manageable, kinda but belsavis is where nightmare begins. This is not what they said when they added level sync, this is not the statement they made to us paying customers when they advertised kotfe and level sync and on top of that, again they did not even test the patch in pts properly and did not even take feedback from players before applying the patch. We should not simply just agree with this shit anymore, no sane person should.

Oh, and if you want to give them some feedback you can post my feedback from the thread below yours

http://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/442122/favor-for-someone-with-official-forum-access/p1
  • damond5031damond5031 Member UncommonPosts: 445
    The official forums are on fire. I was about to give this game another try. 
  • Solar_ProphetSolar_Prophet Member EpicPosts: 1,960
    I've not had a problem at any level so far with my companions tanking for my Sorceror. They hold threat much better now, and I don't even have to heal them most of the time. I do need to use CC in some areas, but that doesn't bother me. Haven't tried companion healing yet though, so I'll refrain from commenting on it until I do. DPS stance doesn't concern me, since I almost never use it, so again no comment. I really haven't seen anything worth the fuss yet. 

And yes, I can solo Hoth's heroics with few problems. 

AN' DERE AIN'T NO SUCH FING AS ENUFF DAKKA, YA GROT! Enuff'z more than ya got an' less than too much an' there ain't no such fing as too much dakka. Say dere is, and me Squiggoff'z eatin' tonight!

We are born of the blood. Made men by the blood. Undone by the blood. Our eyes are yet to open. FEAR THE OLD BLOOD. 

#IStandWithVic

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Give it a couple of weeks. They'll make adjustments again.
    They just have to find a good middle ground between the original 4.0 comps and today's.

Besides, they're not the only devs to go overboard with the nerfbat. Just about every company out there does. Which pretty goes to show that the majority of devs don't bother to play their own games, they make their decisions entirely based on "metrics" - which are often highly skewed by the hardcore elite.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

Give it a couple of weeks. They'll make adjustments again.
    They just have to find a good middle ground between the original 4.0 comps and today's.

Besides, they're not the only devs to go overboard with the nerfbat. Just about every company out there does. Which pretty goes to show that the majority of devs don't bother to play their own games, they make their decisions entirely based on "metrics" - which are often highly skewed by the hardcore elite.
    BUT they are the only company that constantly does this kind of thing without testing them and taking feedback from players. They have been doing this for 4 years now and they never stop to think "maybe we should take one or two week to let players test it on pts and give us feedback and then implement patch". They did the same shit with 1.3, 1.4 and every major patch including 2.0, 3.0 and even 4.0. Again and again and again, this is not right. As you have said they no longer play their own game to know what is going on, heck even their representative eric musco proved several time he has no idea how to play the game on live stream....

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983

If they are trying to kill the game, they are trying it so that more people buy Battlefront which cost a shit load of million $$ to make.

So you are going with: EA is intentionally trying to kill their $200M online game under the belief that doing so will drive customers to their other Star Wars game... 

OK...

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

edited November 2015
    Oh, and anyone from EU, if your sub renewal was within last 14 days they HAVE TO give you refund on subscription no questions asked. They even cant touch your account. You even keep KOTFE.

This is not just for SWTOR, its for EVERY subscription, its your consumer right.
  • FdzzaiglFdzzaigl Member UncommonPosts: 2,433
    I'm not gonna comment about the current state of things, as I didn't play the game recently.

But I have to say: OMFG YES, about level scaling. Perhaps there's finally a reason for me to play this game again. I've been asking for that since launch.

I've also successfully soloed most heroic 4 content on many classes (even the sniper) before Shadow of Revan; so not overly worried about difficulty. My ass loves a good kicking.

However, I've definitely seen a lot of bad knee-jerk nerfs happen too in the game when I was playing it.

Feel free to use my referral link for SW:TOR if you want to test out the game. You'll get some special unlocks!

edited November 2015

So you are going with: EA is intentionally trying to kill their $200M online game under the belief that doing so will drive customers to their other Star Wars game... 

OK...
    You do understand why the word "if" is used right?

And you also do realize that EA have made back 1000% more profit from SWTOR already, right? They made more than 200 million just from box sales on 1st 6 months. And in 4 years they made much more, specially with cash shp, at this point "if" they decide to kill the game for battlefront i can't blame them.

Fdzzaigl said:
    I'm not gonna comment about the current state of things, as I didn't play the game recently.

But I have to say: OMFG YES, about level scaling. Perhaps there's finally a reason for me to play this game again. I've been asking for that since launch.

I've also successfully soloed most heroic 4 content on many classes (even the sniper) before Shadow of Revan; so not overly worried about difficulty. My ass loves a good kicking.

However, I've definitely seen a lot of bad knee-jerk nerfs happen too in the game when I was playing it.
    As you have said you have not played recently, we have been playing and we know they just outright pissed on us. I won't be surprised if they now removed certain achievements just to piss on us more by announcing it was a limited time achievement and will no longer be available anymore for the rest of the playerbase. this will make it look like it was a "early access" thing and they will absolved of balancing companion again.

They said our companion will be useful all around and we can take our favorite companion anywhere we want without being worried. With this nerf now we will have to worry about gaining influence level to 50 and even that won't be enough in certain cases, we are back to screaming in empty zones for help in heroics but this time no one will even bother since they know they will be "synced" and helping will just be a huge waste of time.

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983

OK...
    You do understand why the word "if" is used right?

And you also do realize that EA have made back 1000% more profit from SWTOR already, right? They made more than 200 million just from box sales on 1st 6 months. And in 4 years they made much more, specially with cash shp, at this point "if" they decide to kill the game for battlefront i can't blame them.
    So now you are going with EA made 2 Biillion dollars profit from SWTOR?   And on top of that, suggest that their secret plan is to kill the game and hope it drives people to their new game...

Sorry no I didn't "realize that".

Like I said.. O-K...

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Interesting, a couple of friends of mine returned to EVE two nights ago. They said it was because SWTOR had released a not so good patch but didnt elaborate.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• IAmMMOIAmMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,462
    Bioware? You mean EA, there is no "Bioware" anymore, it's just an EA mask.  EA is the Mc Donald's  of gaming after all.